Old 2008-07-10, 18:47   Link #1141
rainbow_star

Looks really fake to me. Couple things that you should worry about
1) 96.8% Positive is not good enough on ebay
2) No brand name mentioned
3) Never see red Suiginto
4) The item pic is photochopped
5) The price is way too good to be true

I bought couple fake figures on ebay before, that's really sad. Well, I learnt from mistakes. =(
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 23:04   Link #1142
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

23 dollars with 10 dollar shipping? defenitly fake
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 17:44   Link #1143
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Ok i received an item from the iffy ebay seller, this one I ordered awhile ago before I checked the ratings

anyway, I thought it was a WF special item that I wanted a few years ago

is it real or fake? you decide!

here is the box
Spoiler for Box:

and here is the figure
Spoiler for Figure:

anyway, I think I'm done with ebay unless the seller is in the NA or JP. you cant really find rare items there anymore without having to dig through tons and tons of junk.

I still have one more rozen maiden figure coming from ebay (not the one above, different seller)
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 00:33   Link #1144
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
Ok i received an item from the iffy ebay seller, this one I ordered awhile ago before I checked the ratings

here is the box
Spoiler for Box:

and here is the figure
Spoiler for Figure:

anyway, I think I'm done with ebay unless the seller is in the NA or JP. you cant really find rare items there anymore without having to dig through tons and tons of junk.

I still have one more rozen maiden figure coming from ebay (not the one above, different seller)
It's A FAKE.Saber hair is Yellow! but in that pic Saber hair is white!
Old 2008-07-15, 02:19   Link #1145
LynnieS

Quote:

is it real or fake? you decide! ...
It looks sort of real, but I can't tell 100% from your photos. The leaning yours has might be because the seller didn't keep it in too good a shape; the box's condition looks terrible. That figure's hair color is, I seem to recall, a white/pale yellow color. Are you happy with it, I guess would be the best question to ask?

Edit: There are a couple of things not quite kosher with this figure. The base is a yellow/gold translucent color, and I believe that it is supposed to be clear and thin. The hair and face seem off also.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2008-07-15 at 02:37.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 13:32   Link #1146
alamarco
Why hello there!

Just ordered my Code Geass C.C. 1/8 PVC. It's my first real figure, in that it doesn't have bendable arms/legs. I'll take pictures when it comes in, it was also my most expensive figure. It looks really good .
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 16:13   Link #1147
dfens

Potatochobit your figure is definitely fake. The entire front of the box should be black.

Also that should be a Wonder Festival 2007 LIMITED figure of Dark Saber, which is really rare and expensive. Plus the quality doesn't look so good.

Here is a guy who has one for sale I bought from him before so his stuff is legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fate-hollow-PVC-...QQcmdZViewItem
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 22:54   Link #1148
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Potatochobit your figure is definitely fake. The entire front of the box should be black.

Also that should be a Wonder Festival 2007 LIMITED figure of Dark Saber, which is really rare and expensive. Plus the quality doesn't look so good.

Here is a guy who has one for sale I bought from him before so his stuff is legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fate-hollow-PVC-...QQcmdZViewItem
Nice catch. I did some checking on Yahoo Japan's auctions site, and the regular version of this figure sold with a white-faced box. The WF figure came with the black-faced box as you pointed out. The WF figure, though, I'm not sure how popular it is; it's being offered now for 6,000 yen (with a hoped-for price of 10,000 yen), and so far without any takers.

Old 2008-07-15, 23:45   Link #1149
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yes, I know its fake
I could tell as soon as I touched the box in the mail.
a lucky charms cereal box is made with better quality cardboard than it was

sometimes I regret not buying limited edition figures, but I also hate it when they release a cheaper recast a few months later
oh, well
the good thing about figure collecting is something 'better' is always just about to come out!

I actually have a bid on one of that guys auctions!

you better not bid on my suiseiseki! j/k
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 23:48   Link #1150
greg
Anti-dub snob

Quote:
is this an official repaint release or does it look like an unauthorized version?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROZEN-MAIDEN-TRA...QQcmdZViewItem

the seller has some good deals and I ordered one item, but I'm gonna wait to see if the item is authentic before ordering more
The seller Milkycheck on eBay is definitely a bootlegger. I did a buy-it-now for a Seolla Schweitzer figure from Super Robot Taisen OG only to realize that it wasn't just some cheap figure from a UFO catcher, but that it should cost at least $30 or more. I refused to pay for it, and I cut a deal with the seller to reimburse him for the listing fees. Then I kept getting payment reminders from ebay even though the non-payment strike was lifted, so I just filtered those into the trash. But anyhow, Milkycheck is definitely a bootlegger.

toysonline2002 is a Hong Kong seller that seems to sell legit anime merchandise. I recently bought two Revoltechs from him. Excellent shipping.
Old 2008-07-17, 00:49   Link #1151
LynnieS

Quote:
sometimes I regret not buying limited edition figures, but I also hate it when they release a cheaper recast a few months later
I don't think that I've seen a recast (of a resin kit?) before. The really nice kits (or made by someone well-known like Bubba) will usually get turned into something that is mass-produced, though - either as a resin kit or a PVC figure. Bubba's "Space Yuki" resin kit is being offered now for a December(?) delivery, for example.

