Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-13, 21:59   Link #10141
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Her line fits if she went to meet him, he confessed to her and dies
Her line would also fit if she went to meet him, she saves his ass from dying, and he confesses to her. I mean, think about it. It has to take her saving his life to get the confession she's been trying to get? I'd be pretty damn pissed too.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:01   Link #10142
Vito
Asshole.

We should have a betting poll on how much screen time Kallen is going to get, lol
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:02   Link #10143
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Her line would also fit if she went to meet him, she saves his ass from dying, and he confesses to her. I mean, think about it. It has to take her saving his life to get the confession she's been trying to get? I'd be pretty damn pissed too.
And than Zero's Requiem fails and the world is plunged into chaos and all hope of reunited the nations to form a peaceful coexistence is lost all because she wanted him to live, does that seem fair?
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:02   Link #10144
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Considering that this series is supposedly going to end well for Lelouch, I can't see either him or Kallen dying.
Well since we need something to talk about 'round here..and I'm feeling like advocating for the devil a bit.

I know that Lelouch will get a satisfying ending. Now this does give points to Kallen living. Since having more of his precious things dying would hardly be satisfying for Lelouch.

But it doesn't confirm his long life.
Old 2008-09-13, 22:06   Link #10145
Xevious451
Unassuming Local Guy

Send a message via AIM to Xevious451 Send a message via MSN to Xevious451
Quote:
"I don't want to be forgiven."

Well... I think I just subconsciously joined the Kalulu ship, because for some reason unknown to me, I really want Lelouch to end up saying that.
Xevious451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:06   Link #10146
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
And than Zero's Requiem fails and the world is plunged into chaos and all hope of reunited the nations to form a peaceful coexistence is lost all because she wanted him to live, does that seem fair?
Well, I think we're hoping that if she convinces him to live, his brillant mind will be able to come up with a solution that will allow him to live. Or the plan never really needs him to die; he was just going to do it because there would be no where left for him in the new world (with him being the world's greatest tyrant and all).

If he needs to die, I doubt Kallen would be able to stop him. But he might be honest with her at the end (hence, the gum line).

Let's just wait and see.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-13, 22:09   Link #10147
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, I think we're hoping that if she convinces him to live, his brillant mind will be able to come up with a solution that will allow him to live. Or the plan never really needs him to die; he was just going to do it because there would be no where left for him in the new world (with him being the world's greatest tyrant and all).

If he needs to die, I doubt Kallen would be able to stop him. But he might be honest with her at the end (hence, the gum line).

Let's just wait and see.

youngde, signing off.
He might need to die or go somewhere far for him to seal the geass
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:12   Link #10148
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
We are talking about Kallen, Queen of the double life? Master of intrigue? Pants-wearing member of any union between her & lelouch? I'm sorry, but if she wanted Lelouch to live, he'd live the world be damned. She might just have to hide his scrawny butt somewhere so people thought he was dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj
But it doesn't confirm his long life.
While this could technically be true, I don't think the director includes his death as being part of lelouch's "satisfying ending" It would seem like splitting hairs, really.
Old 2008-09-13, 22:12   Link #10149
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
He might need to die or go somewhere far for him to seal the geass
He could gouge his eyes out!
Old 2008-09-13, 22:17   Link #10150
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
I'd like to see this as well. But it seems to happy with the direction the show is heading.

Quote:

Let's just wait and see.

youngde, signing off.
You can still have the gum line and other romantic undertones right before a tragic death. There's got to be more examples of a person forced to kill a lover. I just can't recall them.

About him gouging his eyes out. Personally I wouldn't have to much of a problem with Kallen towing around a blind Lelouch.
Old 2008-09-13, 22:17   Link #10151
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
And this brings me to my idea that he could end the series blind with someone having to care for him (A reversal on how he used to have to care for nunally). Instead of being in a position to lie & be trusted upon, he will have to trust whoever cares for him and hope they do not lie to him ^^.
Old 2008-09-13, 22:18   Link #10152
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
It is the truth. It was more ironic double suicide, etc. etc. super duper dramatic. I mean, if it was Romeo & Juliet, it would be Lelouch dieing, and then Kallen killing herself to be with him.

And I can tell you right now, if that happened, 2ch would explode. And Taniguchi would envy Hideaki Anno for the treatment he got from his fans for the series finale for evangelion. It would simply not be pretty.
I haven't seen all the series Sunrise has ever made, but all the ones I have seen have had positive endings.
Old 2008-09-13, 22:20   Link #10153
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I actually wrote a fanfic kinda like that, only he still only had Geass in one eye at the time so it wasn't quite as dramatic. Wouldn't it be ironic if at the end of the series, Lelouch is blind, but because Nunnally's Geass is cancelled (ya know, the one put on her by Charles), she can see.
Old 2008-09-13, 22:21   Link #10154
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
And this brings me to my idea that he could end the series blind with someone having to care for him (A reversal on how he used to have to care for nunally). Instead of being in a position to lie & be trusted upon, he will have to trust whoever cares for him and hope they do not lie to him ^^.
Maybe I'm looking too much into it, I don't think Lelouch would be totally helpless if blind. After a couple of years, he'd be fine once he adjusted.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:23   Link #10155
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I haven't seen all the series Sunrise has ever made, but all the ones I have seen have had positive endings.
You obviously haven't seen alot of Tomino's series then, though he has changed;
He went from this:

To this:

In a span of 20 years
Old 2008-09-13, 22:24   Link #10156
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
You can still have the gum line and other romantic undertones right before a tragic death. There's got to be more examples of a person forced to kill a lover. I just can't recall them.

About him gouging his eyes out. Personally I wouldn't have to much of a problem with Kallen towing around a blind Lelouch.
There are some other ways she could say her gum line. It could seem that he's about to die and she says it, but something saves him. He could go off to do something suicidal and wants to tell Kallen something 'just in case' (but end up surviving anyway). He could leave at the end of the series and be about to confess something to Kallen before he leaves.

My point is, you don't need to have one of them die to have the line (although that would seem to be the most likely option. Then again, this show never seems to take the most likely option .)
Old 2008-09-13, 22:24   Link #10157
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Fruit Punch Samurai, what series is that first one? Robotech?
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:27   Link #10158
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Th first one is Ideon: To Be Invoked and the second one is Overman King Gainer, watch them and you'll see how different they both are in themes and endings
Old 2008-09-13, 22:27   Link #10159
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Probably Gundam... I should punch you in the face for saying Robotech
Ah it's Ideon, my bad.

Last edited by Vito; 2008-09-13 at 22:27. Reason: Oops.
Old 2008-09-13, 22:29   Link #10160
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
There are some other ways she could say her gum line. It could seem that he's about to die and she says it, but something saves him. He could go off to do something suicidal and wants to tell Kallen something 'just in case' (but end up surviving anyway). He could leave at the end of the series and be about to confess something to Kallen before he leaves.

My point is, you don't need to have one of them die to have the line (although that would seem to be the most likely option. Then again, this show never seems to take the most likely option .)
I agree and I hope you're right