AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-06, 22:27   Link #381
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why the hell are you watching this show if you don't like it?
The comedy is good like I said. It's not like I hate the whole show with utter disgust. But this element just annoy me like hell.
Old 2009-03-06, 22:30   Link #382
errorrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Yeah, the show is predictable since it portrays the way things would have gone if this was set in real life. To expect "twists" from a story such as this really degrades the setting, the characters and the story since it would force it to be something that could only happen in fiction.
wow... are you serious? Bringing real life BS to this is a joke... a girl living alone in that sort of condo? A guy like Ryuuji? how many RL elements you see in this show... ?
Old 2009-03-06, 22:33   Link #383
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Though on the flip side, people would complain that it's making no sense or 'waffling'. The comedy in these sorts of show is always the hook to get people to stick around for the story. The consistency.. especially the non-harem attitude is the best part of this show. There's the 'cliche' that truth is stranger than fiction. It's real'er' than most other shows of the type.
Old 2009-03-07, 00:09   Link #384
Tarepandax3

o_o I'm suprised that a lot of people like her. She's okay, I guess, but it irritates me how she doesn't go straight to the point. She just keep confusing the viewer xD.
Old 2009-03-07, 10:16   Link #385
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarepandax3 View Post
o_o I'm suprised that a lot of people like her. She's okay, I guess, but it irritates me how she doesn't go straight to the point. She just keep confusing the viewer xD.
That's the beauty of it. Not everyone abstains from beating around the bush, and some people keep things to themselves for their own intents. It's what really fleshes out her character and makes her seem more human.
Old 2009-03-07, 12:18   Link #386
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarepandax3 View Post
Yes, that is one of her character flaws. but flawed characters are interesting. if she was perfect she would be boring.

You need to have conflict in order to have drama. conflict between two people or a characters internal conflict.
Old 2009-03-07, 20:11   Link #387
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
wow... are you serious? Bringing real life BS to this is a joke... a girl living alone in that sort of condo? A guy like Ryuuji? how many RL elements you see in this show... ?
I see a bunch to be honest, but I think that you misunderstood my post. If you read my post one more time you'll surely see that I was saying that it portrays the way things would've gone if this was set in real life. I was never saying anything about the characters or the way things were set up when we first entered the fictional realm of Toradora!.

If I were to let my bias control me and my opinions I would be rooting for Ami since she is easily my favorite character in the show. That does in no way mean that I would like to see an AmixRyuuji ending though, cause from a storytelling point of view it would have made no sense at all. TaigaxRyuuji was set in stone ever since the first novel/the first two episodes. Then again, that last part is my personal opinion, and I know that a lot of people will probably disagree.

Anyhow, I just wanted you to know that I was in no way trying to say that Toradora!'s setting is perfectly RL-ish in nature, or that the characters come off as people one would normally meet in RL. All I was trying to say is that, in my opinion, the way things turned out is completely natural given the setting/story and the different personalities of the characters.
Old 2009-03-09, 04:45   Link #388
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Giving the name of the show, it's clearly who Ruuji will end with. But those who like Ami (e.g me!!) or Minorin will still follow this till the end, to hope that she will enter the final stage, confess, be turned down, cry and live on.....etc....

So.... the really bad end for me would not be Ryuuji end up with Taiga , but : both Ami and Minorin realised their feelings, but instead confess them out and move on, they decide to cry behind the back "for-sure-that-i-will-be rejected" style. Then we have like 2-3 episode with Taiga and Ruuji avoid each other, play hide-and-seek when pretty much no obstacle left.

This kind of ending normally leave me screaming "God! Just try it already!.!.!"

Finally please do not remind what the meaning of this show name (unless someone ask because at least 80% of us knew that) everytime someone hope a good end for Ms A or Mr B. It slams the whole conversation and just like saying "we would all die anyway, why bother to argue"
Old 2009-03-09, 05:44   Link #389
wistfulloner

Now that the end pairing is painfully obvious, I'm quite interested to know how Ami and Minori will react and what are their plans for the future.
Old 2009-03-13, 13:28   Link #390
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

I demand an OVA or something. Just about Amin.

Because she's too great a character to be ignored.
Old 2009-03-13, 16:08   Link #391
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think Ami really wanted to just be an observer and a manipulator, but got too emotionally involved in it herself.

Magnificent Bastard failure.
I second that...
Old 2009-03-13, 16:57   Link #392
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
I demand an OVA or something. Just about Amin.

Because she's too great a character to be ignored.

i support this message
Old 2009-03-13, 21:38   Link #393
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

I like Ami's character, obviously not as much as alot of people.

For the people who are Ami fans what about her makes her your favorite?
Old 2009-03-13, 21:41   Link #394
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post

My favorite part of Ami is her teasing yet well intentioned and loyal quality, of which she reminds me of Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night.
Old 2009-03-13, 22:00   Link #395
typhonsentra

I find her interesting because she's the only character we never get the whole story with It makes for good discussion/debate.
Old 2009-03-13, 23:15   Link #396
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Amin OVA = win. She's the real tragic heroine of this story.
Old 2009-03-14, 01:45   Link #397
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post

I used to be a Taiga fan but slowly changed camps at about one third into the story. It's a little hard to describe what I like about her, or anyone in the series as a matter of fact because they're too complicated, just like real people. But I'll try.

I like Amin basically because of how much more convulated and ironic a character she is than Minorin or Taiga. And also because, IMO, she's the most exciting and interesting to watch. Whatever little airtime Amin gets, she steals the show with her sarcasm, wit, wisdom and extraordinary insight. Half the time, I'm trying to determine just exactly what she's feeling and why she acts that particular way. Although most of the time it seems quite certain and obvious, there always seems to be that room for doubt and other possibilities -- it's always a gray area when it comes to Amin. To me, at least, it's helluva fun to analyze and watch such an intricate character like her. And it always helps that she's the true tsundere on the show.

The brilliance of Amin's seiyuu is a key factor for my fondness as well. I love her sarcastic "aaaaah~", "Who knows what it means?" and the teasing tone she adopts in general speech. Much kudoes to KitaEri because it's not easy portraying the most nuanced and subtle character in the show and she could have very easily fallen into the "bitch" trap. To do it so well is kind of a major achievement, I think.
Old 2009-03-16, 05:20   Link #398
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I still don't get how some could not see that Ami likes Ryuuji, she herself said it under her breath that she wished Ryuuji would give her a chance... How much more of a hint do you need?

Anyway, Poor poor Ami... will she ever find a guy that doesn't treat her like some celebrity and treat her like a normal person the way Ryuuji does?
Old 2009-03-27, 09:47   Link #399
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2

An ending that we all can pretend happened in alternate ToraDora! LOL
Old 2009-03-27, 10:16   Link #400
typhonsentra

Are these goofy pictures (Like the one with Takasu and Kitamura) from the PSP game?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters