AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 101 43.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 26.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 18.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.29%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-09, 16:19   Link #421
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Having experience from the beta helps as well.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 17:55   Link #422
Archmagination2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I feel that if the machine was designed to be able to produce microwaves or any harmful thing, it would be possible to detect it.
At least to my knowledge, if my DS was hacked, it could never produce microwaves to barbeque my brain.

I'm not sure how you jumped from "game designer who did this" = "safe public game under legal standards", because I'm wondering how it could have been considered safe to the public in the first place if it was able to cause such damage in the first place. Whoever decided that it was okay to sell this to the public is gonna get fried for being irresponsible.
Like you I wondered about that, but then I started thinking about it.

Remember that it was in Beta for what sounded like a few months.. it was entirely possible that Kayaba didn't add in the code that did this until it went Gold Master.

Spoiler for Not sure if this could be considered a spoiler, but its about NervGear:
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 21:36   Link #423
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... just saw ep 1 and was summarily impressed. This looks to be another solid series. I am looking forward to see what it has to offer.

Anyone else reminded of Tad Williams' Otherworld books? (No - I did not read through the rest of the thread just in case everyone and their sister has mentioned this already... gome if so!)
Old 2012-07-10, 03:56   Link #424
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

For some of you that were put off by Kiritos decision to go at it solo despite the risks. First lets all agree on the premise that SAO is already a survival game w/ death being a very distinct possibility. Now lets say Kirito decided to go w/ Kleins suggestion and took his former guild members w/ him to the next area. Now lets say something goes wrong and a/some casualties occur. Lets say Klein died for example. Could you live w/ the guilt of having a friend die on your watch because of your suggestion to venture out even if your reasons were based on prior experience and logic? And can you bear w/ the blame people would undoubtedly place on you after the death because they need a convenient outlet for their anger even if it has little to no basis?

Think about it.
Old 2012-07-10, 05:57   Link #425
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
22 pages... Da hell man. Not even Fate/Zero, Haruhi, Bakemonogatari or Madoka Magica (initially) had this much posts. I'ma invent a new term.

This series is "overtalked" about!

Was a awesome pilot nonetheless.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:20   Link #426
MartianMage

Well you have to consider that this series had a huge amount of hype already even before it aired. That is not to say the others were not hyped it's just the amount of pre-air hype cannot compare plus the fact that the genre of the show is much more mainstream so it's probably safe to say that more people watched this first episode than the other big series' first episodes.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 08:16   Link #427
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
22 pages... Da hell man. Not even Fate/Zero, Haruhi, Bakemonogatari or Madoka Magica (initially) had this much posts. I'ma invent a new term.

This series is "overtalked" about!

Was a awesome pilot nonetheless.
Is this a record in Animesuki history?

It seems that SAO (and Muv Luv) are the blockbuster animes of this season. Speaking of which, does anyone have stats for SAO for /a/ ? I remembered that there was much talk about that during Madoka Magica's run about how Madoka Magica was the most talked about on /a/s ever. Could SAO beat out Madoka Magica?

Or has the rules here changed?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 08:25   Link #428
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post

It seems that SAO (and Muv Luv) are the blockbuster animes of this season. Speaking of which, does anyone have stats for SAO for /a/ ? I remembered that there was much talk about that during Madoka Magica's run about how Madoka Magica was the most talked about on /a/s ever. Could SAO beat out Madoka Magica?

Why does it matter? From my experience, people on /a/ don't dicuss anime, but just bash it for the "lolz".

Plus, SAO is SAO, and Madoka Magica is Madoka Magica. I don't see why one has to better than the other.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 08:36   Link #429
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Why does it matter? From my experience, people on /a/ don't dicuss anime, but just bash it for the "lolz".

Plus, SAO is SAO, and Madoka Magica is Madoka Magica. I don't see why one has to better than the other.
Just wondering about traffic outside of Animesuki.

