AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-11-22, 14:35   Link #941
Shadow5YA

Good skills (even accessible early on) that would be missed would be something like Blasst or Ekseed, gained from having 3-4 stacks of the same skill.

Not that it matters at this point, but I was just saying you had nothing worth resetting over
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 17:02   Link #942
GDB

Unfortunately, her head piece did have Ekseed. So even though I got it back, no one can use it.

Also, I'm starting to get rather irritated at the Rose worshiping that's been going in these skits and cutscenes. And she hasn't even been in my party that long.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 17:13   Link #943
Shadow5YA

They mention being "pure of heart" a couple of times, but that's just a fairy tale Gramps told Sorey to glorify his resonance ability to see Seraphim.

What it really comes down to is that Sorey was raised under a Seraph's blessing from a very young age, similar to how Rose unknowingly had Dezel following her. Edna talks about it after the Dragonewt fight.

Alisha did not have such a fortunate upbringing.
Old 2015-11-22, 17:56   Link #944
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know the one thing I do like that this story addressed is that "pure of heart" can go both ways, so long as they believe themselves to be doing the right thing, a person won't be affected by the malevolent even if they commit terrible acts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also, I'm starting to get rather irritated at the Rose worshiping that's been going in these skits and cutscenes. And she hasn't even been in my party that long.
It gets tone down a bit afterwards.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 19:11   Link #945
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It gets tone down a bit afterwards.
Good to know. They've been laying it on rather thick just in that first dungeon + field + town.
Old 2015-11-22, 20:16   Link #946
Shadow5YA

It was a rather flimsy excuse to get Rose quickly acquainted to the Seraphim, since you were on enemy territory and had no human party member to help you since Alisha left.

There's a even skit in Lastonbell after Rose forms the Squire contract where she talks about how Lailah made her memorize all the "true name" stuff for the fusions at once.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2015-11-22 at 20:28.
Old 2015-11-24, 11:59   Link #947
GDB

Okay, this whole SC battle system is starting to get really annoying. I appreciate that they were trying to be more similar to Graces, but it's just awful. Just going from Pendrago to Gododjin (and collecting stuff and fighting as necessary along the way), I ended up with a base SC of like 24 by the time I reached the town. Did they think actively punishing players for getting into a battle groove was a good idea?

Also wishing there were a difficulty between Normal and Moderate. I got myself too underleveled to do Moderate, but Normal is too easy.
Old 2015-11-24, 19:09   Link #948
Shadow5YA

That's not how it works.

You start out with a base SC of 100. Each battle wears down your base SC by 1, or significantly more if you die.

You're supposed to be using the snacks you collected or made through Support Actions to replenish your base SC, or by going back to the inn to rest.

The point is to give your party members a sense of fatigue while adventuring, otherwise you would never use your food or rest at an inn at all since it's easy to heal during battle and your party members automatically come back with 1 HP outside of battle. Unlike Graces, taking breathers by resting at inns is how you get the majority of your skits. If you haven't been resting, then you have been missing out.

Also, even with a low base SC, it's not like you can't regenerate it back up to 100 during battle just by guarding. Base SC isn't a hard battle cap like it was in Graces.
Old 2015-11-24, 21:49   Link #949
GDB

I rest for skits, but otherwise I don't like to. It's just an annoyance, though dying lowering it faster does explain why stupid Rose was at 43 earlier while Sorey was still at like 93. I swear with this AI it'd sometimes be easier to just go in solo and kite with Mikleo's kamui.
Old 2015-12-05, 09:25   Link #950
GDB

After taking a week off, I started playing a bit more yesterday. The Dallahan boss (Wind Temple) was stupid difficult. Until I told the AI to just not bother and fought it by myself. It's kind of sad how much easier the game is when you don't have an AI trying to kill itself. Like against that hellion blob that neither moves nor turns. Again had to tell the AI to not bother because Rose kept standing right in front of it instead of moving to its side.

And got Zaveid and did all the available skits before stopping for the night. He's such an infinitely better character than Dezel. After like, 5 minutes I'm already liking him. Probably helps that he reminds me of Zelos.
Old 2015-12-06, 09:10   Link #951
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
After taking a week off, I started playing a bit more yesterday. The Dallahan boss (Wind Temple) was stupid difficult. Until I told the AI to just not bother and fought it by myself. It's kind of sad how much easier the game is when you don't have an AI trying to kill itself. Like against that hellion blob that neither moves nor turns. Again had to tell the AI to not bother because Rose kept standing right in front of it instead of moving to its side.

And got Zaveid and did all the available skits before stopping for the night. He's such an infinitely better character than Dezel. After like, 5 minutes I'm already liking him. Probably helps that he reminds me of Zelos.
Set the AI to run and have hidden guard battle action pretty much makes most boss easy, you just get free attack while the boss chasing the AI.
Old 2015-12-06, 14:41   Link #952
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Getting through the early part, I'm tempted to just speed through to the point Alisha leaves just to get this over with. It's like "hi you....too bad you are leaving the game soon. Thanks for stopping by" .
Old 2015-12-07, 10:08   Link #953
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Yeah, just saw the entire walkthrough on it. Kinda glad I didnt buy this game^^;;. Having Alisha leave was pretty tough to see, and no offense to Caitlin Glass, I liked her speech patterns to make Rose all cool, but she just sounded too much like a mom trying to be hip with all the youngsters^^;;.
Old 2015-12-10, 05:19   Link #954
Pen3

I actually like Rose as a character.... plus she has a nice ass. I mostly play as Rose, but if Alisha was available i would play her more because spears are cool to use. Probably why i enjoy playing the meele characters like Judith and Leia (Cheria in grace is just op on her own though). Mikleo is by far the most annoying character in Zestiria for me.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 15:14   Link #955
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
...plus she has a nice ass.
Going down the stairs in Ladylake =03....

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-14, 16:42   Link #956
Sacredus

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-12-14/bandai-namco-trademarks-tales-of-zestiria-the-x-tales-of-rays-in-europe/.96513
Quote:
Bandai Namco Entertainment filed for trademarks for "Tales of Zestiria the X" and "TALES OF THE RAYS" in Europe on Monday.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-14, 16:57   Link #957
GDB

Unless it's a sequel, they can kiss my ass with any form of Director's Cut for this game. They'd have to basically remake the entire thing to make it palpable.
Old 2015-12-14, 19:23   Link #958
Freeter
beyond

The X is for crossing out Alisha on the box
Old 2015-12-15, 03:35   Link #959
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
"Zestiria the X" is the upcoming anime.
http://toz-thex-anime.tales-ch.jp/
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-15, 05:34   Link #960
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That is going to be a spin off right? With Lailah seiyuu died (... ) it'll be hard for them to adapt the whole game to anime

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote