AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-06-05, 02:41   Link #281
marvelB

Spoiler for Episode 265:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 16:17   Link #282
noktown

Saw episode 265

Even if i dont understand Japanese,there was nothing i didnt understand ;d
cuz they didint talk much ;d
I think this episode is meaningless,there was too much useless fightings
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 01:29   Link #283
Chuixupu
Shikachu

The beginning of Enies Lobby is like that. Lots of crazy fighting, and letting the bigger dogs and bigger dogs out.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 01:49   Link #284
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Wow 12 whole minutes of new footage! awesome! Actually I did enjoy Luffy's new attack a lot other then that it was alright.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 01:57   Link #285
Tsukishirou

Ah the boringness from before the scene from the new OP happened, it seemed eternal.
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 14:05   Link #286
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Wow 12 whole minutes of new footage! awesome! Actually I did enjoy Luffy's new attack a lot other then that it was alright.
lol.. First 9:21 minutes were comprised of recap, about 30 seconds of new scene, and the opening theme. The animation was crappy and lacking most of the time, though the faces (character design) were still consistent. The story could have been summed up in about 30 seconds which had been stretched to occupy a whole 12 minutes, as Tommy so aptly put. Of course the animators needed two weeks break to accomplish all of these. On the bright side, it will be interesting to see how they will manage to recap anything from this episode for their next episode since nothing has happened. Won't hold my breathe.. what if, they come through!

Give this episode a 2.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 15:10   Link #287
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, honestly nothing really happens in the plot for a while. XD I hope they don't stretch out the this part too much, it's already longer than it needs to be.
Old 2006-06-07, 17:12   Link #288
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Hey, the farther they stretch it, the more the manga can progress. Unless it's reaching the point of unbearable suckitude already?

(we need to make suckitude an official word)
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 18:27   Link #289
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It's not that bad. Someone with too much time on his hands actually looked and discovered that episode 265 covers more manga pages than the past 5 episodes did.

Edit: Like so:

261: 22 pages
262: 23 pages
263: 19 pages
264: 22 pages
265: 25 pages

Last edited by Chuixupu; 2006-06-08 at 14:12.
Old 2006-06-08, 19:56   Link #290
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

265 was a pretty dope episode...Although the 10 minute flashbacks eating up almost half the ep are kinda getting on my nerves each week...They need to just make Ennis lobby the movie so we can be done with this arc that seems it will be great, but God how much longer can we wait??
Old 2006-06-08, 21:29   Link #291
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Have patience. A lot of stuff happens. There's also another *don* flashback. At least we have a full hour of One Piece on the 24th. (well, not full considering commercials and stuff)
Old 2006-06-11, 12:55   Link #292
chucky
Always impatient

266 isnt bad at all, not just compared to the crappy 265.
You can pay attention to the BGM, there are several new scores and they are great.
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 15:26   Link #293
Chuixupu
Shikachu

They're probably from Movie 7 (haven't watched the episode yet to know). They started using some M7 music at the arrival at Enies Lobby.
Old 2006-06-12, 15:24   Link #294
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I thought 266 was good, part of the reason might be that we only had 3 minutes of recap and some of that was new footage added in.

spoilers for 266
Spoiler:
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 19:33   Link #295
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yeah, that was wierd how they thread that little bit of new footage in the recap.

It was a good episode. I like the little extra stuff they put in there, like the Jyabura/Kumadori bit about his mother, and Tileston and Lulu nailing Kaashi's face to the wall, and that little Robin flashback.

And yeah, the new music is from movie 7. I kind of miss the days when they wrote new music for specific scenes. Other than little bits here and there, they haven't really done that since Alabasta.
Old 2006-06-14, 02:11   Link #296
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
265 was a pretty dope episode...Although the 10 minute flashbacks eating up almost half the ep are kinda getting on my nerves each week...They need to just make Ennis lobby the movie so we can be done with this arc that seems it will be great, but God how much longer can we wait??
I agree. Almost 10 minutes are waste before we see any new material. I think it's a cheap but effective way to stretch out the anime.

By the way didn't Water 7 end at 263? I spose the thread should be renamed.

On a more positive note, the quality of the episodes still amaze me, it's a treat everytime.
Old 2006-06-14, 02:46   Link #297
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, the whole naming of arcs thing is just what fans do. In reality the story arc that began when they arrived at Water 7 (or met Ao Kiji) has not ended yet, even though they changed locations. There is no closure at all, like there was at the end of Alabasta or Skypiea. Maybe we should call this whole thing the CP9 arc or something. :P
Old 2006-06-14, 04:54   Link #298
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Well, the whole naming of arcs thing is just what fans do. In reality the story arc that began when they arrived at Water 7 (or met Ao Kiji) has not ended yet, even though they changed locations. There is no closure at all, like there was at the end of Alabasta or Skypiea. Maybe we should call this whole thing the CP9 arc or something. :P
Well you do have a point there. It's kind of hard to come up with a name for this arc anyway. Altough if I had to pick one thing it would be Robin. Since the arrival at Water 7 (and the fight with Ao Kiji) things have pretty much revolved around Robin. There were some other subjects like Going Merry and the fight with Ussop but basically it should be called the Robin-arc .
Old 2006-06-16, 21:07   Link #299
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

266 was pretty good...I love these One Piece-isms we get every few episodes...First it was "Sasasasaaaaaaah....." from ramen-kenpo dude and now we get the super adorable voice coming out of this zipper faced monster going, "Chapapaaah"....I'm seriously wondering if this is japanese slang or down syndrome XD...As for zipper-fatty how can you beat this guy when all he does is absorbs then coverts your energy?? It's gotta suck to be the leader and have only 9 dororos(?) or whatever that is Zipper-fatty said...

So now we got 2 cat beast freaks?? Lucci and that other guy?? He is kinda taking away from Lucci's cool points, it's like I don't even want Lucci to sully his hands with that grunt (In all honesty I'm just ready to see Luffy vs. Lucci,I don't really care about anything else...Robin, yeah..., whatever, save her...Let's just keep it moving)...The OP seems to suggest Luffy has some even better moves than we've ever seen and I'm just ready to see them(can't believe the last bigtime Luffy fight was vs. Eneru on that ship)...Rope-san and the rest of the Franky House were pretty dope too the way they trounced those GIANTS...

Overall a pretty good ep and the next one seems to be even better...Just release them all NOW so I can get on with my life cause I just have to see this, yet I have no patience for waiting as looooong as I have...Well maybe I do since I have...Anyways maybe we should call this the "Sea-train" arc...That's assuming there's still some tracks left ;p...
Old 2006-06-16, 21:18   Link #300
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
It's gotta suck to be the leader and have only 9 dororos(?) or whatever that is Zipper-fatty said...
It's douriki...and fatty's name is Fukuro.

Quote:
So now we got 2 cat beast freaks?? Lucci and that other guy??
Notice that Lucci called him a "stray dog". (his name is Jyabura)

Quote:
(In all honesty I'm just ready to see Luffy vs. Lucci,I don't really care about anything else...Robin, yeah..., whatever, save her...Let's just keep it moving)
He has to fight Lucci in order to save her. :P But you'll have to just be patient, it doesn't come quickly.

Quote:
The OP seems to suggest Luffy has some even better moves than we've ever seen and I'm just ready to see them
You'll get a good taste of it in just a few more episodes.