AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-02, 05:51   Link #221
Key Board
Carbon

Kouga being deity reincarnation is possible, but what mythological figure is known for having a dark and light side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I can see Kouga having some sort of "evil" origins. Food for thought: they were raising and training Kouga in an deserted island...protecting him from the world, or protecting the world from him in the case something went wrong? It's weird if the goal was just hiding, it's not like enemies couldn't easily find them like Mars did, after all. And they didn't even tell him anything about Athena, Seiya, Saints. Why?

Another interesting bit: the eyecatch shows white and black stones side-to-side, but the black one disappears. What could it mean?

Anyway, as shonen tropes demand, he's obviously not an average orphan.
Well.. it seems to me that there's just not enough Saints left to protect Athena, so hiding was the only option.
Especially after Seiya sacrificing himself to seal Mars.

Remember that Athena lost most of her Saints during the war with Hades
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 06:45   Link #222
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
That new version of Pegasus Fantasy has me in a binding spell of manly love.

Anyone else?

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 07:31   Link #223
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

damn great first episode

reminds me how much I loved shounen battle
Old 2012-04-02, 08:30   Link #224
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
That new version of Pegasus Fantasy has me in a binding spell of manly love.

Anyone else?
It's a duet of Shokotan and NoB. You don't get much more awesome than that.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 08:42   Link #225
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Read Percy Jackson, maybe he was born same way as Annabeth (and Athena)?
I have read it actually. It's an interesting take on the mythologies, but then again it doesn't quite fit with the Saint Seiya style. Also note that Saori is a human reincarnation of Athena, her body is still human, so splitting her head with an axe I think is sort of out of the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well.. it seems to me that there's just not enough Saints left to protect Athena, so hiding was the only option.
Considering the amount of times the Sanctuary had been filled with traitor Saints over the centuries and each time no less than either the Pope himself or other Gold Saints I wouldn't want to live in the Sanctuary either if I was Saori and instead would just take a handful of trusted companions instead.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 09:06   Link #226
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I have read it actually. It's an interesting take on the mythologies, but then again it doesn't quite fit with the Saint Seiya style. Also note that Saori is a human reincarnation of Athena, her body is still human, so splitting her head with an axe I think is sort of out of the question.
Yeah, considering Athena is half human, will it possible that her mortal desire for Seiya taken over her 'virgin goddess' nature?

Quote:
Considering the amount of times the Sanctuary had been filled with traitor Saints over the centuries and each time no less than either the Pope himself or other Gold Saints I wouldn't want to live in the Sanctuary either if I was Saori and instead would just take a handful of trusted companions instead.
I don't think all of the "evil" saints are traitor. Some (if not most) of them are merely deceived by Ares. Still, how can a truly evil people like Deathmask and Aphrodite became Saints (and Gold ones, no less)? Maybe it's Ares who appointed them.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:24   Link #227
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't think all of the "evil" saints are traitor. Some (if not most) of them are merely deceived by Ares. Still, how can a truly evil people like Deathmask and Aphrodite became Saints (and Gold ones, no less)? Maybe it's Ares who appointed them.
I guess the problem with Deathmask and Aphrodite in the original was that they worship power more so than having loyalty towards Athena, so in that sense they are kind of "evil". While not directly Kurumada they've lost a lot more credibility in the movie Legend of Crimson Youth when both Deathmask and Aphrodite sold out their soul in order to gain another life to take revenge on Shiryu and Shun. Also in Next Dimension the Pisces Gold Saint was another traitor would sold out to the Hades army and the Cancer Saint was a bit of a clown character. Hence there's a running joke amongst the fans that Kurumada hates Cancer and Pisces.

But either way in the original there were definitely a lot of Saints who were questionable in nature. You could be right that it could have been Ares (evil Saga) appointed them for their "loyalty" towards himself instead of Athena. It seems only in Lost Canvas where Teshirogi had gone for a clear split of good (Saints) vs evil (Specters) where all the "evil" saints don't really hide their evil nature and directly became Specters instead.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 10:10   Link #228
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Gold Saints obviously are unique given their status as Athena's direct guardian Saints, but becoming a Saint had always been about the strength first and morality/loyalty second.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 10:19   Link #229
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
if you include Lost Canvas, than i don't think any gold saints in Lost Canvas were traitors except Asmita, whom Tenma proved him he can stop Hades
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 11:20   Link #230
Key Board
Carbon

well.. let's just say that I wouldn't expect someone whose name is "Death Mask" to be a paragon of morality

Seriously...

The only thing more controversial is having "AthenaBane" or "DisAcoltyle"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 11:46   Link #231
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved the first episode so much. It brought back all sorts of great memories. It was so good to hear Seiya voiced by Furuya again. A shame they didn't bring back Saori's original voice actress as well. And... wait a minute, Saori is voiced by Shokotan!? Now that was unexpected.

I don't know what to think of Kouga. He's obviously no ordinary kid, but it's hard to tell who he might be exactly. He was a little too whiny in this episode, but he's got the potential to be a good character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
It's been way too long since I watched the originals, but Saori also was also walking around with that Pegasus cane, did she ever had anything like that before? Not sure if I want to jump on the SeiyaxSaori ship though, haha.

