Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-17, 18:06   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Funny that Maaya Sakamoto was mentioned in this thread. Her website updated today to announce that she'd be singing the ending theme to Kurogane no Linebarrel. Title's "Ame ga furu" (雨が降る). Release on October 29th.
Wonderful news. I can't wait to hear it.

I'm quite enjoying the manga, though with Gonzo doing this i'll be going in to it pretty damn worried.
Old 2008-08-21, 02:15   Link #82
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wonderful news. I can't wait to hear it.

I'm quite enjoying the manga, though with Gonzo doing this i'll be going in to it pretty damn worried.
It's not which studio does it but who the studio hires to do the show that makes the difference, heck look at how much difference it made when Yamakan got fired for his position as director for Lucky Star after episode 4. If you look at the staff list on the show you can see that they pretty much went all out to get the best names in the industry.

Creative producer: Taguchi Goro (Code Geass)
Writer: Yoshimura Kiyoko (Gravion)
Scripts & Special Settings : Morita Shigeru (Code Geass, Gundam SEED)
Mecha Designs : Suzuki Tsutomu (Z.O.E)
SFX Director: Itano Ichiro (Macross series)
Sound Director : Mima Masafumi (Macross Frontier)

Pretty much everyone on board had contributed to a major smash hit mecha show one way or the other and have taken the same postion for Linebarrel. Besides the obviously questionable choice of getting Hirai as the character designer (though I'm sure there are a lot of fans of his work too), the creative team looks pretty damn solid. Doubt it would be a classic personally, but at least the team guarantees it to be at least entertaining I think.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:19   Link #83
Westlo
Lets be reality

Latest pv

http://www.moetron.com/2008/09/13/ku...rel-latest-pv/

sigh @ Ali Project.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:37   Link #84
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Man... every song I hear from these fools sounds like it's Halloween. Their music should only be used for Halloween and I don't even like the garbage ED that was used by them for Geass R2...

Stupid GONZO....
Old 2008-09-13, 12:17   Link #85
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

They should have signed up angela.
Old 2008-09-13, 12:46   Link #86
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Sounds very Ali project like, hahaha. In honesty I don't mind their work although repetitive I'm sure there's a fanbase for them. What I did like are the action scene, hopefully the fighting will be as enjoyable as blassreiter.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 18:35   Link #87
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, it looks pretty solid. AT LEAST Hirai slightly changed his art style and looks more like Infinite Ryvius than his later works. I always thought the style he used in Ryvius looked far better than, say sCRYed, the SEEDs and Fafner with those bold outlines, wider heads and such. I'll probably check this out eventually.

For some reason, I get R.A.D vibes from this, for anyone who was lucky enough to actually play that game(I did, but never beaten it ).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 18:45   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
It's not which studio does it but who the studio hires to do the show that makes the difference
It's not like you can blame me for jumping at Gonzo like that after Dragonaut.

But yeah they have all the right people for the job. I love the manga, so i'm hoping for a worthy adaptation.
Old 2008-09-14, 15:21   Link #89
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
They should have signed up angela.
true words , Angela would have made this show take another level.
I really love the manga , Tetsuya , Noto but uh...i am scare of Gonzo.

...sometimes....at nights...when i sleep......in my dreams.....I....I can see.....Dragonauts T-T

ok well not really , but I still fear teh Gonzo. =/
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 18:07   Link #90
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The CG reminds of SRW Divine in that it's really just too obvious. The combat looks a bit slow and kind of boring (then again I've been spoiled horribly by Gundam 00) but no where near Reideen's instant replay level of speed. The main character looks alright, but of course the females still look ripped straight from Gundam Seed, especially the blonde haired girl that kind of reminds me of Talia Gladys. We'll see how it goes. It already looks better than Dragonauts trailer.
Speaking of SRW the mech reminds me bit of Bartools, I don't whether it is the color scheme but it does remind me of them a bit. The show it self looks ok and I am not really having high expectation for this show. Also how bad was Dragonauts? Even though I never thought of watching it after hearing about how bad it is I am kinda curious.
Old 2008-09-14, 23:26   Link #91
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Old Angela, yes. New Angela? Avoid like the plague.

If the CG reminds you of the Divine Wars anime, it should. Itano was in charge of that show's special effects as well.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 07:43   Link #92
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Hmm, this show looks not bad. Gonzo does a good job with Blassreiter, so this one will probably be good.
Old 2008-09-19, 18:00   Link #93
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
My stomach is doing hoola hoops on this. On one hand the staff looks promising. On the other, GONZO. Yikes!
Old 2008-09-20, 14:54   Link #94
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I could care less about the staff. The manga of this show gave me really good vibes.
If they at least try to stick to it this is going to be awesome.
Old 2008-09-23, 05:22   Link #95
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Also how bad was Dragonauts? Even though I never thought of watching it after hearing about how bad it is I am kinda curious.
It was one of the worst things I've ever watched. It is so bad that it reminds me of a string of wet sponges; it reminds me of tattered washing on the line; it reminds me of stale bean soup, of college yells, of dogs barking idiotically through endless nights. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish, and crawls insanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doodle. It is balder and dash.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 05:58   Link #96
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm so sick of Ali Project!! It's time for them to disband, because all this shit sounds the same. I wish I could be one of their fans again, but I've just lost my love for them.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:23   Link #97
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
It was one of the worst things I've ever watched. It is so bad that it reminds me of a string of wet sponges; it reminds me of tattered washing on the line; it reminds me of stale bean soup, of college yells, of dogs barking idiotically through endless nights. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish, and crawls insanely up the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doodle. It is balder and dash.
You know what the worst part was? It actually looked like it had potential in an otherwise mostly average season, then you saw the breasts... It wasn't called Boobonaut for nothing.

On Linebarrel itself, it seems to have the good source material, but I heard Rosario + Vampire was alright too (though I don't think it could have been all that good). On the plus side, what little mecha sequences that have been shown seem pretty good, though certainly not Macross F or Gundam 00 levels.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 18:22   Link #98
Kraker2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Old Angela, yes. New Angela? Avoid like the plague.

If the CG reminds you of the Divine Wars anime, it should. Itano was in charge of that show's special effects as well.
The SRW anime had a really low low low low low budget. Hence the rubbish animation and CG.

As for KnL: I'd think Gonzo are now used to using CGI in everything plus the mechs look quite detailed.
Old 2008-09-26, 02:47   Link #99
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Don't forget, before Gurren Lagann, everyone thought it would be crap, because Gainax hadn't produced anything worth mentioning since FLCL (or maybe Diebuster). Maybe the same will be true here. Or not, Gonzo is in dire straights right now.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 09:01   Link #100
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Don't forget, before Gurren Lagann, everyone thought it would be crap, because Gainax hadn't produced anything worth mentioning since FLCL (or maybe Diebuster). Maybe the same will be true here. Or not, Gonzo is in dire straights right now.
Well in the trailer there's a scene with a girl (I know who she is) naked next to mister factor. Honestly I don't remember reading that scene, so it might be they're adding etchii original material in the mix.

Tags
gonzo, mecha, sci-fi, shounen