AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 22 30.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 42.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 16.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-25, 15:20   Link #61
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Shion should be in on this too..

Good episode, though it didn't have a Higurashi feel to it for some reason.
I am sad the series is coming to its end.
No stop reminding me! There's plenty of eps left

Well but again I guess it has to end of else Rika and friends will continue to suffer. Things looks like they're about in place.
Old 2007-11-25, 15:40   Link #62
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Only four more episodes
Old 2007-11-25, 20:45   Link #63
Pink_Freud
Rock Meets Psychology

Pretty good episode, probably one of the best of season two that I've seen so far. I guess the stage is set for the four episode run to the end. Its kind of sad to see the end of a great series approaching so fast.

- Keichii and Satoko laughing before the break
- Mion laughing after the break
- Flashbacks of murder scenes from previous episodes
- The scheme falling into place.

Dislikes
Nothin', a great episode.
Old 2007-11-25, 20:58   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If it means all the characters can finally live their lives in peace I can accept the show being over. While it'd be sad to see it end after all we've gone through. Be nice if they could add some extras down the road for just the normal life after it's all said and done. Assuming everything works out since you have to feel a bit worried. This is Higurashi after all.

Do feel like Shion should have more of a role to play. Though from the times we've seen she is rarely there with them so maybe that's just how it is. Do think she has to play a bigger role down the road. Just have to wait and see on that one.
Old 2007-11-25, 21:07   Link #65
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Shion does have a big role in the last arc but that doesn't mean she will get a lot of screen time.
Old 2007-11-25, 23:46   Link #66
iczelion74
Lost Soul

So in the final reset how far back did Hanyuu take her and Rika? It seems they went back quite aways, so did they live through several years in the final reset leading up to the current point?
Old 2007-11-25, 23:51   Link #67
MidoriHiME

I think this was the best episode so far...it was nice to see things fall into place. I'm really looking forward to the next ep!
Old 2007-11-26, 00:01   Link #68
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74 View Post
So in the final reset how far back did Hanyuu take her and Rika? It seems they went back quite aways, so did they live through several years in the final reset leading up to the current point?
It's June 13 from the game...just a day short of a week from the festival.
Old 2007-11-26, 02:38   Link #69
yangxu

Is the 1st part in the 1st episode related to this arc's ending in anyway?
I mean Rena survived and continued living till her adulthood, while everyone else's dead... which ending is that?
Old 2007-11-26, 03:05   Link #70
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I assumed it followed Tsumihoroboshi, but I could be wrong.
Old 2007-11-26, 03:57   Link #71
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I assumed it followed Tsumihoroboshi, but I could be wrong.
Indeed. That was the epilogue of Tsumihoroboshi; the only real difference in the game compared to the anime was that Oishi was at a hospital, so Akasaka and his friend had to visit Hinamizawa without him.
Old 2007-11-26, 07:47   Link #72
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Indeed. That was the epilogue of Tsumihoroboshi; the only real difference in the game compared to the anime was that Oishi was at a hospital, so Akasaka and his friend had to visit Hinamizawa without him.
And there was no Adult Rena in the game
Old 2007-11-26, 17:51   Link #73
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
It's June 13 from the game...just a day short of a week from the festival.
Yes but in the anime it seems obvious that this last reset goes back much farther.
Old 2007-11-26, 18:32   Link #74
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Yes but in the anime it seems obvious that this last reset goes back much farther.
First of all, Hanyuu's power is diminishing, so the "reset" should be less than Minagoroshi-hen's 2 weeks. Kakera Musubi isn't exclusive to Matsuribayashi-hen, espically taking into account of Rika's loss of memories of Minagoroshi-hen,
Old 2007-11-26, 20:20   Link #75
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
First of all, Hanyuu's power is diminishing, so the "reset" should be less than Minagoroshi-hen's 2 weeks.
Ah, but Hanyuu is no longer conserving her power. She spent it all on this go-around, which is why it's the last one. And possibly she got more power from Rika and Hanyuu both abandoning their despair.
Old 2007-11-26, 21:21   Link #76
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
I don't think Takano expects much opposition. Very few people know what her objective is. Seems she only focuses on Rika and eliminates the people she knows could present a problem. (Tomitake and Irie) She doesn't expect everyone to be plotting against her.
Wouldn't she be in alert because Hanyuu did go demon on her when she first visited the town, and now the demon became a girl!

Quote:
Maybe it is because the story was portraited from before they were "transported". Rika didn't remember anything afterall, and Hanyuu only "remember" after seeing Takano.
Old 2007-11-26, 21:30   Link #77
Arcwave
Filmmaker & Writer

Send a message via AIM to Arcwave Send a message via MSN to Arcwave
I sure hope that blond bitch Takano gets what she deserves! That scene in the last part of Ep. 13 pissed me off when she started executing all the main characters -Gahh! All in all, I really liked this episode. It actually made me feel a little better.

/j
Old 2007-11-26, 22:33   Link #78
BakaOnna

For a development episode, it got be really pumped for the next one. I really hope DEEN makes the last few episodes the best they can be.

It nice to see something good happening on Rika's side for a chance.
Old 2007-11-26, 23:47   Link #79
Rias

Quote:
Ah, but Hanyuu is no longer conserving her power. She spent it all on this go-around, which is why it's the last one. And possibly she got more power from Rika and Hanyuu both abandoning their despair.

It's true that Hanyuu is giving her all at this time, but there isn't anything that suggests the they went back "much further" than it was shown, which is Hanyuu's transfer into the school. Also, there were no need to go back anymore than they have to, if you consider what the true nature of "reseting" is about.

And if Hanyuu actually does get a boost from Rika + Hanyuu abandoing their despair, you would think both of them would be more positive everytime.
Old 2007-11-27, 03:32   Link #80
MarthX

Quote:
Wouldn't she be in alert because Hanyuu did go demon on her when she first visited the town, and now the demon became a girl!
That was several years ago. (earlier than 1978) It's unlikely that she remembers.
Closed Thread