AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 22:38   Link #16021
lovecakecookies

Looking at the pictures on her wall, man it makes me more sad..

They all went there separate ways... and they all look so happy in the pics.. sniff sniff..

So bittersweet..
Old 2008-10-04, 22:41   Link #16022
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post

They all went there separate ways... and they all look so happy in the pics.. sniff sniff..
Well, at the very least, I would say Rival is still at school and Milly is in the area. It strikes me that Anya left the KoR since she's w/ Orange-kun at the end, so she could be at Ashford, too. Gino could be at Ashford while being a liason from Britannia to the UFN or something (Hey, if he could attend Ashford during a war, I don't see why he couldn't now.). Then there's Nina; since Milly is her best friend, it's a good bet she's in the area, too.
Old 2008-10-04, 22:42   Link #16023
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I'm not sure where C.C. was at the end of the show (looked like rural Europe), but I'm pretty sure Australia wasn't it.
Mao made a house there

It'll be painted Green and have lots of drawings of C.C. in it and the trunk she was gonna get stuffed in when she was gonna get "compact'd"

Quote:

So bittersweet..
Yea I know. It just gives you that feeling that it should've ended differently.
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:45   Link #16024
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
You just noticed that??

I doubt they keep in close touch. Any talks they would have would have to be in secret. More likely Kallen would talk to Nunnally.

I'm more interested in when she got her Guren key back. After she was taken in it would of been Lelouch's forces who took the Guren in.
Did she get it back by herself, was it sent to her, or was it given to her as a keepsake by either Nunnally or Suzaku. Since Nunnally saw into Lelouch's memories I would hope that she may be able to answer Kallen's question.

I find it unlikely that as long as Lloyd is alive he wouldn't be trying to develop a better KMF. Same goes for Rakshata.
That's a really good question. Something to think about.

It would have been a great scene to have Nunally hand her the Guren Key.
Old 2008-10-04, 22:47   Link #16025
blottyparchment

Quote:
Just to be clear, do mean something like "I don't think it was a lack of fondness by CLAMP that contributed to her not being included in the second R2 ending sequence."

Sorry for asking, but the triple negative in the way you wrote it is confusing the hell out of me.
Lol, I realized that I did write something confusing. To clarify what I said, I think CLAMP does like Kallen, but they just preferred to draw more Lelouch and C.C. Long and/or wavy hair is more of CLAMP's forte.

Quote:

'Minor' character seems to be a flimsy excuse if you ask me. In the second season, she probably had almost, if not equal, screen time as Suzaku and C.C.
IMO, I think that Taniguchi and Okouchi really wanted to go somewhere with Kallen's character and placed her along with Lelouch, C.C., and Suzaku, but for story or whatever reasons, they couldn't give the same amount of focus on her. Look at season 2's second half. Her role dwindled, but they would give her the occasional spotlight, like that Kaminejima episode.

For S2, I think they intended, no they did intend to expand on her character, but the problem is/was, the introduction of more characters such as Rolo, Gino, Anya, Xingke, etc., who would have to share some screentime with the already existing characters. So, we end up with underdeveloped characters. Kallen, at least, was given more of a role but not to point in which she would/could have an impact on the storyline. If only they allowed her scenes to run their course, without those interruptions (I'm really getting more and more bitter about those interruptions ), I think she'd have more of an impact, i.e., convincing Lelouch to get off his demon path.

The credits for ep25 had Lelouch, C.C., and Suzaku on the first page and Kallen on the top of the next page. Even the drama CDs would credit the first three and leave the rest as 'others'. So, in the creators' eyes, Kallen may not be considered a main character anymore, but she is still a very important supporting character.

Quote:
OMg.. I just noticed there is a picture of Suzaku on her wall thing!!

Lol..I am so slow.. I wonder if they keep in touch.. I hope they doo..

I LOVE the song...
I notice that Kallen must like to keep pictures of others but not those of her own. Aside from the shot of Lelouch in which she could be seen in the background, that wall is plastered with pictures of other people.

The song is good because it's filled with Amisuke's/Kallen's feelings.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:47   Link #16026
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Maybe they never took the key from her? The Guren was pretty much screwed in it's last fight. Its not like it would have done her any good now would it XD ?
Old 2008-10-04, 22:49   Link #16027
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
Mao made a house there

It'll be painted Green and have lots of drawings of C.C. in it and the trunk she was gonna get stuffed in when she was gonna get "compact'd"

Yea I know. It just gives you that feeling that it should've ended differently.
I know... I feel the same.. but you know, even IF lulu is alive, it still sucks because he is away from all those he tried to protect.. its still sad..

But the world became safe because of his sacrifice.. so it is a truly bittersweet end..
Old 2008-10-04, 22:53   Link #16028
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
That's a really good question. Something to think about.

It would have been a great scene to have Nunally hand her the Guren Key.
It's also just possibly she got the key back if they returned the damaged Guren to Japan.
She wears it pretty prominently around her neck. I don't think out of the whole series we have ever seen anyone wear a charm outside their uniform.
C.C. has her Cheese-kun, which was kind of a gift from Lelouch. More so something he paid for, but she earned. Kind of hard to call it a gift from him. When it wasn't something he selected for her. Kind of like when you give someone money to buy them self something.

