AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-19, 09:06   Link #401
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Taiwan is kinda closer to being absorbed into commie yoke at the moment.
Yes, embrace the greater mainland tourist revenue!

The great new unification weapon of doom-flood Taiwan with some much economic revenue and let them know who control the spigot.
Old 2013-03-19, 12:17   Link #402
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Taiwan is kinda closer to being absorbed into commie yoke at the moment.
And my lolis will be forced to breathe that polluted air! No! I want them cute and cuddly and adorable!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-19, 12:23   Link #403
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The Taiwanese are jealous.
Apparently the Americans don't liking sharing tech with Taiwan anymore because it all goes straight to Chinese spies.
Old 2013-03-19, 12:52   Link #404
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

After hearing all the attention whoring from North Korea for the upteenth time, some days I just think "If you're gonna push the goddamn button just do it, if not, then STFU"
Old 2013-03-19, 12:52   Link #405
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Apparently the Americans don't liking sharing tech with Taiwan anymore because it all goes straight to Chinese spies.
Precisely. But I am inclined to think that SK, having recognised PRC as the main head of China, have elements who actively conduct such deals too for the sake of money and business opportunities in China.

US is is losing out in an Asian game here. The only 3 Asian parties that are still "technically" on their side are Japan, Taiwan and SEA.

Did I mention how much the rest of SEA hates China to the extent that racism against Chinese, be they migrants or born here, are usually condoned in a number of their states?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-19, 13:14   Link #406
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Did I mention how much the rest of SEA hates China to the extent that racism against Chinese, be they migrants or born here, are usually condoned in a number of their states?
Country != Person. That makes me very sad..
Old 2013-03-19, 13:41   Link #407
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Country != Person. That makes me very sad..
We have had that here for a century. First the Malays, then the Japanese, then the British, then the Malays again, and now the Filipinos, Indians and Malays thanks to the bloody mainlanders who have no repect for the adapted culture and norms here.

I don't remember my ancestors being as much ostracised when they ran here to escape the revolution in the early 1900s. Then again, we Chinese seem to have that prideful streak when it comes to comparing skin colour and race, so I guess this is karma? I don't know.

Being a non-pure makes it worse - with all that "corrupted Chinese" comments I hear after revealing my lineage, I am starting to agree that recessive genes is not jist spread through family lines, but racial lines too.

Old 2013-03-19, 18:20   Link #408
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
I don't remember my ancestors being as much ostracised when they ran here to escape the revolution in the early 1900s. Then again, we Chinese seem to have that prideful streak when it comes to comparing skin colour and race, so I guess this is karma? I don't know.

Being a non-pure makes it worse - with all that "corrupted Chinese" comments I hear after revealing my lineage, I am starting to agree that recessive genes is not jist spread through family lines, but racial lines too.
Chinese philosophy and culture started becoming really pretentious and stuck-up around the Song dynasty when they invented neo-Confucianism and things like foot binding. Even as China got powerful in the Ming and early Qing, the cultural situation stagnated and has never really recovered since. Note how China hasn't really produced any innovations of value for a couple centuries.
Old 2013-03-19, 19:20   Link #409
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
North Korean elite beating sanctions, one plasma TV at a time

Quote:
BEIJING (Reuters) - North Koreans appear to be having little trouble taking home the latest cameras, flat-screen TVs and other items from China despite U.N. sanctions that are supposed to make it harder for the country's elite to enjoy the good things in life.
Old 2013-03-19, 19:42   Link #410
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

China fires warning shot at North Korea banks: report
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92I09P20130319
Quote:
Chinese regulators appear to have issued a warning shot to North Korean banks, telling them to stay within the remit of their permitted operations in China or risk penalties after a new round of U.N. sanctions sought to cut Pyongyang's funding.
Old 2013-03-19, 22:08   Link #411
Ridwan

Quote:
Chinese upperhand in middlemen and business sectors doesn't help.

Of course, we can blame that to Europeans, which weren't all that nice to Chinese themselves.
Old 2013-03-20, 08:18   Link #412
LeoXiao
思想工作

Moving back to the topic...

So this is kind of random but basically:
- The DPRK is known as Choson but the ROK is called Hanguk
- The DPRK would be gotten rid of after reunification
- What would become of the name "Choson"? Would the northern half of the country still retain it, or would it simply become a part of Hanguk?
Old 2013-03-20, 09:55   Link #413
Sumeragi
Banned

Depends. I personally want "Goryeo" to be used if this is an "equal" reunification.
Old 2013-03-20, 23:56   Link #414
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

First, North Korean servers got cyber-attacked.

Second, South Korean internet gets cyber-attacked.

Third, guess who's apparently behind yesterday's cyber-attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21873017

Spoiler for long text:

I don't think any random North Korean dude can just play hacking from any random computer in China. I would not be surprised if those same vandals from PLA Unit 61398 are involved in this somehow and I believe the South Koreans know it despite not disclosing any further information.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-03-21 at 00:15.
Old 2013-03-21, 14:52   Link #415
AnimeFan188

Your hard drive will self-destruct at 2pm: Inside the South Korean cyberattack:

"A cyberattack in South Korea on Wednesday took the networks of several companies offline.
While some recovered in a matter of hours, South Korea's public broadcasting organization,
KBS, is still offline. But the identity of the person or group behind the attacks is still an open
question—one muddied by the hackers who are taking credit for at least part of it. It's not
clear at this point if the attack was state-sponsored, cyberwarfare by North Korea, or simply
an act of cyberterrorism by hackers looking to make a virtual name for themselves."

See:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013...-cyber-attack/
Old 2013-03-21, 16:13   Link #416
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
First, North Korean servers got cyber-attacked.

Second, South Korean internet gets cyber-attacked.

Third, guess who's apparently behind yesterday's cyber-attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21873017

Spoiler for long text:

I don't think any random North Korean dude can just play hacking from any random computer in China. I would not be surprised if those same vandals from PLA Unit 61398 are involved in this somehow and I believe the South Koreans know it despite not disclosing any further information.
Because it is so hard to re-direct an IP address from another country right?
Old 2013-03-21, 20:39   Link #417
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Because it is so hard to re-direct an IP address from another country right?
You must excuse us of our scepticism in NK's hacking ability. Mostly due to the lack of computer use in their general population. China has know hackers under their pay, it is a matter of what is more likely.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:49   Link #418
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You must excuse us of our scepticism in NK's hacking ability. Mostly due to the lack of computer use in their general population. China has know hackers under their pay, it is a matter of what is more likely.
The NPR disagree, unless you want to argue NPR is also an Chinese backed entity...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...a-is-no-newbie

So does Bloomingberg, unless you claim that source is Biased toward Bejing as well.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...asters-1-.html

And two years ago, Fox News. A known Communist China supporter, right?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/05...sophisticated/

So maybe, just maybe, one shouldn't underestimate the North Koreans?
Old 2013-03-21, 22:39   Link #419
Sumeragi
Banned

You know people, just because a country does not allow access to computers on a general level does not mean it cannot have teeth if it put its mind to it. Believe it or not DPRK has a sophisticated internet network with highly trained programmers/hackers, all for military purposes.
Old 2013-03-22, 09:17   Link #420
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
So maybe, just maybe, one shouldn't underestimate the North Koreans?
Pfft.. North Vietnam Korea? What could they possibly do! Psh posh!