AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 18:43   Link #2261
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
The Wing Gundam EW didn't lose anything, it GAINED something! The Buster Rifle's capacity increased from to 3 to 9 shots per sortie with the added ammo packs. And it now has those shoulder gatlings the Wing Zero had. Granted, the TV design has those too, but they seem to be more like vulcans. Plus, the Wing Gundam EW's design is just beautiful. Much prefer of it over the TV version.
Agreed on most of it. However Wing TV had both Chest Vulcans and Head Vulcans so it's arguable if the shoulder mounted Machine Canon's really equal to the both of them.

As for the rest, I was just comparing the Kai's/Upgrades to themselves in the movies.

All the EW Early types at least equal their original's with most of them being far better off.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 18:47   Link #2262
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Wing Zero Custom did seem to have some sort of transformation mode, though it wasn't really on par with the TV version's.

Regardless, pretty much ALL of the Gundams except for the Epyon sacrificed something with the redesign.
Well, they did look much cooler. At least in the case of the Deathscythe Hell. So some got a bit weaker but at least the fans liked the designs.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 18:49   Link #2263
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I don't think you can really call the Reentry/Shield Mode a Transformation.

I do however agree that most of them lost something, with Heavyarms Kai being the lone exception in that not only did he get more weaponry but him reducing his bulk also seemed to increase his manuverablity given how Trowa moves his suit compared to his Wing TV variants.

Also Zero could be argued depending on Shield mode, thing is I just don't think Wing Shields are as ease of use compared to his shield. Plus considering we never see Heero dual wield removing the shield from his arm as well as making the TBR so large he can't store it under/ease of use on Zero EW combines to make his entire left side kinda useless.
Actually I was referring to the closable section at the top of its wings before it was activated in EW. Regardless, it's still not much especially compared to the TV version.

Even the Heavyarms lost something--namely, its arm knife. Made up for it with the better manueverability and the huge increase in ranged weaponry, but it still lost something. Deathscythe Hell lost the buster shield and the (albeit impractical-looking) extra scythe blade, Sandrock lost the shield (apparently) and Altron lost the flamethrowers, the wings, the tail cannons...
Old 2012-08-12, 18:52   Link #2264
FalsePrime

Quote:
Actually I was referring to the closable section at the top of its wings before it was activated in EW. Regardless, it's still not much especially compared to the TV version.

Even the Heavyarms lost something--namely, its arm knife. Made up for it with the better manueverability and the huge increase in ranged weaponry, but it still lost something. Deathscythe Hell lost the buster shield and the (albeit impractical-looking) extra scythe blade, Sandrock lost the shield (apparently) and Altron lost the flamethrowers, the wings, the tail cannons...
Fair enough. However I won't fault the a redesign when the Pro's far out weigh the con like in Heavyarms Kai's case.

Deathscythe Hell and Altron being the two big standouts. Wing Zero and Sandrock I'm usually okay with. I just wish they had updated Heero's fighting style because it's really like he only pilot's half of his suit until he busts out the TBR and then he suddenly remembers he has a whole side he can make use of.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 10:15   Link #2265
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

OVERWORLD TV CM2
Old 2012-08-20, 21:37   Link #2266
Soaring Griffin

Note worthy things I saw was combo attacks with 00Qan[T] + brave commander type and Unicorn and something else, a scene of 00Qan[T] fighting the Nu gundam, and a scene God gundam and Destiny gundam trying to finger each other.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 21:44   Link #2267
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaring Griffin View Post
Note worthy things I saw was combo attacks with 00Qan[T] + brave commander type and Unicorn and something else, a scene of 00Qan[T] fighting the Nu gundam, and a scene God gundam and Destiny gundam trying to finger each other.
._. 10char
Old 2012-08-20, 21:45   Link #2268
Soaring Griffin

Quote:
._. 10char
I did that on purpose just to get a reaction like that.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 01:54   Link #2269
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Something just occured to me. The Gundam AGE game for the PSP came out on the 9th right? That's almost two weeks ago. Hasn't anyone beat it yet? And if so, why aren't they spilling the beans as to how the show ends? The game follows the shows plot right? Lets get some info on that!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 01:55   Link #2270
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

no, it comes out on the 30'th
Old 2012-08-22, 20:33   Link #2271
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I read something on 4chan that says Japanese Gundam fans are boycotting the next G-Gen game because AGE is in it?

Is this real?
Old 2012-08-22, 20:35   Link #2272
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

People online say a lot of stupid shit. I'm sure they've said stuff like that.
Old 2012-08-22, 20:41   Link #2273
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
People online say a lot of stupid shit. I'm sure they've said stuff like that.
There was no source provided, so I guess it could be trolling.

Some people just put too much effort into stupid shit.
Old 2012-08-22, 22:38   Link #2274
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I read something on 4chan that says Japanese Gundam fans are boycotting the next G-Gen game because AGE is in it?

Is this real?
i think it just specific group of people. at max it will be 100.

not big deal or anything

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 10:00   Link #2275
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post

Is this real?
They didn't boycott the 3DS game that had AGE in it... Though I wouldn't blame anyone that avoided that one since it gutted so many things in favor of a gimmicky 3D effect.
Old 2012-08-24, 18:38   Link #2276
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They didn't boycott the 3DS game that had AGE in it... Though I wouldn't blame anyone that avoided that one since it gutted so many things in favor of a gimmicky 3D effect.
probably but general people say the game is just bad

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:18   Link #2277
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

This probably came out of nowhere... but...

Out of curiosity, anybody playing New Gihren's Ambition?

Now on Char's Counterattack as Char... more than 250 turns invested.

Very, very addictive.

- Tak (Yes, I realize its not a new game... but...)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 03:37   Link #2278
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So the Gundam AGE game added several new units to the ranks. All new Vagan MS besides Sid. The new entries are:

Wiegel, Abigel, Digel, Egoz, Gould, SID
Old 2012-08-31, 03:42   Link #2279
Kirayuki

SD G Generation Overworld PV2 (20 mins.)

- Cagalli is voiced now ?
- Looks like they reworked some animations of some older units.
- For units with double pilot like Harute and to some extent Quanta (Setsuna and Tieria), I wonder how will they implement them in the game unless those ones in the PV are for story purposes only.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 05:42   Link #2280
Destined_Fate

Cagalli is voiced? What?

Something big must have happened to get Cagalli voiced again, or did they just replace her VA?

What do the have against the Nu Gundam or Hi-Nu Gundam? Again they have Amuro fighting a much more advanced suit in his outdated Gundam and somehow fighting on even ground. Just like Worlds version of CCA didn't even have Nu Gundam, just young Amuro in Gundam vs CCA Char in Sazabi. Now this bid shows Amuro in Gundam fighting evenly with the Qan(T). Than they show an in game CG of Amuro/Nu and AGE-1 vs Qan(T) but not really doing much against it.

The Destiny Gundam vs God Gundam thing was nice though.