Yes, Madoka and SAO are kiwis to lemons but discussion traffic isn't about what's better than the other (else some of Noitamin A's best works would get a subforum of their own) , but about whether SAO is breaking any records, outside of the interesting fact that this very thread is larger than probably most other first episode threads in Animesuki alone.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:08   Link #430
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post

Wasn't talking about quality, but rather the sheer volume of discussion that's going on. Aquarion EVOL and Horizon had a shit-ton of discussion going on but they were in no way in the same tier as some of the more "critically acclaimed" shows for example. I'm not angry, happy nor am I calling this over-rated, under-rated or any of that jazz. I'm just genuinely surprised how much discussion is going on regarding it. I'm predicting it'll die down a lil in a few eps tho.

EDIT: Nvm, I realised you were talking to nova.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:13   Link #431
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Just finish epi 1

i have to say it a interesting start but i hope this series live up to all the hype that everyone is giving
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:36   Link #432
MartianMage

Quote:

I highly doubt SAO can beat Madoka's record as being the most discussed anime on 4ch and 2ch. Why? This is an adaptation... A lot of discussion and speculation can simply be answered by... well... checking out the LNs. So yeah... highly improbable...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 10:45   Link #433
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Since people keep continuing to ask about this I'll answer. No it's not, in fact even going back 4-5 years this was actually more the norm for a lot of popular series threads. Code Geass and Gundam 00 for example would reach this length in hours as opposed to a week and often went well beyond a thousand pages per episode, but like Aprah mentioned about /a a lot of that content was just bashing and people giving one sentence long posts that were pretty much just repetitions of the same basic idea. I don't really see why it's a competiton or what exactly needs to be "beaten" here though or what that's even supposed to mean cause frankly if anyone wanted to they could generate a fuck ton of noise in a thread just to get the post count up and it'd be of no value to anyone in a week or so.

So yeah it should come as no surprise that I'm for quality of discussion versus quantity. Anyway on a more amusing note I think this video best describes how I view the whole culture surrounding SAO this week.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-07-10 at 10:58.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 10:57   Link #434
Jerseykid

As anyone who has every played a new mmorpg on day 1 knows, the starting areas always turn into 10 people trying to kill the same snake/bunny/wolf/whatever. So it was a brilliant yet dangerous move to go on to the next area. Usually a group can do it because you will overcome the level difference so we truly know Kirito is the main hero to do it all by himself!

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2012-07-10 at 11:20.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:07   Link #435
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
As anyone who has every played a new mmorpg on day 1 knows, the starting areas always turn into 10 people trying to kill the same snake/bunny/wolf/whatever. So it was a brilliant yet dangerous move to go on to the next area. Usually a group can do it because you will overcome the level difference so we truly know Kirito is the main here to do it all by himself!
Yeah typically leaving the starting area in any MMO before bothering to gain some levels is just asking to get one shotted or overwhelmed by a MOB unless the game allows you to kite them around and outrange them somehow with an exploit. I'm curious to see how exactly Kirito plans to do that or if it will even be addressed. My bet is he finds someone or even multiple people to party up with there who had the same idea and they work together.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:23   Link #436
christinemarie
Crazy One

Remember Kirito have already advanced up to floor 8 during the beta days, so he knows where to level up solo. The best bet here is he would get a glimpse of others getting killed during his progress those who thinks moving with multiple players was a brilliant idea.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:26   Link #437
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Remember Kirito have already advanced up to floor 8 during the beta days
yea I don't know why people keep forgetting that he is way above level wise then many of the new players.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:30   Link #438
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Remember Kirito have already advanced up to floor 8 during the beta days, so he knows where to level up solo. The best bet here is he would get a glimpse of others getting killed during his progress those who thinks moving with multiple players was a brilliant idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
yea I don't know why people keep forgetting that he is way above level wise then many of the new players.
On the other hand, didn't Kirito predict that it would only take him a month to get to level 8 this time? Yet we know from the epilogue that no one has cleared the first floor in the month since the game started. Conclusion is that Kirito has not been as successful as he expected to be.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:34   Link #439
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
On the other hand, didn't Kirito predict that it would only take him a month to get to level 8 this time? Yet we know from the epilogue that no one has cleared the first floor in the month since the game started. Conclusion is that Kirito has not been as successful as he expected to be.
The fact that he now knows his life is on the line would drastically change how he plays. He was probably pretty gung ho in the Beta, but now he has to take extra care in choosing what fights to get involved with or not.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:38   Link #440
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Or he's just leveling up enough like others players to take the quest with full confidence of not dying on the try.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi, shonen