AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-08, 12:42   Link #181
eiyuu99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Assault with a deadly kiss, then the girl practically proposes, and then bedtime sleep in the nude, and then a day at the beach with her wearing a tiny Strike Witches sized bikini with a twintail hairdo, it......IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE AGAINST MY DESIRES
She also does an armbar to pin the guy down while being naked....the taste of heaven and hell?

At least Charlotte goes for the sweet taste, enough to affect Ichika despite his denseness,
though Chifuyu already has a wide lead with Ichika.
Old 2011-03-08, 13:10   Link #182
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
She also does an armbar to pin the guy down while being naked....the taste of heaven and hell?

At least Charlotte goes for the sweet taste, enough to affect Ichika despite his denseness,
though Chifuyu already has a wide lead with Ichika.
I agree! But I think Char has a chance
Old 2011-03-08, 17:29   Link #183
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
I agree! But I think Char has a chance
The protagonist's denseness has it's limits my friend, when it faces the red orange comet.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-03-08, 18:19   Link #184
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
The protagonist's denseness has it's limits my friend, when it faces the red orange comet.
At the very least, you can say that she's made 3 times as many fans as a normal harem female lead ^_^.

Actually, the name "Char Aznable" was originally based on Charles Aznavour, a legendary French singer, so that's one more connection for our little Orange Comet. ^_^

Now that I think about it though, Charlotte may actually be at disadvantage over the other girls in winning Ichika's affection. It's entirely possible that due to Chifuyu's influence growing up, Ichika may have at the very least a strong predisposition to girls with kuudere/tsundere characteristics. With this in mind, one could argue that Charlotte has the polar opposite personality of what Ichika may like in a woman compared to say... Houki who's practically Chifuyu Lite. While the audience might see Charlotte as the clear choice for a long happy marriage with 2.5 kids, Ichika might actually subconsciously like a girl to kick him in the face every so often. If this is the case, I hope Charlotte can teach Ichika the wonders of being in a loving relationship that doesn't involve repeated outbursts of domestic violence.

By the way, what's the established ship name for Ichika x Charlotte? I would assume "Ichar" or "Icharlotte" but I haven't really seen one commonly used as of yet.
Old 2011-03-08, 19:32   Link #185
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Haha XD Indeed it does.
Old 2011-03-08, 19:34   Link #186
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
At the very least, you can say that she's made 3 times as many fans as a normal harem female lead ^_^.

Actually, the name "Char Aznable" was originally based on Charles Aznavour, a legendary French singer, so that's one more connection for our little Orange Comet. ^_^

Now that I think about it though, Charlotte may actually be at disadvantage over the other girls in winning Ichika's affection. It's entirely possible that due to Chifuyu's influence growing up, Ichika may have at the very least a strong predisposition to girls with kuudere/tsundere characteristics. With this in mind, one could argue that Charlotte has the polar opposite personality of what Ichika may like in a woman compared to say... Houki who's practically Chifuyu Lite. While the audience might see Charlotte as the clear choice for a long happy marriage with 2.5 kids, Ichika might actually subconsciously like a girl to kick him in the face every so often. If this is the case, I hope Charlotte can teach Ichika the wonders of being in a loving relationship that doesn't involve repeated outbursts of domestic violence.

By the way, what's the established ship name for Ichika x Charlotte? I would assume "Ichar" or "Icharlotte" but I haven't really seen one commonly used as of yet.
2.5 kids? lol XD

But I agree, she looks like a sensible choice for Ichika. If anything they should make alternate endings, if this series has an ending. XD
Old 2011-03-09, 00:49   Link #187
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
o.0. What makes you think Chifuyu is a tsundere/kuudere? She isn't at all like Houki. It's so freaking obvious that she is the perfect and serious type. If you were the older sibling and your parents weren't around, you would have to adorn that cold, straightforward attitude to ensure survival of yourself and your sibling. Just how it is. I don't get why you think Ichika suffered domestic abuse from Chifuyu? From what I gathered, theirs was clearly a loving relationship with the older sister working hard for her brother and the brother trying to follow in her path/trying to grow up so he can be the one doing the protecting. I don't get why you think a teacher's remarks when a student appears to be offtrack can be compared to an idiot tsundere's tsun antics.

Among the girls, Char is way more like Chifuyu than Houki or Laura or anyone else. She does her job, doesn't talk too much, cares about Ichika and is very efficient.

You could say Laura is efficient but Chifuyu herself told us that Laura is unstable and haughty. And she was not at all efficient in her fight against CharxIchika. I bet Chifuyu would have kept a cool head, helped her ally and only go for the win. Unlike Laura the mega idiot who tries to do everything on her own, ignores her ally and loses her cool when in a pinch.