Either way, I'm not going to put it past them for now, at the very least.
The cane is new. She never needed one until she was wounded by Mars. She did use her Nike Staff to fight in the original though (well, not really "fight" most of the time...).
Old 2012-04-02, 12:11   Link #232
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was so good to hear Seiya voiced by Furuya again. A shame they didn't bring back Saori's original voice actress as well. And... wait a minute, Saori is voiced by Shokotan!? Now that was unexpected..
How about Koyama Mami's return? Gotta give her praise. She sounds her age, but damn does she still deliver a great performance.

I'm pretty sure Hori Yukitoshi returned to voice Tatsumi as well. Damn, what a nice surprise.
Old 2012-04-02, 13:19   Link #233
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I'm a bit happy to be a sagittarius .

Sagittarius sign wasn't really cool in Saint Seiya... Aiolos, we never really saw him, and Sisyphe of Lost Canvas was just boring.

But here, in Omega, Seiya looks really cool. I really like his fight as Sagittarius Saint!
Well I didn't like him in the original Saint Seiya, but here, he looks charismatic.

Furuya said that in the original Saint Seiya, Seiya wasn't on "top character" of people. And he said: "I want to be first in top character now".

By the way, do you think we will see other Gold Saints? Yeah Mars said that Athena wasn't protected by a gold saint, but it can mean different things.

Because I think Gold Saints are important in a way. When I was kids, everyone was saying "my sign is the best!! I am a Gemini, I'm so cool blablabla".
It would be a bit disappointed if kids can't speak about that .
Old 2012-04-02, 14:41   Link #234
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
By the way, do you think we will see other Gold Saints? Yeah Mars said that Athena wasn't protected by a gold saint, but it can mean different things.
Since the ‘12 temples’ Arc, Saint Seiya & Gold Saints are near inseparable. So yeah, I bet we’ll see more (new) Gold Saints sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
When I was kids, everyone was saying "my sign is the best!! I am a Gemini, I'm so cool blablabla".
It would be a bit disappointed if kids can't speak about that .
Well, I’m Scorpio and my saint’s weapon is .... a finger nail ? Can’t really brag about that . Oh well, I guess it’s okay. Also, Scorpio Saint’s attack is pretty sadistic since it slowly and painfully killing the opponent. No wonder Scorpio Kardia in LC was in charge of interrogation.
Old 2012-04-02, 17:08   Link #235
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Does anyone have the full song of the new Pegasus Fantasy???
I need it.......really really need it.
Overall great first episode. Really looking forward for the next ones and see what they want to do with the story.
Old 2012-04-02, 17:54   Link #236
n0m@n
C-Z

We know that Seiya is the only Gold Saint in Omega. So can we expect that there are 12 Gold Saints/cloth because they still use one of the twelve zodiac sign?
And we learn that some Silver-cloth got demoted into a bronze-cloth so I wonder if it's still 88 clothes. And I checked the OP with Seiya and other saints like Shun, Ikki, Hyouga, and Shiryuu but apart from Seiya they still looked like they were wearing their old cloth(Bronze).
Old 2012-04-02, 18:18   Link #237
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
We know that Seiya is the only Gold Saint in Omega. So can we expect that there are 12 Gold Saints/cloth because they still use one of the twelve zodiac sign?
And we learn that some Silver-cloth got demoted into a bronze-cloth so I wonder if it's still 88 clothes. And I checked the OP with Seiya and other saints like Shun, Ikki, Hyouga, and Shiryuu but apart from Seiya they still looked like they were wearing their old cloth(Bronze).
Well, for sure Shiryuu can't wear his (or at least, not for long) cause his son is getting it.

I would be pleased with an arc about finding people who may fit the role of gold saint (and thus, having old characters back)
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 18:19   Link #238
Undertaker

Like I mentioned, disregard continuity is a must for this franchise. I won't get too hang up on how previous silver cloth become bronze cloth just like how I disregard Mars for been Mars and not Ares and thing like that. I mean really, this is just another spin off that is not exactly canon.

As for 1st episode, it was pretty great, the action is nice, the design looks good, the only thing I don't like is Sagittarius's wing, and a few VA choice, but those are stuff that you'll get use to anyway.
Old 2012-04-02, 18:27   Link #239
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Like I mentioned, disregard continuity is a must for this franchise. I won't get too hang up on how previous silver cloth become bronze cloth just like how I disregard Mars for been Mars and not Ares and thing like that. I mean really, this is just another spin off that is not exactly canon.

As for 1st episode, it was pretty great, the action is nice, the design looks good, the only thing I don't like is Sagittarius's wing, and a few VA choice, but those are stuff that you'll get use to anyway.
Yeah, the VA of Kouga, on the part where he says "my cosmos, explode" was pretty weak for the moment it appeared.
Good ol times of the original Saint Seiya and hs passionate cries for his cosmos to grow into infinity.
Old 2012-04-02, 18:39   Link #240
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Well, for sure Shiryuu can't wear his (or at least, not for long) cause his son is getting it.

I would be pleased with an arc about finding people who may fit the role of gold saint (and thus, having old characters back)

Oh yeah. So we can't tell what Shiryuu will be now. I wonder if his son will carry of being blind and near death numerous times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

I see. Yeah it will be easier if I watch this is non-canon sequel. I wonder why they didnt use the real VA for Athena though. Seiya and Shaina got their old VA back.

Tags
action, shounen