2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-29, 05:54   Link #201
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The really pulled all the stops for the ending, with Mikasa and Levi getting in their best poses, and hints of what Annie is. I hope her coma is not an excuse for "lol we won't tell anything".
I believe that's basically what already happened .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 06:07   Link #202
Kakurin
大佐

After reading the manga I only can say that I absolutely hate the changes they made in the last three episodes. Really ruined the story in that part. What the heck for example was the part of Eren going crazy again, or Levi suddenly appearing?
Old 2013-09-29, 06:19   Link #203
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not really. She isn't much changed from the manga.

Eren's the one who lost firsst his will to fight and then his self-control.

And Nile, of all people, got an upgrade.
The being scared of eren and screaming in pain is what made her different to me.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 06:47   Link #204
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I shall buy all the figures and manga and support them for a season 2!

From the looks of MAL and Attack On Titan being ranked 8th overall in the top anime list, I can only assume the majority enjoyed the anime, with or without the changes from the last few episodes (Although I see quite a few reviews with 5 or less out of 10, I can only go with what I think and say that people who have negative thoughts are more likely to speak out than those who don't)

With the changes they made, I honestly think that they can stick to the manga without any problems. It shouldn't be too hard to avoid the swerve they created with the titan in the wall at the end. The hole is still there, someone will eventually see it and report it which will lead straight back to the missing manga scenes.

Loved the anime overall, my Saturdays are going to feel empty now but i'm sure i'll eventually read the manga.
Old 2013-09-29, 07:23   Link #205
kitten320

Don't put too much trust into rank right now, give it a week or so since there is a massive flow of marks, MAL does not update it right away.
Old 2013-09-29, 08:04   Link #206
Chomiq

The story (2 pages) in this episode was great. I wish he wrote more stories like this one and sell books instead of manga . I just love those adds here same like in death note. I really would buy a book snk.
Manga readers spoiled the meaning of the ending and i hoped i will know it in s2.
Chomiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:25   Link #207
kitten320

We didn't really spoil anything, anime team just didn't make it clear enough.
In manga everyone knew there is a titans inside the wall from the first panel. There was no debate on this topic.

Anime team failed to convey it.
Old 2013-09-29, 08:30   Link #208
richardtengcy

My thoughts on Aot/Snk

Best Episode: Episode 21

Best Overall Character: Erwin Taichou

Best Female Character: Mikasa Ackerman

Best Male Character: Levi Heichou

Best Character Quotes: "If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win!" — Eren Yaeger

Most memorable scene: Episode 13, Eren plugging the wall hole

Best Music Track: 紅蓮の弓矢, Guren no Yumiya

Overall Series Impression Scores: 9.5 / 10

Last edited by richardtengcy; 2013-09-29 at 08:58.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:42   Link #209
Zeydra
A random passerby

As good a ending to an incomplete story as we were going to get. That sums up my feelings about the episode in general. I'm not particularly fussed over the liberties taken over the last two episodes because I don't feel it's going to take all that much to get the anime back on track, and from a series perspective they needed to have some sort of final showdown to bring anime only viewers a sense of satisfaction and closure. And as far as this anime only viewer is concerned the ending did just that.

Overall a nine out of ten, and it only gets the one point knocked off because of the cliffhanger not being as obvious as it should have been. It says at a nine because I still got its meaning fairly quickly.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:56   Link #210
vharxin

Changes in the last eps was to be expected. But I agree the changes really hurt the plot and character developments. It could be much worse though, at least they didn't go for "original end" path.

Also, inb4 the last eps script was approved by Isayama and berserk Eren is actually what he wanted to include in the manga
vharxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 08:57   Link #211
kitten320

^For real? 0_o

Isayama is literally destroying his own characters and plot, what the heck is he thinking?! x_x
Old 2013-09-29, 09:05   Link #212
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's no fact. vharxin made an ironic comment regarding some people who might claim it is Isayama's doing, which is arguably not confirmed at all.
Old 2013-09-29, 09:06   Link #213
Chomiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
In manga everyone knew there is a titans inside the wall from the first panel. There was no debate on this topic.

hmm i'm not manga reader but i checked and ok... it is in the ending.

