AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-11, 16:33   Link #621
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd be more amazed if this story avoids the cliche "ugly nerdy girl is actually a beauty when she takes off her glasses".
I agree, though I'm pretty sure she'll be revealed to be some super hot babe or something lawl. It was the first thing I thought when I saw her, and throughout the whole episode, I was trying to guess whether or not she would take off her glasses to reveal a super babe lol
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 16:35   Link #622
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I agree, though I'm pretty sure she'll be revealed to be some super hot babe or something lawl. It was the first thing I thought when I saw her, and throughout the whole episode, I was trying to guess whether or not she would take off her glasses to reveal a super babe lol
Animes usually go that route when a character like Saori with glasses looks like that (Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club is another example)
Old 2010-10-11, 17:31   Link #623
sikvod00

Quote:
I'd be more amazed if this story avoids the cliche "ugly nerdy girl is actually a beauty when she takes off her glasses".
God dammit. You just jinxed it now. I was thinking the same exact thing the moment she appeared, and now your comment just makes me suspicious. I hope you're happy.
What's funny is that she's not even what I'd classify as "anime ugly"...kinda cute, and her friendly mannerisms add to the appeal.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 17:50   Link #624
Random Wanderer

Now I shall theorize that she's actually a five-year-old using prosthetics and other tricks to disguise herself as a tall, gangly girl.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 17:54   Link #625
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

Kyousuke actually has the same suspicion upon seeing her up close, I don't know why the anime decided to leave this out.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 18:34   Link #626
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Kyousuke actually has the same suspicion upon seeing her up close, I don't know why the anime decided to leave this out.
It would probably lead the fanbase to think that its 100% positive. So they wanted to keep it a secret for now maybe
Old 2010-10-11, 18:46   Link #627
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
I think Saori is already a hot babe. She's tall, well-developed, articulate and outgoing. Perfect model material. And she can only get better.
Old 2010-10-11, 19:05   Link #628
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
I think Saori is already a hot babe. She's tall, well-developed, articulate and outgoing. Perfect model material. And she can only get better.
I hope said hot babe is actually a model and proves to be an important part of the story, seeing how Kirino does modeling and all.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 19:07   Link #629
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
I hope said hot babe is actually a model and proves to be an important part of the story, seeing how Kirino does modeling and all.
That could lead to some interesting development if Saori actually was a model (at the same time as being an Otaku) then Kirino can get advice from her
Old 2010-10-11, 19:31   Link #630
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I think you'll find you can't just claim every character.
Kirino is already mine and I am willing to start a waifu war with anyone to covets her!

I think Saori makes a pretty good ugly duckling type of girl - she may be even prettier than she looks. And now that Kuroneko and Kirino have met, I think Saori can be a potential catalyst for the two younger girls' hot yuri relationship heart-to-heart companionship.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 20:02   Link #631
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Kirino is already mine and I am willing to start a waifu war with anyone to covets her!

I think Saori makes a pretty good ugly duckling type of girl - she may be even prettier than she looks. And now that Kuroneko and Kirino have met, I think Saori can be a potential catalyst for the two younger girls' hot yuri relationship heart-to-heart companionship.
AZUSA WILL HURT YOU BIG TIME......

aside from that.... i wonder how the brother will react if he sees saori in CASUAL gear....
Old 2010-10-11, 20:08   Link #632
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
aside from that.... i wonder how the brother will react if he sees saori in CASUAL gear....
Probably describes the 3rd episode title ""My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute""
Old 2010-10-11, 20:16   Link #633
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Forgot to comment I could kind of relate to Kirino at the meet up, since when I first when to anime group here it was a bit hard for me to start to talking to people at it.

This image might of interest to some people as I liked it since it's a cute one Kirino and one cute Kirino and Ayase [I think that's her, though might be or Kuroneko I am not sure] and thought would share:
Spoiler for Drama CD Cover:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 20:17   Link #634
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
This nails it. You can't really call Saori an ugly duckling because even in her retro otaku outfit you can clearly see a lot of her attractive qualities.

Also, isn't that her "alternate form" in the relationship chart?
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 20:19   Link #635
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Also, isn't that her "alternate form" in the relationship chart?
*looks at Drama CD Cover* *Looks back at message* *repeats routine 10 times*

!!!!!!!! It could be
Old 2010-10-11, 20:20   Link #636
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol anyone noticed the mail address

Saori a hot babe already ? I wish no .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 20:21   Link #637
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
What I'd like to see is Kyousuke have a slightly surprised look on his face and then sort himself out and then say

ahhh if only
Old 2010-10-11, 21:04   Link #638
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was really good, on a good many levels. For starters, the argument between Kirino and Kuroneko was just a thing of beauty - hilarious based just on the situation, but sublime because every line of dialogue was spot-on. I also loved the way the episode looked at the otaku factor - otaku humor is easy to do in anime (duh) but hard to do really well. There's no glossing over the fact that otaku aren't the cool kids - they get picked on on sometimes look rather silly. But the episode also celebrates having something you're passionate about. And Kyousuke is such a good brother that he not only encourages Kirino to pursue a hobby he doesn't understand without judging her, he comes along to the tea party to make sure she's OK.

I also loved seeing Animate! and ToranoAna depicted so perfectly - having just visited Akiba in May, that was pretty cool. Between that and Asobi no Ikuyo!'s hilarious visit to Nakano Broadway, it's been a good anime year for the otaku tourist...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 21:08   Link #639
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Kyousuke is such a good brother that he not only encourages Kirino to pursue a hobby he doesn't understand without judging her, he comes along to the tea party to make sure she's OK.
Well he was brought along with Kirino because she would feel really lonely if she went to the tea party and it was his idea so he had to do it, but if that wasn't applied. I'm sure Kyousuke would still go either way
Old 2010-10-11, 21:09   Link #640
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Let the war begin.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Saori is hot. She is tall, has well developed body. It'd be a waste potential to avoid making her a hot babe.

Seeing how she's also an outgoing type, I'm betting she maybe an oujo-sama. Can't resist myself, really .

Tags
comedy, shounen