AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-30, 19:54   Link #2141
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Guys, do the dates really matter that much in the grand scheme of things?
Old 2011-01-30, 20:08   Link #2142
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Don't place too much emphasis on that website. They peg Heero Yuy's assassination as April 8th :P

Though there is an interesting timeline in the MS Encyclopedia I'll get to eventually...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 20:24   Link #2143
coldzero

wow, i feel super late since Gwing is my fav. anime of all time to finally find out about FT. I think i heard of it before but i just brushed it aside and really recently caught my full attention. I'm glad its sturring gwing up b/c I felt for this past few years its been dying and not much ppl talking about it around me, while i still liked it a lot, or felt it was back in the shadows.
I been browsing, but haven't read every page. Everyone comments are funny!

I don't know if its doing me any good, b/c I downloaded all those 5 chapts that are out now, and well really useless to me when I can't read japanese. Would have been so much better if it was manga so I can satisfy myself looking at pics. Wish they are translated!!

So the only information I know is pretty much what is written here and GundamWiki places though it is still pretty much ??? to me. I don't even get why Heero is order to kill Relena. And Dorothy being ESUN president is.. mildly put it, surprising..zeches dead? - no way! Heero frozen up.. .. this better turn out alright and not ruin Gwing image for mee!
Old 2011-01-30, 23:28   Link #2144
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldzero View Post
.. .. this better turn out alright and not ruin Gwing image for mee!
My advice for you is don't let it ruin how you view GW. There are parts of the novel that truly refine the AC era but others that obviously don't. Just take it with a grain of a salt.
Old 2011-01-31, 03:17   Link #2145
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Guys, do the dates really matter that much in the grand scheme of things?
Uhhh... No? I did say it's no biggie. I was just curious.......................
Old 2011-01-31, 11:45   Link #2146
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
My advice for you is don't let it ruin how you view GW. There are parts of the novel that truly refine the AC era but others that obviously don't. Just take it with a grain of a salt.
This. Good advice. Don't let it ~ruin your life~, it's just a novel/anime.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 11:50   Link #2147
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
This. Good advice. Don't let it ~ruin your life~, it's just a novel/anime.
Agreed. Anime/manga/literature/movies are like women: You come across a few high-quality ones every once in a while, but none of them are worth a mental breakdown.

I don't actually believe that so no hate mail please.
Old 2011-01-31, 12:49   Link #2148
Joaniedoe

New Zechs,

Been reading this thread for a while now, but there are way too many comments and so little time to read ALL of them. Any way just wondering if any one else had thoughts on this "New Zechs" character. I'm thinking he's Relena's son. May be Heero/Relena love child?

The translation I had isn't very clear on the part about New Zechs, and the Peacecraft twins so can any one else help answer my questions;

1. Was New Zechs around before or after Relena's big scne with her brother's mettle mask and becoming President of Mars?

2. About how old is New Zechs, closer to Kathy Po's age or closer to Duo Jr?

3. How old are the Twins?

4. Did the Twins actually do or say any thing or just noted as existing so far?
Joaniedoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 15:21   Link #2149
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniedoe View Post
Been reading this thread for a while now, but there are way too many comments and so little time to read ALL of them. Any way just wondering if any one else had thoughts on this "New Zechs" character. I'm thinking he's Relena's son. May be Heero/Relena love child?

The translation I had isn't very clear on the part about New Zechs, and the Peacecraft twins so can any one else help answer my questions;

1. Was New Zechs around before or after Relena's big scne with her brother's mettle mask and becoming President of Mars?

2. About how old is New Zechs, closer to Kathy Po's age or closer to Duo Jr?

3. How old are the Twins?

4. Did the Twins actually do or say any thing or just noted as existing so far?
As awesome as it would be, I highly doubt it's a 1xR lovechild, but...

