AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 13 [TV End] Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 24.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 22.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-29, 00:59   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 13 [TV End] Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto (Season Two), Episode 13 [TV End].

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-29 at 01:14.
Old 2013-06-29, 01:15   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

NOTE: Episode 13 is the end of the TV broadcast, but the series will be concluded with Episodes 14-16 streaming internationally (with subtitles) on 18 August at 13:00 JST.
Old 2013-06-29, 07:37   Link #3
Dr. Casey

I hope the cliffhanger isn't too painful since August 18th is exactly 50 days away. >_> If the episode ends with something like Kyosuke saying "Ayase/Kuroneko, let me tell you what damaged my relationship with Kirino all those years ago... *screen fades to black*" that will be so evil even relentless might rage.
Old 2013-06-29, 10:28   Link #4
jandkas

It isn't a bad cliffhanger but the episode is wayyyy tooooo short... 50 days..... Also this is completely all from kirino's point of view.

Last edited by jandkas; 2013-06-29 at 10:30. Reason: typo
Old 2013-06-29, 10:49   Link #5
Kakurin
大佐

Well, I'll love to have an episode from Kirino's point of view. The series is almost always told from Kyousuke's point of view, leaving Kirino in a more negative light than she really is. But, well, I'll see for myself in a couple of hours.
Old 2013-06-29, 12:59   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, this episode was basically a reflection of the whole story so far, but told from Kirino's perspective that serves to explain... well, basically everything about her: how she used to be in the past, what happened to fracture her relationship with her brother, why she treated Kyousuke initially with such disgust, why she's rivals with Manami, why she started running and started modelling, how she discovered eroge, and also Kyousuke's re-transformation over the course of the story to the way he is now -- not exactly the way he was before, but still with the same result.

If you ever wondered "what was Kirino thinking?", this episode has basically all your answers.

Coming up Next: The three-episode finale in August. (That'll also be premiered early at Otakon.)
Old 2013-06-29, 13:16   Link #7
finalfury
Incognito

The pacing was far, far better than last episode. Makes me wonder if the storyboard director is biased or if the author wrote this episode. :/ It was a decent episode to watch that alludes back to first season which was admirable. Still pretty short tho. :/
Old 2013-06-29, 13:19   Link #8
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
The pacing was far, far better than last episode. Makes me wonder if the storyboard director is biased or if the author wrote this episode. :/ It was a decent episode to watch that alludes back to first season which was admirable. Still pretty short tho. :/
Is that what you have right now the one out of episode 13? Looks hilarious, love it, can't wait to see that scene.
Old 2013-06-29, 13:19   Link #9
ExXentriK

I enjoyed the way the anime described the tsundere transition of Kirino and her first eroge experience, it actually gave a lot of complementary information about the first episodes as the episode is entirely narrated from Kirino's point of view.

Spoiler for LN comparison:
Old 2013-06-29, 13:20   Link #10
Xical
Phantom User

This a little cute episode, but I wonder if this will be enough to change the way ppl see Kirino or only will be seen like a try to redeem an un-redeemable character.
Old 2013-06-29, 13:24   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The pacing was far, far better than last episode. Makes me wonder if the storyboard director is biased or if the author wrote this episode. :/
The episode's script was written by the novel author... but I think the pacing of the last episode was by design given the way it ended. If they had dragged that out to a third episode given the resolution, that'd arguably make it even worse given how little time is left.

(In the end, the whole show could have used more episodes, but it's neither here nor there at this point.)
Old 2013-06-29, 13:29   Link #12
User68604
Disabled By Request

great episode. very nice
Old 2013-06-29, 13:30   Link #13
Thany
Unfair

Died from overcuteness, loli Kirino is just adorable. Poor girl ;_;
Old 2013-06-29, 13:37   Link #14
Kakurin
大佐

Awww, little Kirino-chan is so cute. Watching the episode right now. I like how they finally combined the Kirino and Kyousuke walking in the middle of the trees frames for the winter edition. Ah, and I cracked up at the reaction of Kirino when she saw that transformation scene.

EDIT: Manami can really troll people. "Give me back my brother" *smiles* "Da me"

Last edited by Kakurin; 2013-06-29 at 13:49.
Old 2013-06-29, 13:50   Link #15
finalfury
Incognito

Just something I noted, but is it possible that the reason Kirino dyed her hair was because of Manami and not just for her modeling job or something?
Edit: Kirino is still a barrel of laughs even with her mega tsun antics.
Old 2013-06-29, 13:54   Link #16
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Just something I noted, but is it possible that the reason Kirino dyed her hair was because of Manami and not just for her modeling job or something?
I don't know, that was as far as I know never stated nor implied. Progressing through this episode I like some of the subtleties. Like how Kirino emulates the behaviour of pre-lazy Kyousuke, like the "shut up" and the "leave it to me".
Old 2013-06-29, 13:58   Link #17
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I don't know, that was as far as I know never stated nor implied. Progressing through this episode I like some of the subtleties. Like how Kirino emulates the behaviour of pre-lazy Kyousuke, like the "shut up" and the "leave it to me".
Figured the she didn't want to have anything in common with Manami and yes, I do believe hair is included which is why I asked. I do like her mango-brown hair, which I believe is a rarity among most anime characters nowadays so I ain't going to complain about her dying it.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:13   Link #18
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Figured the she didn't want to have anything in common with Manami and yes, I do believe hair is included which is why I asked. I do like her mango-brown hair, which I believe is a rarity among most anime characters nowadays so I ain't going to complain about her dying it.
Nah, me neither. She just looks so good with that dyed hair. For a Kirino fan like me this episode was the killer in regards to Kirino cuteness. So many frames one can use as avatar or so. As for the episode itself, it was nicely done with the Kirino focus, showing how she came to be and also how she really feels. The ending was done nicely. Can't wait for the final three episodes. August 18th, still quite a long time away.

Well, in that time I'll read the LN and watch the complete anime until now again.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:14   Link #19
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Wall of text incoming. Forgive me for my inability to be concise

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

On a more positive note, Kirino discovering eroge was incredibly amusing and loli Kirino was too adorable
The plot was clear and easy to understand and gave a good explanation of how Kirino became the person she is, especially when she explains to Ayase why she tries so hard.
Same goes for Kyousuke, by the end of the episode it is clear how he has become both a peace-loving person who knows his limits, and a person with passion who will give it his best when he can.

Overall, I'm not sure how I felt this episode.
I expected it to be more heart-wrenching, but any feelings of sympathy I should have felt seem to have been negated by the fact that I already knew what was going to happen.
In some parts it may have been boring, but it gave a good character analysis of the two siblings, so I thought that was good. Even though this is a comedy, it doesn't have to be laughs all the time.

I'm more curious to know what people who only watch the anime felt.

PS: A lot of people claim that Kirino is a bitch, but you can see when she first meets Ayase that she's actually a kind and charismatic person in general.
I hope this episode has cleared up her attitude and resentment around Kyousuke.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-29 at 14:29. Reason: Added description to spoiler tag
Old 2013-06-29, 14:17   Link #20
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post
Wall of text incoming. Forgive me for my inability to be concise

Spoiler for novel spoilers/comparisons:

I'm sure that part may have been confusing to people who only watch the anime.

On a more positive note, Kirino discovering eroge was incredibly amusing and loli Kirino was too adorable
The plot was clear and easy to understand and gave a good explanation of how Kirino became the person she is, especially when she explains to Ayase why she tries so hard.
Same goes for Kyousuke, by the end of the episode it is clear how he has become both a peace-loving person who knows his limits, and a person with passion who will give it his best when he can.

Overall, I'm not sure how I felt this episode.
I expected it to be more heart-wrenching, but any feelings of sympathy I should have felt seem to have been negated by the fact that I already knew what was going to happen.
In some parts it may have been boring, but it gave a good character analysis of the two siblings, so I thought that was good. Even though this is a comedy, it doesn't have to be laughs all the time.

I'm more curious to know what people who only watch the anime felt.

PS: A lot of people claim that Kirino is a bitch, but you can see when she first meets Ayase that she's actually a kind and charismatic person in general.
I hope this episode has cleared up her attitude and resentment around Kyousuke.
Good post, see what I did there. :/
People will continue to hate Kirino until the end of time. Nothing you or I can do will stop their dislike/hatred of her.
Edit: The big guy speaks the golden words of wisdom "There's something definitely wrong with the market recently."