For PVC figures, once the stock is gone, I almost never seen one offered elsewhere outside of second-hand stores or on-line. It makes this a very expensive hobby.

Quote:
I actually have a bid on one of that guys auctions!

you better not bid on my suiseiseki! j/k
With WF and CM coming up, I'm saving my cash!

Old 2008-07-25, 13:02   Link #1152
alamarco
Why hello there!

Finally got my C.C. in! Looks awesome, such a nice figure. These PVC's are definitely better than action figures.

Also ended up getting in the rest of my FF8 collection

My camera stinks. 2 MP phone ftl
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 01:30   Link #1153
rainbow_star

Sorry, it's 100% fake
http://www.alter-web.jp/contact/info/index.html

Quote:

here is the box
Spoiler for Box:

and here is the figure
Spoiler for Figure:

rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 10:20   Link #1154
LynnieS

^Umm, Potatochobit had already mentioned that he knew that it was a fake earlier.

I have to go through the photos from WF Summer 2008 that I took today and pick out the better ones. I also need to go look for kits that I didn't get to buy, esp. this gorgeous (And big! And expensive at 20K+ yen!!) resin kit of Megu ("Bakuretsu Angel"). Overall impressions:

1. With 2 floors and multiple halls, it has gotten bigger than the one from 1.5 years ago, which was the last time I went.
2. The quality of the kits is about the same as before, but may have dropped a bit. I didn't see a table by Bubba, though, which was too bad.
3. Lots of series represented, but nothing really - that I could find - from the latest season, but to be expected. "Code Geass", "Nanoha StrikerS", "The Idolm@ster" and "To Heart 2" look to have the most, but someone came out with a small Ranka Lee ("Macross F") kit with her doing the Nyan Nyan pose. Not too good of a quality, though. The x-rated figures are a bit much, though - very, umm, visible.
4. The ships and non-figure kits don't seem to sell too well, but people should still be buying those?
5. I think that I saw Danny Choo in his Stormtrooper outfit, but the chap was too busy for me to get a word in edgewise. Oh, well.
6. The Big Sight building is hot, but the lobby area, including the dealers part, is hotter. Thousands of sweating people... Would not be fun to be in that crowd... if I wasn't one of them! How Danny Choo (if it was him) could wear that costume is beyond me.
7. Some cosplayers around, but not many in the area for photos. I wouldn't want to be outside if I was one either!

All in all, I wasn't super impressed with this event. It was just too big, IMHO, esp. with the temperature inside the building making it not fun. I think that I'll also skip Comike this summer - if it'll be like this again.

Old 2008-08-04, 13:01   Link #1155
space cowboy
cowboy of space

I saw that CC figure in an orbital manga shop in london for £5 i really really regret not picking it up T_T

I have a small figure collection of about 6 tading figures 1 huge diebuster figure and 3 pretty big robin from one piece figures, would upload photos but to damn lazy.
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 14:01   Link #1156
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Looking for some advice, please... for my Chii Maid Alice figure (this one):

She took a tumble while being moved for dusting and...

I've been waiting for something like this to happen ever since I got this figure. Even though it's suppose to be 1/7, it's larger than some of my 1/6 pieces... and heavier. So I've been concerned about that one legged stance all along. This is one that I honestly wish they would have made in 1/8.

Anyhow, as you can see by the picture there's still a good size piece sticking out of her foot. It fits in the square socket of her leg pretty snug. I'm wondering if a good adhesive might be enough to put her back together. If I had the tools I might consider drilling through her foot and leg and inserting a wire rod, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Any advice on glue/adhesive/epoxy/whatever?
Old 2008-08-05, 06:00   Link #1157
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Any advice on glue/adhesive/epoxy/whatever?
Sad for this to happen. When I had broken stuff, I used super glue, not sure whether that's the best option though. PVC cement should work as its meant to be too.

My new figures, from June to now:
Spoiler:
My figure collection album contains figures that I bought since April: http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=159
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 03:44   Link #1158
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Sad for this to happen. When I had broken stuff, I used super glue, not sure whether that's the best option though. PVC cement should work as its meant to be too.

My new figures, from June to now:
Spoiler:
My figure collection album contains figures that I bought since April: http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=159
Whoa so much Figma you buy
Old 2008-08-08, 16:51   Link #1159
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

New arrivals:

Moka - This was a totally impulsive purchase made before I even saw the anime (which was... disappointing). The long pink hair and green eyes suckered me in.

Spoiler for Moka:

Fate Testarossa from Alter - Just awesome! The "presence" this figure has amongst my collection is impressive.
Spoiler for Fate:
Old 2008-08-08, 23:52   Link #1160
Leon Rose
What?

Send a message via Yahoo to Leon Rose
Does anyone know if its possible to buy this figurine from anywhere but this site? http://www.ponmanee.com/product.deta...t=&id=1239347# Btw its Phantasmoon 1/7 figure

Last edited by Leon Rose; 2008-08-09 at 00:11.
Leon Rose is offline   Reply With Quote