The Guren key was something Lelouch literally gave Kallen, but I don't think out of romance, but trust.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-10-04 at 23:17.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:56   Link #16029
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
I know... I feel the same.. but you know, even IF lulu is alive, it still sucks because he is away from all those he tried to protect.. its still sad..

But the world became safe because of his sacrifice.. so it is a truly bittersweet end..
Yea, even if he is alive, he really can't really enjoy it and he wouldn't want to disrupt the choices his friends have made such as with Kallen finally back at school.

Which gave me a funny scenario if Kallen finally went out with someone at school (or gino if you want) and Lelouch came back and dropped in on her with her date.

(Kallen Development now ruined for the lulz )
Old 2008-10-04, 22:58   Link #16030
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
Yea, even if he is alive, he really can't really enjoy it and he wouldn't want to disrupt the choices his friends have made such as with Kallen finally back at school.

Which gave me a funny scenario if Kallen finally went out with someone at school (or gino if you want) and Lelouch came back and dropped in on her with her date.

(Kallen Development now ruined for the lulz )
LOL.... ouch.. comes back to see how she is doing and that happens.. lol
Old 2008-10-04, 23:02   Link #16031
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
LOL.... ouch.. comes back to see how she is doing and that happens.. lol
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Jealousy(R1)
Old 2008-10-04, 23:37   Link #16032
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Hey people, which song was played in the Kalulu kiss scene??
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:41   Link #16033
lovecakecookies

A track called Nunnally

which also played during the scene between Lulu and C.C. in episode 24 and when Nina was talking to Lulu about Euphemia too..
Old 2008-10-04, 23:45   Link #16034
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
I've been told the song is called "Nunnally"(off the Code Geass R2 OST2), but I haven't been able to confirm this.
I've also gotten mixed answers at times. Not that the people who have given me that answer aren't trust worth, good people. I'm just not a very trusting person by nature. I like to confirm. What's that old saying, 'trust, but verify'.?

I'm gifted with perfect pitch and I can hear differences in songs. Also I can't watch some commercials and I NEVER watch singing reality shows. Off key music can actually cause me pain.
Quote:
A track called Nunnally

which also played during the scene between Lulu and C.C. in episode 24 and when Nina was talking to Lulu about Euphemia too..
I'm pretty certain the song was first used during Kallen's kiss.
Also look how the song was used. It started from the kiss and played only till Lelouch started to talk to the Supreme Counsel and Kallen was watching the screen.
Old 2008-10-04, 23:47   Link #16035
PlatinumSoul
Kalulu fanatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
Actually...the song is called Nunnally which is sung by hitomi. I kind of got mad when I learned that the song was called Nunnally and was played during a Kalulu moment.
PlatinumSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 23:49   Link #16036
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
The Guren key was something Lelouch literally gave Kallen, but I don't think out of romance, but trust.
So I guess it works out that. She's carrying his trust/will around with her.

Sigh

Its pretty sweet. Makes me start to hate the word ambigious.
Old 2008-10-04, 23:57   Link #16037
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I've been told the song is called "Nunnally"(off the Code Geass R2 OST2), but I haven't been able to confirm this.
I've also gotten mixed answers at times. Not that the people who have given me that answer aren't trust worth, good people. I'm just not a very trusting person by nature. I like to confirm. What's that old saying, 'trust, but verify'.?
I can confirm it, the song is Nunnaly from R2 second OST.

It was played during the kalulu kiss in 22, when nina was talking to lelouch in 24 and during the cluclu scene, also in 24.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:02   Link #16038
FoxxFireArt

Wait a tick. I just realized something. Kallen is in that manga spin off Nightmare for Nunnally, right. I'm watching an amv that has a picture from the manga and Kallen appears.
Now don't quote me on this, but from what I have hear, which is little about the series, C.C. doesn't appear in this manga.
I wonder what kind of role Kallen plays in this series??

I haven't been able to find this manga translated anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I can confirm it, the song is Nunnaly from R2 second OST.

It was played during the kalulu kiss in 22, when nina was talking to lelouch in 24 and during the cluclu scene, also in 24.
I understand. It's not that I don't believe you. I just like to verify things myself before I start saying it as fact myself.
I'm currently trying to find a track to play of that song to confirm, but I'm kind of stuck right now watching some AMVs that have scenes of Nightmare for Nunnally.
Sadly they are only translated into Spanish, and my Spanish is worse then my German.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-10-05 at 00:15.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:04   Link #16039
Micante

Quote:
Wait a tick. I just realized something. Kallen is in that manga spin off Nightmare for Nunnally, right. I'm watching an amv that has a picture from the manga and Kallen appears.
Now don't quote me on this, but from what I have hear, which is little about the series, C.C. doesn't appear in this manga.
I wonder what kind of role Kallen plays in this series??

I haven't been able to find this manga translated anywhere.
C.C. does appear in the manga. I only read the first chapter before, but she's there.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:04   Link #16040
lovecakecookies

hold on, I thought Kallen was not in the manga.. lol