Now Houki doesn't talk much either, but she is just another tsundere who isn't anywhere near as efficient at dealing with her emotions or with her skills. And she is dishonest with her feelings. We have never seen Chifuyu deny that she cares for Ichika (as a sister only perhaps, if or not she cares for him beyond that we shall never know thanks to her mechanical demeanor).

The only girl (among the Harem girls) who is calm no matter what and does just enough of what needs to be done is Char with the difference being that she is younger, more lively and more open than Chifuyu and doesn't give the impression that she is hiding under a mechanical facade. I like Chifuyu too and frankly, I don't know enough about her to rank her among the girls (I don't think she is a competitor anyway) but she is pretty damn good. Only that I would most definitely prefer my girl to be more open with her feminine side and not feel so robotic. Bottomline, Char > all and Char is the closest to Chifuyu in terms of perfection although for me, Char is more perfect than Chifuyu precisely because she isn't (and isn't trying too hard to be) perfect.

By and By if the series develops a good enough foresight into how Chifuyu really is beyond her facade(not necessarily behind... I think the mechanical method of life is just something she had to adopt to cope with the harshness and as much a part of her as anything... been there done that myself), I might come to like her more than Char. Her character has potential to be developed into something awesome, to say the least. Every other girl in the series thus far except Chifuyu and Char gave the impression that they had been labeled "TRASH" with effing big letters in their forehead.
Old 2011-03-09, 03:21   Link #188
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Great to see someone so passionate about Chifuyu-nee! Actually, I'm surprised to meet someone who hates tsundere characters even more than I do, ahahah ^_^. That being the case, as long as you are cheering for Charlotte, we are in agreement.

I'm still slightly confused on why Chifuyu is not a Kuudere though. My understanding of the term is a character who is cool on the outside and sweet on the inside, would this not apply to Chifuyu-nee? I do however concede that she is not a Tsundere and that my statement regarding domestic violence was written with Houki specifically in mind and does not apply to Chifuyu - especially since if she ever hit Ichika at full power like Houki apparently does, he would have probably died long before the show even started.
Old 2011-03-09, 05:53   Link #189
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I know this should have been in the images section, but...

I found this little nugget of truth and figured I should share this with everyone...
Old 2011-03-09, 08:59   Link #190
Viperflame

hope she doesn't resort to that...
Old 2011-03-10, 05:24   Link #191
Zoel

Or that.

Old 2011-03-10, 07:20   Link #192
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Ahhaha, oh the nostalgia ^_^.

Just read the available translations of the Light Novels and thought I'd share a few minor observations about Charlotte I came across, mostly from Volume 6 - Chapter 1. Nothing big really, just everyday life stuff.

Spoiler for Charlotte in the Light Novel:
Old 2011-03-10, 12:26   Link #193
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Spoiler for Chalīs bracelette:

Last edited by .x.crii.x.; 2011-03-10 at 15:30.
Old 2011-03-10, 14:26   Link #194
eiyuu99

Something like this at close up.
Spoiler for bracelet:

Only issue is the scene comes right after Chifuyu's beach volleyball signal scene.
Old 2011-03-10, 16:23   Link #195
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Spoiler for Chalīs bracelette:
Was that really what Ichika went to buy though? I thought it would be Houki's present since her birthday is coming up.
Old 2011-03-10, 17:10   Link #196
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
Spoiler for Charlotte's Bracelet:
Guess that's now a little secret between us Charlotte fans, ahahaha ^_-.

Spoiler for Another Picture of Charlotte's Bracelet:

Regarding Houki's present, my info is limited to what's been translated from the Light Novels so far, but it does seem that...
Spoiler for Houki's Present:

Last edited by Shiikamayo; 2011-03-10 at 17:30.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:34   Link #197
Heiwajima

Uhuhuhu, I've been floating around the IS threads here for a while, but I finally decided to join. I HAVE TO SHARE MY LOVE FOR CHARLOTTE. AND ICHIKA/CHARLOTTE.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-11, 05:00   Link #198
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoel View Post
Or that.

why that instead of the unicorn one...
*looks again*
Oh it is a hit to the ball
Old 2011-03-11, 06:42   Link #199
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Well, Houki finally got her IS and Cecilia got fed a single piece of sashimi. So? Char did it first and it was a complete meal with French music playing in the background...

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2011-03-11 at 06:59.
Old 2011-03-11, 17:57   Link #200
Yusei Fudo
Banned

If Char does get a bracelet present from Ichika, I will die happy ;w;
Closed Thread

Tags
characters