Spoiler for manga:

So Mikasa saw him first? How will they change it now, who will notice him first i wonder.
Chomiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:15   Link #214
areyoubaka

Kinda disappointed by how the handled the wall titan, considering how it was played as a shock in the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomiq View Post
I know we must wait for S2 but they should make it in like month for this anime! Its just too damn good
But if they made the next season so soon, it'll overtake the manga within 10 or so episodes.
areyoubaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:15   Link #215
Graydient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
In the anime Eren went into a berserk rage and crushed Annie's face in but in the manga Eren wasn't able to reach Annie before she started climbing the wall, nobody did...but then something I found cool happened, Eren worked together with Mikasa to take Annie down! Though we didn't directly see it, it was heavily implied that Eren picked Mikasa up and threw her up high so she could reach and take down Annie. And after Annie fell he was calm enough to hold her down while the rest of the Recon Corp worked to get her out. Eren was calm and in control the whole time...there was no BS talk about wanting to destroy the world...I mean come on...he suddenly wanted to destroy the world? What is this BS?
I actually never noticed that. Good catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I dunno...to me this episode (while I still enjoyed the fighting) was just the final proof in proving why the manga beats the anime when it comes to the actual development of the plot. The manga didn't need a flashy and epic berserk titan fighting to keep it entertaining, it kept everything on a smaller scale than the anime but still managed to hold your attention and show character evolution. What's Anime Eren? Just an emotional berserker that only achieves anything through losing himself to the titan side...where's the development in that?

And two other things...Levi just walking around and acting all fine and dandy was retarded..just another excuse by the anime team to put a fan favorite into a scene eventhough he didn't belong there.
The fact that they left the titan in the wall reveal for the last second, happening hours after the battle is so very stupid...it was just a "Hey, we need a cool way to end the season....................fuck it, let's just do the reveal at the end." I hope they recon it, though I hate retconing >_>
Even though I agree with the manga making more sense, it's important to consider the circumstances around the anime adaptation.

Unlike the manga, which runs monthly and nonstop, the anime is released as weekly episodes grouped into season(s). Manga arcs can last however long they want to, and also can have ambiguous starts and finishes. With the use of episodes, things like buildup, foreshadowing, cliffhangers, and climaxes become a lot more prominent. Ending this season with what the original manga had may have made more sense, but it would leave a lot less emotional impact given the buildup of the season.

I understand the comparisons of course, and I do think they're legitimate complaints. Not to dissuade the comparisons, but getting all up in arms about it though comes off as petty.

I enjoyed it, and while it may have degraded Eren to more emotional than rational, AT LEAST they threw Eren a bone. The main protagonist shouldn't win all the time, yes, but he shouldn't lose all the time either. haha

Anyways, I only read up to like page 4, so sorry if my post is redundant.
Graydient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:20   Link #216
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's no fact. vharxin made an ironic comment regarding some people who might claim it is Isayama's doing, which is arguably not confirmed at all.
That's good to hear.

I thought Isayama made another post on his blog as confirmation.
Old 2013-09-29, 09:21   Link #217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomiq View Post
So Mikasa saw him first? How will they change it now, who will notice him first i wonder.
The important thing isn't that Mikasa saw it first. It's that it happened right after the fight, in full daylight, with still plenty of Recon soldiers around to see it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:28   Link #218
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

^

Also don't expect S2 anytime soon. Not enough materials and if you consider the pace of the manga it would take years to get enough material for a S2.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:33   Link #219
LeoXiao
思想工作

Isn't the manga progressing at like one chapter a month? That means one volume every half year or so. The anime finished volume 8 from what I can gather, the and manga is at volume 11, meaning that it'll be another 2.5 years or so before there is enough material (i.e. vol. 16) for S2. This is gonna suck.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 09:48   Link #220
kitten320

Season 1 covered around 34 chapters.
So far we have 49 chapters what is 15 new chapters worth of material.

It is safe to say that we will have to wait for 1 year and a half for season 2.

That will, give 1 season worth material.

However than we will need to wait for another 3 years for season 3 =/

I would go for middle ground what is about 2,5 years as LeoXiao said.