AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-08, 00:15   Link #921
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
My question is, should they fight,
Well... it's The Destroyers object to whip out all life and Priscilla does seem to have an appetite, so there goals really conflict.

What Priscilla would need to consider before directly attacking The Destroyer is if I attack now can I win?
  • If yes, will I have enough power to hold off the worst the rest of the island can throw at me.
  • If not, at what point do it become necessity to attack her in order to have enough food left to survive. Then compare the above answers to this... at what point between those points is it safest for me to attack with the least long term risk.

The questions for The Destroyer are far more complicated due to her mental abilities being such an unknown at this point. Also we don't know yet if The Destroyer has sensed Priscilla... nor if she can move yet...

Assuming The Destroyer has enough cognitive ability to form a long term plan. Sh should ask herself is... If I attack Priscilla can I win?

If yes, will I still have enough power to whip out the rest of the life on the island, even if they gain up and do a massive retaliation against me? or does my long term plans come to risk by attacking Priscilla now?

If no, how do I go about whipping out as much of her food source as quickly as possible so her death is all but guaranteed? If I do this when I expect a counter attack and how can i make things harder for her to beat me?

Quote:
does anyone realistically expect either to survive if Miria/other Ghosts show up in the immediate aftermath of victory?
That depend on the magitude of the difference between the twos power... in short how weakened will the winner be after the fight... If the winner is only taken down 50% I doubt Miria will stand a chance unless her opening move goes unspotted and heard. However if there near death, like Isley was after fighting Luciela then victory is all but inevitable.

That assumes nothing drastic happens to prevent one from taking advantage of that opportunity. Bare in mind that Miria might not be going west but east, so how could she kill the winner if she traveled in the wrong direction... though there others who could likely kill off the winner. However there aren't as many as there where...

If Miria is nearby and can track down the winner at a point near death or if it's a one sided fight than track down the fleeing loser (So, assuming Priscilla doesn't successfully use her masking ability to just disappear after the fight) then I expect Miria will finish off the winner or any other ghost up to the challenge. However Miria's speed and her masked aura defiantly would give her an edge in a sneak attack on a wounded foe as you pointed out... I just hope it's enough of one to survive the encounter.
Old 2010-06-08, 20:58   Link #922
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
I know things have progressed greatly but I want 2 know. If u were Isley how would u handle Everything.

Would u hve done something different with ur army?

How would u handle a battle with the other Abyssals without the other one finishing u off?
Old 2010-06-09, 05:19   Link #923
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
I know things have progressed greatly but I want 2 know. If u were Isley how would u handle Everything.

Would u hve done something different with ur army?

How would u handle a battle with the other Abyssals without the other one finishing u off?
Obvious answer:First, I wouldn't have spend seven years in the south without doing anything.
After Luciela's defeat, I would have regained my strength and then attacked the East imediatelly, keeping Priscilla around just in case the Organization showed their face.

After Riful's death, I would have realized a massacre. I would have eaten half of the the West and half of the South. That should be enough to attract any surviving female Awakened Beings under my banner.

With a new army, I would attack The Organization with everything I've had, keeping Priscilla close to me but battling Alicia myself. After all, I wouldn't have wanted my servants to found out who really wore the pants in that relationship.

After the battle was over, I would force any surviving Claymores to Awaken and would have kept some Men in Black alive in case I needed to replenish my numbers of Awakened Beings.
Old 2010-06-09, 06:07   Link #924
evil_kenshin

In my case If I was in character of Isley pre timeskip

Immediately Destroy Riful + the asleep destroyer after recovering

Destroy the Org after that (including all half yoma on the island)

chop Priscilla's head off while she is sleeping (never know when that unstable one will turn on you)

Then set out annihilating all yoma and AB's since they are competition for food.

I'd continue eating people but at the same time never too much so there's time for them to keep a steady population.

That way i'd be the dominant force on the island with no threats to take me down.
Old 2010-06-09, 13:30   Link #925
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Obvious answer:First, I wouldn't have spend seven years in the south without doing anything.
After Luciela's defeat, I would have regained my strength and then attacked the East imediatelly, keeping Priscilla around just in case the Organization showed their face.

After Riful's death, I would have realized a massacre. I would have eaten half of the the West and half of the South. That should be enough to attract any surviving female Awakened Beings under my banner.

With a new army, I would attack The Organization with everything I've had, keeping Priscilla close to me but battling Alicia myself. After all, I wouldn't have wanted my servants to found out who really wore the pants in that relationship.

After the battle was over, I would force any surviving Claymores to Awaken and would have kept some Men in Black alive in case I needed to replenish my numbers of Awakened Beings.
...and this is why MisterJB is a "glorious beacon of light" according to what the rep bar says anyways.

Though I think he meant attack the West immediately and not the East.
Old 2010-06-09, 14:42   Link #926
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
...and this is why MisterJB is a "glorious beacon of light" according to what the rep bar says anyways.

Though I think he meant attack the West immediately and not the East.
Uh huh, glorious beacon of light indeed. Now, I've been thinking about it, but the Priscilla-Destroyer conflict seems destined to drag on longer than I think Prissy is counting on. I'll give some reasons why:

1) The Destroyer is incredibly powerful, and has already deceived Priscilla once
2) The Destroyer is the only known Awakened Being to be able to gorge upon non-sentient life

This point actually has a real-world analogy. The best I can think of is the war of attrition between Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. Nazi Germany had almost all of the advantages at the outset of that conflict. It had a better equipped army, a better military leadership (excepting at the very top), and a far better air force. Like their historical counterparts, Priscilla and the Destroyer started out fighting each other via proxy war (ex. the Hellcats) just like Nazi Germany successfully beat the Republicans in Spain who were allied to the Soviets.

Round 1 went to both Prissy and Nazi Germany

Round 2 seems to have been both Prissy's initial attack on the Destroyer and Nazi Germany's initial attack upon the USSR. Priscilla annihilated the Destroyer's initial form only to discover that in fact it wasn't the true core of the creature's essence. Nazi Germany mounted what seemed a hugely successful initial summer/fall offensive against the Soviets in a similar fashion, wiping out via death or capture 2 million men out of the 4 million man Red Army.

On first glance both the USSR and the Destroyer seem like they would surely lose. Besides losing half its army, the USSR lost regions that provided the vast majority of its food, the vast majority of its steel, and a large chunk of their population. The Destroyer similarly seems to have lost a great deal to Priscilla's initial attack.

It's what comes after this moment that may change Priscilla's opinion that she is unbeatable. What came after the initial German attack in 1941 was a furious winter offensive by the Soviets, which halted and even pushed back the Nazi advance. The Soviets began rebuilding their Red Army almost immediately, building up reserves and moving production eastwards. Eventually they beat the Nazis on the strength of their mass resources and their enormous capacity for war.

Will the Destroyer be able to rebuild itself faster than Prissy can take it down? If it can, and also inflict some damage in the interim, expect to see a horrific war of attrition. Given the Destroyer's ability to gorge upon all life, that's not a war I'd necessarily bet on Priscilla winning

3) Priscilla does not have limitless reserves of energy

Shocking as it may be for Shiek to hear, it needs to be said. Priscilla seems to be at full strength now, having devoured parts of 2 Abyssal One-level people. But that Destroyer is a persistent thing, and has hit Priscilla with numerous bits that on occasion demand Prissy tap her energy reserves to heal. The question is how long can Prissy keep it up versus the Destroyer being able to.

4) The Destroyer is smarter than we give it credit for

Producing a fake doll for Prissy to destroy seems to suggest that either this thing actively thought that out, or Rafaela's last wish is all the Destroyer knew how to do. I humbly suggest, given the incredible development of the Destroyer now moving parts of its main body out and devouring all nearby life, that we might have a case for at least some sentience.