1. Before, I'm pretty sure.
2. We have no idea
3. We have no idea
4. We dunno yet, but it's stated they "appear" more fully, so they might. Once we get a hold of the new chapter itself/someone can translate it, we'll know more.
Old 2011-01-31, 15:28   Link #2150
Joaniedoe

Thanks, Kitsoru.
Joaniedoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 18:26   Link #2151
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Man, if there is one thing I hope they touch on at some point is the colony backstories. I'm compiling a massive Gundam Wing timeline (way more accurate than that AboutGundamWing site given my sources) that has a ton of tidbits in it. Here's one that interests me:

Quote:
AC.147 - Through their own dragnet, the United Earth Sphere Alliance confirmed that some radical terrorists were lying dormant in the colonies. Following the well-received trust from Earth's member nations, they stationed themselves in the colonies with overwhelming military power under the name of justice and peace and started eliminating terrorists. Although the colony opposition towards the Alliance Forces unilateral stationing requested the right to search based on self-government, unity amongst the colonies was sidestepped in order to charge them with harboring terrorists.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-01-31, 18:49   Link #2152
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Man, if there is one thing I hope they touch on at some point is the colony backstories. I'm compiling a massive Gundam Wing timeline (way more accurate than that AboutGundamWing site given my sources) that has a ton of tidbits in it. Here's one that interests me:
Looking forward to seeing your timeline.

I read(on AboutGW ) that A Scythe in My Right Hand, You in My Left Hand? has info on the colonies and their formation but it's canon-ness is in serious question.

That tidbit isn't surprising. Maybe I'm weird but I always found the scenes where we saw the different rebel and "terrorist" groups in the series really interesting.
Old 2011-01-31, 18:50   Link #2153
Kitsoru

Huh, never seen that quote before. In the English-language Episode Zero timeline, the entry for AC 147 is:
Quote:
Alliance Forces are stationed at each colony. The Alliance places proxies in each nation, and begins military domination of Earth.
I wonder, though, which nations began in the Alliance originally. Was it originally the UN? And if it was, wouldn't that already be "most" militarily relevant nations, anyway...?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I read(on AboutGW ) that A Scythe in My Right Hand, You in My Left Hand? has info on the colonies and their formation but it's canon-ness is in serious question.
I'm curious about this novel, as well, considering it's Duo-centric. I've never been able to find any really good info on it beyond the characters and the basic 'sort of ZERO but not' MS being built. Who wrote it?

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-01-31 at 19:02.
Old 2011-01-31, 19:03   Link #2154
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Huh, never seen that quote before. In the English-language Episode Zero timeline, the entry for AC 147 is:

I wonder, though, which nations began in the Alliance originally. Was it originally the UN? And if it was, wouldn't that already be "most" militarily relevant nations, anyway...?
Wasn't the formation of the Alliance chronicled in one of the earlier chapters? I can't remember now but I'm guessing the point was to consolidate the best resources and squash various rebel factions around the world. Of course, they failed for a number of reasons.

No idea who wrote the Duo novel.
Old 2011-01-31, 19:07   Link #2155
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Regarding the formation of the Alliance (a la Gundam Wing Encyclopedia):

Quote:
AC.133 - The nations of Earth, having accepted the support of the financial combine called the Romefeller Foundation, establish the United Earth Sphere Alliance. At the same time, the Alliance military is formed with an aim at putting a stop the the colonies opportunity for independence.
This comes courtesy of the Gundam Wing Memorials II - The Legend of Forever book. There's a timeline in the back of the book.

The nifty thing about the Data Gundam timeline in Gundam Ace is that it gives a detailed account of the sidestories: Blind Target (July), Battlefield of Pacifists (August) and the Preventer 5 (April) chapter.

Not mentioned: Ground Zero

Old 2011-01-31, 19:21   Link #2156
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Regarding the formation of the Alliance (a la Gundam Wing Encyclopedia):
This comes courtesy of the Gundam Wing Memorials II - The Legend of Forever book. There's a timeline in the back of the book.

The nifty thing about the Data Gundam timeline in Gundam Ace is that it gives a detailed account of the sidestories: Blind Target (July), Battlefield of Pacifists (August) and the Preventer 5 (April) chapter.

Not mentioned: Ground Zero
Ohhhh, so they DO consider those 2 as canon? Interesting. Where's this data timeline you mentioned? Was it in one of the previous chapters?

The thing about the Alliance that I was wondering was that, as Elo said, the Cold War and AD Earth were mentioned earlier on in the chapters, which if I remember correctly was making it sound as if AC was born out of around that era in AD. Or was I reading into it incorrectly and it was just referencing the Cold War?
Old 2011-01-31, 19:28   Link #2157
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Well, that's the thing about Data Gundam... they list these exhaustive pool of resources, many of which I know do not give concrete dates in them :P

And these timelines were published back in 2006 and 2007. Sadly, the one I'm also interested in was from the March 2010 issue (which I don't have any more) that talked about mobile suit manufacturers

What chapter was it mentioned in again? I'll go back and look.

Old 2011-01-31, 19:48   Link #2158
Washu-Chan