AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-06-06, 15:27   Link #1221
Blaine

Most people seem think the second stature is madara, i'm not sure.
Old 2007-06-06, 17:27   Link #1222
monster

What's the nature of Rock Lee's "handicap"? Is it just a matter of practice (ie he can eventually learn to use jutsu)? Because obviously he can mold chakra, so why can't he just take it a step further through training? He's still young after all, so he has time, I think.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 11:11   Link #1223
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
What's the nature of Rock Lee's "handicap"? Is it just a matter of practice (ie he can eventually learn to use jutsu)? Because obviously he can mold chakra, so why can't he just take it a step further through training? He's still young after all, so he has time, I think.
I think the big issue was that Lee plain did not have any talent or affinity for genjutsu or ninjutsu. Perhaps he could eventually use the two in time, but I doubt it. It might even be a physical handicap, but to be honest, Im not completely sure myself. I recall either neither the show nor the manga specifically stating the exact reason behind his anability to use them, aside from the fact that he just can't do them (which is why Gai took him under his wing in the first place).

My guess is that he just has no natural talent for either of the too. It's too bad, because given how smart he is, he would be quite formidable if he could learn them later on. However, I think it would take a lot of the lustre out of his character.
Old 2007-06-07, 13:44   Link #1224
othafa

Rock Lee, smart!?!? Have we been reading the same comic? The impression I got from Lee is that he's incredibly stupid... Not that I don't love his character; on the contrary, hes my second favorite, but he seems really really dumb to me. All he does is hit stuff, and if that doesn't work, he runs faster and hits harder. Sure, hes good at analyzing attacks (or analysing if you're from across the pond) but he rarely changes his own tactics and he never ever thinks more than one move ahead. Compare that to the legitimately clever characters like Naruto, Kakashi, and Shikamaru, who have been shown to think at least 3 moves ahead all the time...

Also,
Quote:
My guess is that he just has no natural talent for either of the too(sic).
actually, he has no natural talent for any of the three...its all about the hard work.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 14:39   Link #1225
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Rock Lee in the databooks had a 1.5 in intelligence/cunning. So he is well below average and I doubt he improved much over the TJ in that department. He ranks just ahead of Naruto, Kiba, and Chouji. He seems to have a much better grasp of things than Naruto, but lacks the latter's ingenuity when it comes to fighting.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 18:10   Link #1226
othafa

I hate the databooks. Naruto is unbelievably smart...he just doesn't listen or pay attention very well. The only things that he's ever learned are things that hes learned for himself, either by noticing something that someone else does on his own, by thinking it up originally on the spot, or by experiencing it practically (like the way Jiraiya walked him through the rasengan training,
Spoiler:

But yea, some people just only learn practically. I know I have difficulty fully grasping a concept unless I've put it to practice...I'm not incapable of learning without it but some people are. However, whenever he learns something, he always comes up with innovative ways to put it to practical application...and thats the sign of a truly brilliant mind.
Old 2007-06-08, 13:15   Link #1227
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
Rock Lee, smart!?!? Have we been reading the same comic?
Possibly, we don't!
Quote:
Compare that to the legitimately clever characters like Naruto,..., who have been shown to think at least 3 moves ahead all the time...
Now, I am quite sure, we don't...
Quote:
actually, he has no natural talent for any of the three...its all about the hard work.
And the so-called talented others, such as Neji and Sasuke, didn't work that hard???
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 14:24   Link #1228
othafa

No, they didn't... Sasuke learned in less than a month what took Lee years to master. Neji was able to defeat Lee for years despite the fact that Lee trained two or more times as much as Neji.

Plus, it was stated that Lee has no natural talent for any aspect of being a ninja in the flashbacks that surrounded his fight against Gaara.

Also, I'm amazed that you haven't picked up on the fact that a trickster is just a very clever person who likes to use unconventional and surprising tactics. However, if its your opinion that Naruto isn't clever, you're entitled to it.
Old 2007-06-08, 14:40   Link #1229
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
No, they didn't... Sasuke learned in less than a month what took Lee years to master. Neji was able to defeat Lee for years despite the fact that Lee trained two or more times as much as Neji.

Plus, it was stated that Lee has no natural talent for any aspect of being a ninja in the flashbacks that surrounded his fight against Gaara.

Also, I'm amazed that you haven't picked up on the fact that a trickster is just a very clever person who likes to use unconventional and surprising tactics. However, if its your opinion that Naruto isn't clever, you're entitled to it.
Lee started working hard the right way only lately. Neji and Sasuke, because of their bloodlines and families, were able to work the right way for a long time, much longer than Lee. In other words, Sasuke and Neji maybe worked a lot more than Lee, if you take into account those long years. And, using that trained body of his and Sharingan to imitate the muscles, in addition to being able to use other ninja skills as well, to achieve what Lee achieved shouldn't be considered as a miracle.

Again, Lee is more intelligent than Naruto. If you still consider the opposite, and you are satisfied with that, then, good luck with your assumptions.
Old 2007-06-11, 12:36   Link #1230
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I think the big issue was that Lee plain did not have any talent or affinity for genjutsu or ninjutsu. Perhaps he could eventually use the two in time, but I doubt it. It might even be a physical handicap, but to be honest, Im not completely sure myself. I recall either neither the show nor the manga specifically stating the exact reason behind his anability to use them, aside from the fact that he just can't do them (which is why Gai took him under his wing in the first place).

My guess is that he just has no natural talent for either of the too. It's too bad, because given how smart he is, he would be quite formidable if he could learn them later on. However, I think it would take a lot of the lustre out of his character.

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-06-11 at 14:34. Reason: Do not forget spoiler tag
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 18:31   Link #1231
naruto89

Spoiler for kakashi:
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 18:43   Link #1232
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
Spoiler for kakashi:
Spoiler:
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 20:48   Link #1233
Ryuujin

Spoiler:

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 23:23   Link #1234
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Spoiler for kakashi:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-12, 15:17   Link #1235
naruto89

Spoiler for naruto's identity:
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 17:21   Link #1236
Icecolduchiha

From what iv'e heard in the series that second statue was an uchiha. Kakashi explains a little when he pick up naruto after the fight there, Plus he really looks like sasuke, if sasuke was old and his hair had the opportunity to grow he would look exactly like him.

Quote:
Spoiler for naruto's identity:
Spoiler for naruto:

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-06-14 at 04:13. Reason: do not double post
Icecolduchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 02:43   Link #1237
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

is it possible for itachi to have a cursed seal also? just want to see the similarities between sasuke and itachi when it comes their relationship with oro...
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 21:14   Link #1238
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungTaisa View Post
is it possible for itachi to have a cursed seal also? .
Anything is possible. You know why? Because Oro-sama can stretch his tongue. Next question.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 21:21   Link #1239
BlackShinobi07

If Itachi had a summon, what animal would it be?
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 21:33   Link #1240
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
If Itachi had a summon, what animal would it be?
A weasel!! cause that’s what he/his name is~ Hahaha XD. No , in all seriousness, since Itachi's ring is like scarlet/crimson/bloody. I would say a scarlet spider, or a crow maybe, because of the symbolism.

Tags
q&a