------

There's a wild card in all this, and that's Claire and what happens with her. If, as I think might happen, the Destroyer melds its remains into Claire's body as Prissy destroys the rest, then we're in unprecedented territory. Think of it as a way the Destroyer might actually be able to take over a body with enough latent strength to actually take on Prissy. Of course, to hedge my bet here, there's also a strong chance that the Destroyer is merely trying to siphon energy from claire's horrifically mutilated body. So what happens next?

Well, you heard my take on most of it, so why don't some of you add your own?

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-06-09, 15:19   Link #927
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

I think I've said this before but Priss has been hit a few times by the destroyer. That will certenly affect her regenerating powers. Now that Clare has been absorbed by the destroyer Priss can't kill it ( ha kept from using the pun). If she does then she kills Clare. Its too early 2 kill Clare. So this has 2 be it, our final confrontation! I just relised something if Priss attacks the destroyer would that still suck the life out of her?

Now 2 add 2 the Isley topic... During Pieta I would've delt with the 24 warriors myself. Then I would send my entire army including Rigaldo 2 fight Riful. Then Me and Priss would head South I would fight and kill Luciela. I would let myself heal then head over 2 finish up the war with Riful. Riful should be kinda weakend by the battle with what 30 Abs including former #2 Rigaldo! Agian get healed then me and Priss head over 2 org hq. I fight Alicia myself and destroy the org hq. Hopefully most of my army would be wiped out by Riful so I wouldn't have 2 deal with them anymore! Then once all that is done, like kenshin kill priss in her sleep so noone can ever defeat me Muahahahaha!!!

Last edited by FormerAbyssalone; 2010-06-09 at 15:31.
Old 2010-06-10, 08:58   Link #928
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

heyyy its been a long time since i saw misterjb or revan post. i think we can all agree tha isley wa prety sloppy in his strategy...then again he grew to want to have a normal life so maybe it wasnt bad. haha leave it to revan to bring up germany and rusia lol. im confused thouh revan when did raciella trick priscilla i havent read june chapter yet.
Old 2010-10-17, 23:28   Link #929
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
You know, I just thought of a way to really distress the Organization's loyal claymores and possibly win the war for the ghosts. Have the ghosts inform the people of Rabona about the Organization's true purpose and accompany Rabona's army as it marches upon the Organization to demand it leave the island. Sure there could be terrible carnage, but if the claymores are confronted by humans and not just other claymores trying to bring down the Organization (which supposedly protects humans), what do they do?

I would imagine a number might refuse orders to attack the humans. If they didn't the Organization might be forced to resort to Abyss Feeders, Yoma, and possibly ABs (if they have any left). Of course by doing this they'd blow the cover right off their experiment. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's high time the ghosts told the people of Rabona what they know about the Organization considering Rabona was almost destroyed.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
Old 2010-10-18, 08:05   Link #930
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
You know, I just thought of a way to really distress the Organization's loyal claymores and possibly win the war for the ghosts. Have the ghosts inform the people of Rabona about the Organization's true purpose and accompany Rabona's army as it marches upon the Organization to demand it leave the island. Sure there could be terrible carnage, but if the claymores are confronted by humans and not just other claymores trying to bring down the Organization (which supposedly protects humans), what do they do?

I would imagine a number might refuse orders to attack the humans. If they didn't the Organization might be forced to resort to Abyss Feeders, Yoma, and possibly ABs (if they have any left). Of course by doing this they'd blow the cover right off their experiment. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's high time the ghosts told the people of Rabona what they know about the Organization considering Rabona was almost destroyed.
I'm been thinking about that forever now Revan

I've long sinced thought that Miria would start to send out "propaganda" about the Organization; revealing the truth which would slowly, but accelerating, begin to splinter the fillers.

I thought that Raciella, Renee, and Priscilla would be the first few new members of the Ghosts; with the rest of the fillers begin to rebel en masse (1/2 to 3/4 would rebel; their would be a few straggling supporters but they would be an small minimum). Humans at the same time, would form mobs and begin pounding on the Organization's door; the supporters, powerless to do anything as the rules say they cannot do anything.

And anyone who dares to attack human beings, are shown for who they really are; such events could totally put the Organization in 'check' (as in Chess).

Now of course, things have happened that have completely gone against what I used to think; nevertheless, barring the specifically named people, the possibility still exists. The question is, How and When now.
Old 2010-10-18, 11:41   Link #931
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Wait how could Priscilla and Raciella join the ghosts, they're awakend beings after all!!
Old 2010-10-18, 13:45   Link #932
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Wait how could Priscilla and Raciella join the ghosts, they're awakend beings after all!!
FMA, did you read what I posted? I originally came up with this theory ages ago;

Way back when, I was dead-sure Raciella would follow Claire and be in human form; as for Priscilla, I predicted she would regress in a half-awakened state and join the Ghosts for reasons concerning Raki.
Old 2010-10-18, 18:25   Link #933
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
FMA, did you read what I posted? I originally came up with this theory ages ago;

Way back when, I was dead-sure Raciella would follow Claire and be in human form; as for Priscilla, I predicted she would regress in a half-awakened state and join the Ghosts for reasons concerning Raki.
Those were the days...back when we thought Miria wouldn't go haring off alone to attack the Organization and get killed when she was yoki manipulated into delusion. How I miss that old Miria...the one before Yagi had her slash down Tabitha.

Old 2010-10-18, 19:31   Link #934
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Those were the days...back when we thought Miria wouldn't go haring off alone to attack the Organization and get killed when she was yoki manipulated into delusion. How I miss that old Miria...the one before Yagi had her slash down Tabitha.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=254

Remember this Revan? you liked it alot

Things have went totally different then how I predicted; in a way, I actually prefer my theory over canon
Old 2010-10-18, 20:55   Link #935
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=254

Remember this Revan? you liked it alot

Things have went totally different then how I predicted; in a way, I actually prefer my theory over canon
Has anyone here actually predicted something that later became true in the later chapters?
Old 2010-10-18, 22:01   Link #936
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Has anyone here actually predicted something that later became true in the later chapters?
JB did. He made the claim that Miria would head east and hit the Organization when Alicia and Beth headed west to attack Riful. That prediction he absolutely nailed...unfortunately. I believe he cursed Yagi out for Miria's end thus: "F--- you Yagi, f--- you!" JB may be feeling some guilt for making that prediction, but then again, he probably blames Yagi and not himself.

BTW Shiek, looking back on those predictions I made that you responded to, I have to say I did pretty well. A pretty big disaster did indeed befall the Organization: Alicia and Beth got killed by Priscilla.

Old 2010-10-19, 07:36   Link #937
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Their have been people who's predictions have been correct; more often then not though, at least mine, the story went off in a completely different direction.

For example, everyone, including myself, was dead-sure Alicia would join with Riful and that didn't happen.
Old 2010-10-30, 19:03   Link #938
ChildrenOfTheMind

hmm do you think the manga will ever turn towards the problem on the main land?
Old 2010-10-30, 23:35   Link #939
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenOfTheMind View Post
hmm do you think the manga will ever turn towards the problem on the main land?
If Yagi wants to still be writing "Claymore" twenty years from now like Berserk's author he will. At least he will if he wants to do that part adequately. Rushing the mainland side of things is not a generally great idea.

Old 2010-10-31, 11:14   Link #940
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
If Yagi wants to still be writing "Claymore" twenty years from now like Berserk's author he will. At least he will if he wants to do that part adequately. Rushing the mainland side of things is not a generally great idea.
Even if Yagi takes it 2 the mainland Claymore won't last that long! Miura tends 2 take breaks a lot, Yagi has taken like what one break so far with claymore?
Closed Thread