AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 16:02   Link #641
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
But Ep4 has been a notable exception. It resonates very strongly on a personal level, because I know only too well the bitter mix of jealousy and admiration that Sorata and Jin feel — those deep, depressing feelings of inadequacy that come from being around people who seem so effortlessly talented that they make you appear worthless and stupid in comparison. Those conflicted feelings of schadenfreude that arise even when you know you should be happy for a friend's success — well, that basically described the me that I was throughout most of my late adolescence and early adulthood. Hmm, scratch that: even as an increasingly stout man approaching middle age, I'm still can't say for sure that I have managed to conquer this personal demon.
I suppose no one completely conquers this "demon". But for most people, I believe, when you live long enough and experience enough disappointment, you sooner or later "learn to accept life's limitations".

Between man and woman though, it's gets considerably more complicated. Men then tend to want to feel important and useful, and when your SO outshines you so significantly, it tends to make you feel like dead-weight. I suppose the trick here is to pick a SO whose talents don't lie in the same area as yours.
Old 2012-11-01, 19:56   Link #642
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just want to express satisfaction that this show can produce discussion like this, touching on pretty deep and complicated human feelings that I don't recall being much treated in anime. Of course, carrying them forward well and bringing them to some kind of conclusion that makes sense may be difficult. But this is a first step. It's especially striking since I originally thought this was mainly a kind of moe x fanservice show, and was prepared to enjoy it on that simple basis alone.

I don't find any overdone drama here. The only thing I really object to is the stupid standard-issue anime prudery that sometimes causes the main character to scream and carry on. His deadness toward Mashiro's loveliness in that yukata was born of the fact that he had already left in his heart, and that deadened his feelings. Maybe. I'm not saying this is great drama quite yet, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 17:10   Link #643
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Looks like it's back to fun times next episode

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-02, 17:21   Link #644
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Something about sealing a promise with a melonpan to keep a secret from Nanami... I think ?

At the same time back to more epic Mashiro misleading

P.S - Jin's laugh was awesome as well

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-02 at 18:16.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 18:11   Link #645
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

YouTube
Sorata: I will give you this melon bread if you can keep a promise.
Mashiro: In order to keep our secret all I have to butcher Nanami, right?
Sorata: DENIED!
Jin: YOU’RE THE WORST!

Good god, talk about thinking extreme Mashiro.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 18:17   Link #646
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Sorata: I will give you this melon bread if you can keep a promise.
Mashiro: In order to keep our secret all I have to butcher Nanami, right?
Sorata: DENIED!
Jin: YOU’RE THE WORST!

Good god, talk about thinking extreme Mashiro.
Lol, what love triangle? Mashiro's plan is to eliminate the competition before there's even a competition
Old 2012-11-02, 18:22   Link #647
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, what love triangle? Mashiro's plan is to eliminate the competition before there's even a competition
Mashiron is pretty aggressive
Old 2012-11-02, 18:22   Link #648
Ghanw
(-_-)

See Mashiro can be smart at times but is unable to show it all the time. Mashiro elminating Nanami before the "Battle" began.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 18:38   Link #649
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah, not even Shana could be bribe to kill her rival with just a melonpan.
Old 2012-11-02, 19:35   Link #650
Blanchimont

Looks like Sentai picked up the license;
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...love-you-anime
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 19:49   Link #651
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
Looks like there's going to be a big fat 'L' on this thread now.

Sentai.... Are they good?
Old 2012-11-02, 20:12   Link #652
Midonin
Last Engage

Their premise pitches could use a little work. But everything else is fine.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 01:07   Link #653
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

YouTube
Well all things considered I think some laughs is a good thing .

Plus have to give Mashiro credit, that's clever thinking. Eliminate all rivals before they know what's happening .
Old 2012-11-03, 03:09   Link #654
TimeSkip

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
Sentai has been licensing so many shows that I'm afraid there will be no shows left for other companies. ha ha.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 05:13   Link #655
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Just caught up on this, pretty good, seems more of a drama than a light hearted comedy. Rather than having an escapist feel to it, it's actually got some male characters that are semi realistic and relatable to in their bad qualities. All of the characters seem so flawed off the bat, with problems arising for everyone in the first four eps, serious seinen ecchi romantic dramas are a rare breed lately, this show is interesting. The show is so serious that it almost feels like Josei if I may say so... whatever that means.

Although I prefer Aoyama, Mashiro was too cute that I couldn't resist watching more . I kind of feel sad for Aoyama, definitely looks like we're going to be dealing with a love triangle for a good deal of this series, but I feel like Aoyama doesn't stand a chance in regards to getting MCs attention. It's like he doesn't look at Aoyama with the slightest bit of romantic intent, now that's just pathetic of the MC... Love triangles where one person is hopeless seem to be overdone lately and always so pitiful. And I must agree, what's up with MC being a saint around naked Mashiro all the time, does the light novel do these scenes differently? Almost every ecchi anime have these kinds of scenes, I'd like to see a reaction somewhere between full blown pervert and celibate priest at least once, lol. Man, also programming is a lot harder than just picking up a bunch of books :P.

Mashiro kind of reminds me of Chii from Chobits. The whole clueless about daily living act. Japan really loves airhead blondes don't they? Well every character seems to have at least one big flaw, MCs unassertiveness, Mashiro's lack of common sense, Jins immorality, Misaki's inability to assess a situation, Aoyamas unassertiveness as well, although I think Aoyama's feelings seem to be more of an infatuation, so maybe that's why she tries so hard to keep her feelings a secret from MC, it'll be interesting to see what her reasons for liking MC are. If you're a little bit vindictive like me, you can find the whole cast unlikable. But I'm rooting for them to show more of their good sides, I'd love a truly inspiring drama, seems like the MC has a lot of room for growth as well as the rest of the cast.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 05:19   Link #656
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
And I must agree, what's up with MC being a saint around naked Mashiro all the time, does the light novel do these scenes differently? Almost every ecchi anime have these kinds of scenes, I'd like to see a reaction somewhere between full blown pervert and celibate priest at least once, lol.

Like what exactly?
Old 2012-11-03, 05:50   Link #657
tsunade666

If I see a naked girl around the first response I will do is to avert my eyes which what Sorata did then find some clothing for her. That's a natural response -_-

and what's with people jumping and wanted a perverted MC >_>
Old 2012-11-03, 07:14   Link #658
sky black swordman

^ Agreed and would like to know that as well.

sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 08:51   Link #659
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:

YouTube
I wonder if that Melonpan symbolizes something... I hope it's not about Shana (Dengeki Bunko/J.C.Staff reference) or Boobies!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 12:34   Link #660
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral
And I must agree, what's up with MC being a saint around naked Mashiro all the time, does the light novel do these scenes differently? Almost every ecchi anime have these kinds of scenes, I'd like to see a reaction somewhere between full blown pervert and celibate priest at least once, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Like what exactly?
How about a smile, an ogle, and a "would you like to put on some clothes?" Or even averting his eyes and handing her a robe -- but without the silly panic that always seems to be part of this kind of scene in anime. If she isn't upset, why should he be?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life