AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-06, 13:05   Link #2801
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Been curious, does Kadokawa/ASCII determine the cours in a season, too?

But yeah. If they plan to "finish" DRRR then they're not against splitting. I'd be OK with it. Interesting strategy, but I guess its a lot more feasible than straight 30+ episodes nowadays?
they are the one producing it and conctracting the animation studio. So they had the final word of it. So yes. With this confirmation. There is a chance of 3 cours.

2016 Index Final part I

2017 Index Final Part 2

2018 Index Final Part 3

2019 Index New Testament
Old 2014-10-06, 13:09   Link #2802
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
they are the one producing it and conctracting the animation studio. So they had the final word of it. So yes. With this confirmation. There is a chance of 3 cours.

2016 Index Final part I

2017 Index Final Part 2

2018 Index Final Part 3

2019 Index New Testament
More like:

2016 Index Final part I

2017 Index Final Part 2

2018 Index Final Part 3

Year 986045 universe X985375 New Testament
Old 2014-10-06, 13:43   Link #2803
ACertainFallenOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

2016 Index Final part I

2017 Index Final Part 2

2018 Index Final Part 3

2019 Index New Testament
That would be great! One can DREAM!
Old 2014-10-06, 13:51   Link #2804
TJR

There's Warner Bros. and other committee members to consider as well. This isn't a single company initiative, so schedules and budgets for each partner need to be aligned (and if the same creative staff is to be regrouped, their schedules have to be locked down as well).

Things like series length are decided by consensus. Kadokawa/ASCII may suggest three cours, but they can only go through with it if their investment partners are willing to do the same.
Old 2014-10-06, 13:56   Link #2805
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
There's Warner Bros. and other committee members to consider as well. This isn't a single company initiative, so schedules and budgets for each partner need to be aligned (and if the same creative staff is to be regrouped, their schedules have to be locked down as well).

Things like series length are decided by consensus. Kadokawa/ASCII may suggest three cours, but they can only go through with it if their investment partners are willing to do the same.
They have that as much say in it? Interesting. Then is it the same for deciding the studio/changing it? depends on the other members?

In a way, that is kind of problematic as it is good, I guess.
Old 2014-10-06, 14:22   Link #2806
TJR

Quote:
They have that as much say in it? Interesting. Then is it the same for deciding the studio/changing it? depends on the other members?
A company can't insist that its partners spend more than they want. Well, I suppose they can, but the others would simply bail from the project.

Studio selection is decided by committee, but I'm not certain about the conditions for a change to happen. I suppose that there may be more complications if a studio happens to be a committee member, plus producers often have close relationships with studio heads. Hence, it takes a very good reason (such as financial trouble or a studio turning them down by choice) to kick someone off a show.
Old 2014-10-06, 14:31   Link #2807
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
A company can't insist that its partners spend more than they want. Well, I suppose they can, but the others would simply bail from the project.

Studio selection is decided by committee, but I'm not certain about the conditions for a change to happen. I suppose that there may be more complications if a studio happens to be a committee member, plus producers often have close relationships with studio heads. Hence, it takes a very good reason (such as financial trouble or a studio turning them down by choice) to kick someone off a show.
Finances... completely forgot about that.

I see. I asked because DRRR!!x2 studio changed from Brains Base to Shuka.
Old 2014-10-06, 15:09   Link #2808
TJR

The Shuka split is certainly mysterious. The only apparent fact is that Aniplex's producer has a close relationship with the production producer of Durarara, so they changed studio arrangements when the latter started a new studio.

If anything, the risk of this happening is why many studio heads keep employees away from the business side of things. The idea is that even if everyone quits, he or she still retains the strongest connections with clients and directors/writers.

The strange thing about Brains Base is that the president seemed to stay in the background, while the production producer was often the public face at fan events (and was likely the main contact with Takahiro Omori, if interviews are an indication). In that regard, I'm not surprised that the business went away along with the employee.
Old 2014-10-06, 16:18   Link #2809
Callum18
Fukou da

Quote:
I liked DRRR!!'s 10th anniversary. We got a season 2. Simple. Why not here, ASCII!?

Well, if you're interested in what Miki said at the stage event and supposedly in the stream...
At the end of the stage event he said:
『とある』の3期じゃなくてごめんなさい。『ヘヴィーオブジェクト』もおもしろいから応援よろしくお願いし ます!」
"I'm sorry it's not Season 3, but Heavy Object is also interesting. Please look forward to it!" <- Something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, still learning.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/938/938201/

Then on the Dengeki stream after:

「禁書・鎌池和馬10大発表も無事終わりましたが、今後もでかい発表があります」

左、3期の話全くしてないとき
右、三木さん「来年の…来年はムリカナ…? 頑張ります!!」
https://twitter.com/yarare_kanrinin/...84145292021760
https://twitter.com/FreeUnknowngod/s...87143367933952

Up to your interpretation though yeah he was addressing Index fans.
Yup, Miki is feeling guilty.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Old 2014-10-06, 17:11   Link #2810
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
The Shuka split is certainly mysterious. The only apparent fact is that Aniplex's producer has a close relationship with the production producer of Durarara, so they changed studio arrangements when the latter started a new studio.

If anything, the risk of this happening is why many studio heads keep employees away from the business side of things. The idea is that even if everyone quits, he or she still retains the strongest connections with clients and directors/writers.

The strange thing about Brains Base is that the president seemed to stay in the background, while the production producer was often the public face at fan events (and was likely the main contact with Takahiro Omori, if interviews are an indication). In that regard, I'm not surprised that the business went away along with the employee.
Oh so that's quite a special case since the Producer is an ex-Brains Base employee. Thanks.

In the end, with everything that's said... they'd eventually want to promote NT. ie. That is the aim with DRRRx2 among other factors.
Old 2014-10-06, 18:48   Link #2811
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Oh so that's quite a special case since the Producer is an ex-Brains Base employee. Thanks.

In the end, with everything that's said... they'd eventually want to promote NT. ie. That is the aim with DRRRx2 among other factors.
Yep. They want to promote NT. That's why they did the trailer which was pretty awesome IMO. As long as this series has clout, season 3 can still happen. It'll just take a while.
Old 2014-10-09, 13:05   Link #2812
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay, this general discussion thread is now closed. If there is a specific announcement about a future Index anime, we'll create specific to that announcement. I also want to note that some of the recent ~100 pages may end up being split into a separate thread as well.

If you want to join a community of fans of this franchise and the author, please check out the social group.

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen