AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 44 44.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 28.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 14.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.01%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-15, 23:56   Link #21
mandarb916

The series has been a fun and lighthearted (and still is) but this episode really impressed me in all honesty. Early in the series, Tomatsu Haruka's performance was all over the place and admittedly improved but this episode highlighted the VA talent extremely well.

It's easy to hide lack of talent or poor performance with animation, but with the lack of the latter this episode, it put the VAs in a situation where poor performance could be picked out rather easily. The main cast put on some really amazing performances in this episode. Really well executed and presented.

I think quality really shows when the animation can take a rather minimalist approach and still deliver really good entertainment. Props to Tomatsu, Sawashiro, and co.
Old 2008-11-16, 00:23   Link #22
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

first and foremost this definitely stank of mid-season "budget episode". but how well the absurdity played out -- from the odd camera angles, to the extra effort put in by the voice cast, really made the whole thing shine IMO. i could understand how this might be seen by some as another 'chocalate cornet' from yamakan, but like mandarb916 pointed out it really takes alot of talent to accomplish so much with so little.
Old 2008-11-16, 07:02   Link #23
psycrop

It's a Sony.
Old 2008-11-16, 07:11   Link #24
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Well at least their being realistic because she's already been in a relationship. Then again maybe she's gone as far 2nd or 3rd base. heh.
I think we have to keep in mind that Nagi only looks like Nagi now because of the container Jin built for her. Who knows what form she normally takes when she's with her lover...
Old 2008-11-16, 08:16   Link #25
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

erm, whose nosebleed are these? Nagi's or Jin's
Old 2008-11-16, 08:20   Link #26
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Do you really want to know?
Old 2008-11-16, 08:22   Link #27
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
This episode re-proves one thing: Zange-chan is the only true goddess.

I can't believe Nagi fears the bug. Come, the cockroach is one of your children if you claim to be the goddess who gives birth for all life forms in that area.
Pretty sure that cockroach was one of Letterman's creations. It'll jump up at you and rip the veins out of your neck.
Old 2008-11-16, 09:01   Link #28
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Kinda weak episode after really funny previous one. Reminds some fillers. This story about "toilet princess" has only some good jokes at the level of the previous episode. I hope that next episode will be better.

7 out of 10 : Good.
Old 2008-11-16, 09:04   Link #29
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

Can someone identify what that stick hanging from the ceiling which changes its position throughout the episode is. An easter egg?
Spoiler for image:
Old 2008-11-16, 09:11   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
the best part is that ed sequence, I can't stop laughing at that truck scene xD
Then i shouldn't be the only one who'd want to see more of that show on the DVD's. They could really go far with it.

Jin and Akiba's scene was so insanely over the top, it was amazing. Plus it was good to see Tsugumi being Tsugumi.
Old 2008-11-16, 09:23   Link #31
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
does it matter if shes a virgin? isnt she a god or something? do gods abide by human laws??
You forget that in ancinet times the virginity was much more valuable and were given a sacred meaning to.

As Nagi is demi-god (protection god) where in mythology the protection gods guard the saint objects and such, purify the evil spirts, for that the protection deity has to be pure - virginity was also part of the purity, thus if protection goddess would loose it, she either looses her powers or become an evil spirit. Thats according to majority of myths about the protection goddesses.

So if Nagi is not a virgin she cannot be a protection goddess (etheir looses her powers or becomes 'dark'.)

Not from mythological point of view it doesn't really matter, but you know otaku's... they want heroines be pure...
Old 2008-11-16, 09:52   Link #32
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And let's not talk about that virginity thing in the anime threads, yes?
How about don't talk about anything from the manga in the anime threads.

Silly episode. Slightly amusing. Seemed like Nagi was made out to be TOO childish, though.
Old 2008-11-16, 10:16   Link #33
arkxkra
全力全開

i lol at this episode.
It's a Sony. ....
talk damn a lot thing, and so many friend(whole gang) arrive, but she still don't want to come out. Best part was the seducing moment, and the last in anime's anime episode, get hit by truck?
Old 2008-11-16, 10:52   Link #34
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-16, 11:13   Link #35
Caster13
=^_^=

It's a sony.
Old 2008-11-16, 11:47   Link #36
Sho`

Spoiler for best part of this episode:
Old 2008-11-16, 11:49   Link #37
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Was a decent ep. Tsugumi is just way too cute. The Sony stuff was pretty blatant product placement, but the show recognized that and played it well.
Old 2008-11-16, 12:12   Link #38
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu View Post
erm, whose nosebleed are these? Nagi's or Jin's
Jin is seen with a bloody nose after Zange does "embarrassing" things with him. It's the same trash can that's shown after Tsugumi tells Jin to throw away the water bottle, so I assume it's Jin's.

And I forgot to mention one of my favorite parts.... Cockroach Cam!

Quote:
Can someone identify what that stick hanging from the ceiling which changes its position throughout the episode is. An easter egg?
It looks to me like it's just a pullstring for an overhead light switch. It don't think it changes position, it's just seen from different camera angles.
Old 2008-11-16, 13:09   Link #39
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

2channel mentions the reappearance of that magazine spoofing Hirano Aya. It's "Play-boya," and features "Hirakawa Aya" in a "big boobs special." The real Aya is known for having small boobs. I'm not sure whether Aya should be offended or pleased. After all, she mentions her size herself from time to time, and also there's the old show-biz principle that any mention is good publicity.

The photo features a bikini like the one Aya was wearing in a photo commented on in 2channel, when she wore the top upside down (it's right-side up here). Does anyone have any idea who the little figure at the left-hand side of the photo is?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:57   Link #40
7Th
Mixtape

Animation this episode was pretty good. Back to episode one level, probably.
Closed Thread