I thought it was crap.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 14:04   Link #22
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG
I thought it was crap.
Care to expand on that thought? What made Vandread crap to you? The story? Characters? English/Japanese voice actors? The animation? GONZO? The LE cards that Pioneer was pimp'n with each DVD release?
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 22:30   Link #23
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Off topic -- nice Bart avatar.
The episode where he shaves his head was definitely a memorable one.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 23:45   Link #24
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Off topic -- nice Bart avatar.
The episode where he shaves his head was definitely a memorable one.
That was probably the saddest episode of them all.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 01:29   Link #25
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes, in fact its one of the saddest episodes in all anime. Because this episode always appear on threads like 'Which is the saddest anime moment', 'Which is the saddest anime episode'.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 02:27   Link #26
kobun

What happend to Vandread 3 stage or whatever.. I remember seeing stuff on this in newtype, it was suppes to take place in the future, with the main charcters kids or something..
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 12:17   Link #27
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

There was a Stage 3?

Old 2006-05-23, 12:20   Link #28
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Vandread 3rd stage is the follow-up sequel to Vandread 1st & 2nd stages, referencing to points treated in the first and second stages. But, don’t get too enthusiastic because there hasn’t been any news for this project since the last four years.
To say in short, the idea behind Vandread 3rd stage was started from rumors inspired by fan fiction, that were quickly stopped by knowledgeable Vandread otakus in forum discussions. However, only one of these rumors holds on to be truth, and does not correspond exactly to that of which everyone expected. Indeed, approximately four years ago, the Japanese magazine Newtype, specialized in the updating and publishing of mangas’s previews, posted images of possible Vandread 3rd stage, called “Vandread, the Eternal Voyage”.

The story takes place twenty-five years later after Vandread the Second Stage, and has Dita’s daughter (thus certainly also Hibiki’s) and surprisingly Meia’s child also (the most plausible assumption is that she had one with Hibiki too), as the leading protagonists. The child of Dita resembles her mother quite a lot in the physical aspect, and her father (Hibiki) only because she’s got the same hair mop as he did. On the other hand, Meia’s child has long, hair strands and wears a long, dark costume resembling that of a nun. One can thus suppose that she’s the hidden child of Hibiki and Meia and lives in a kind of convent. Besides, she carries her mother’s jewel, the black headpiece device. To top it all, no one knows for sure what became of both their parents and for the rest of the Nirvana’s crew. Perhaps they died, disappeared, or quite simply they still hang around there; it’s still a mystery.

The story itself changes in radical ways than the previous one, of the Nirvana against the Harvest fleet, and which seems darker, much darker than Vandread: first & second stages. Nevertheless, this project has not given any signs of life for a long time, and GONZO has not given any hint on this subject, since then. It can be that Vandread 3rd stage had been put into sleep, and then dropped off by GONZO. It was always said that this third season would have answered a great number of mysteries.

A note for everyone who liked Pyoro, the project took it again for this story, but became much older, and its body was covered almost entirely with a long white beard. It is not a joke.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 13:32   Link #29
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Wow. I don't know why, but after reading Guido's post, I *really* want to watch Vandread again!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 13:52   Link #30
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Wow that plot sounds great! Always wanted MeiaxHibiki

Im guessing if they would draw an older Hibiki and make him look cooler with better clothes and hairstyle which makes everyone on Nirvana like <3 <3

Personally I would like to see a 3rd stage made plus appearances from the old characters even if it's brief
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 15:25   Link #31
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Talking Vandread 3rd Stage pics

I knew I could find them out there in the net with just doing some brief google.

Hibita (Hibiki x Dita)

Hibeia (Hibiki x Meia)

Group Pic

I found these pics at Javier's Vandread Shrine which is one of the last surviving Vandread fan-pages that continue to wander around the internet.

According to the synopsis I read four years ago for Vandread 3rd stage, whereas the first and second stages focused on "relationship" as the serie's main theme the third stage would have focused on "family" as the new theme.

Disclaimer. All of the above images were released on the March issue of Newtype four years ago. Do NOT assume that there's going to be a new season for Vandread. It is both unofficial and a rumor.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 10:19   Link #32
Kaede-chan

Vandread a funny anime one of my favorite! A bit green though

Well I almost love any kind of funny anime
Kaede-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 10:44   Link #33
Dernhelm
High on Jin

haha, Hibiki did both Dita and Meia? it was a threesome after all.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 04:05   Link #34
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm
haha, Hibiki did both Dita and Meia? it was a threesome after all.
What? No Hibura?

Poor Jura.

Old 2006-05-29, 05:19   Link #35
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
What? No Hibura?

Poor Jura.
Hibura
that would never happen

Forbin, your sig is so true
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 04:39   Link #36
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

I like the mechas & the characters Hibiki maybe rough sometimes but I like his spirit. Dita? Although she is very obssessed with Mr. Alien , I didn't find her annoying at all. And the thing that makes me happy the most is Hibiki x Dita. I love this couple

And yes, the episode where Bart shaves his head was definitely a memorable one. I never thought I could see that part of him. That poor girl. Just remembering this episode make me feel like I want to hug someone that I love
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 13:02   Link #37
Hayou Miyazaki
Damn im out of 3 shells

Vandread

has anyone heard of Vandread: Eternal Voyage nad if its real
Hayou Miyazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 12:50   Link #38
gencbiba

I just saw the anime and it was pretty good considering my taste. The story wasn't that great because there was never any real detail in the beginning and the way everything worked right off the bat (Hibiki piloting and fighting without any trouble) was kind of foolish. However, I love anime that has the type of relationship portrayed in Vandread with the males and females(i.e., Dita and Hibiki) for some reason so anything else won't matter to me. As far as the characters, Dita was really cute and Meia was kind of hot in her own ruffian way. One thing that really made me feel weird was the type of life the women led in their home world, where the women married and led the life of a family without men. Whenever it came up, I looked away in a somewhat unkown feeling. As far as the males side, I feinted whenever I even came close to the idea of their lives, one of the main reasons being that I could never live without women and the other you can guess without my pointing it out!! The idea that women and men live seperately is repulsive....

Anyways, all's well that ends well and to us guys as long as the characters are hot we don't care much for the plot.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 14:05   Link #39
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Anyways, all's well that ends well and to us guys as long as the characters are hot we don't care much for the plot.
Speak for yourself.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 19:52   Link #40
gencbiba

Lol... I was just fooling around although you guys know that hot girls help the plot roll in a smooth fashion. When it gets boring there are always the ladies to look at... hehe

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance