AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-27, 07:42   Link #6481
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Although it's a good analysis, I just don't buy into the whole red string of fate popular in Asian culture yet since we're in a different world setting here. Besides, I'm not sure where you get the idea that because Japan loves romance, that goes against puppy love. In fact, a good chunk of their romance fiction starts from puppy love. Japan's really into immature stuff (and so am I). If we're talking about tropes, first kisses are up there too. In Steins;Gate for example, the creator literally sent Kurisu back in time just so she could cement Okabe's first kiss.

The Priest is still hoping his prophecy turns out wrong, whatever that is. I don't think he meant ill will.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 07:51   Link #6482
ShiryuMask

I no want to offend anyone.....but why I get this strange feeling that if the "Red String of Fate" was between Esdeath and Tatsumi people reactions would be way different?
Old 2014-08-27, 07:52   Link #6483
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiryuMask View Post
I no want to offend anyone.....but why I get this strange feeling that if the "Red String of Fate" was between Esdeath and Tatsumi people reactions would be way different?
HA HA, you ask knowing the obvious

*edit: It'd make for a more fascinating story IMO, and Manga sales would go up. Isn't Akame ga Kill on the brink of bankruptcy right now because it's doing poor in Manga sales and the anime is wasting even more money? (Not trying to fool anyone this time.)

**edit: On a tangent note. This is a pretty obvious nod to the Manga with its recent events.

Lubbcok gets fucked in the ass while Tatsumi gets carted off by Esdeath. Hm Symbolism.

Last edited by crunchytaco; 2014-08-27 at 08:41.
Old 2014-08-27, 08:51   Link #6484
G147

Poor Raba.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 10:04   Link #6485
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
*edit: It'd make for a more fascinating story IMO, and Manga sales would go up. Isn't Akame ga Kill on the brink of bankruptcy right now because it's doing poor in Manga sales and the anime is wasting even more money? (Not trying to fool anyone this time.)
Nope.

And I doubt what you guys suggest based only on your wet dreams would make the sales go up. It's already doing fine, no nee to alter a plotline just for the convenience of a few.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 10:14   Link #6486
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Nope.

And I doubt what you guys suggest based only on your wet dreams would make the sales go up. It's already doing fine, no nee to alter a plotline just for the convenience of a few.
Hah, you need to get a a clue in your head and realize that I'm one of the most objective people on these forums, especially in regards to Esdeath - being a fan of hers notwithstanding.

You're entitled to your own opinion, as I am mines, but the second sentence you made is just flat out ignorant. Anyone worth their wit know her fanbase is completely the opposite from "few". Have you been living under a rock?
Old 2014-08-27, 10:29   Link #6487
Homura7

It wasn't meant to be taken in the literal sense of the word. It doesn't matter to me how large is her fanbase, it's just lately I came across many of those (not you) suggesting things like completely alter a few plotlines so they get their own desires satisfied. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but at least to me it's not worth a damn.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 10:36   Link #6488
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
It wasn't meant to be taken in the literal sense of the word. It doesn't matter to me how large is her fanbase, it's just lately I came across many of those (not you) suggesting things like completely alter a few plotlines so they get their own desires satisfied. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but at least to me it's not worth a damn.
Ok, but you need to learn to differentiate between people's opinions (with actual basis in reality) and what people are stating as if it were a matter of fact.

Besides, no where did I suggest the story to actually change; and you did accuse me lol. Anyone can see that. I was pointing out what I thought would make the sales better with the current dismal state of Manga sales right now.
Old 2014-08-27, 10:58   Link #6489
Kiltias

We allowed to post Fan-art here?Cause I stumbled upon that wicked Wave and Kurome one.

/leaving out the KuromexAkame one naturally.
Quote:
Isn't Akame ga Kill on the brink of bankruptcy right now because it's doing poor in Manga sales and the anime is wasting even more money? (Not trying to fool anyone this time.)
Wut?

That's a lie if I ever heard one.Sales are increasing at fast pace.
It's literally up there with Naruto and AOT volume sales.

Volume 8 for example was literally only 1000 copies behind Vol 10 of AoT.

They just expanded the area of sales to Europe.Yeah, what a bad sign for sales.A Manga close to bankruptcy going abroad.yeah right.

It's no MAJOR hit, but it's nowhere near close to bankruptcy.No idea where you're getting that from.

Last edited by Kiltias; 2014-08-27 at 11:18.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 11:26   Link #6490
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
We allowed to post Fan-art here?Cause I stumbled upon that wicked Wave and Kurome one.

/leaving out the KuromexAkame one naturally.

Wut?

That's a lie if I ever heard one.Sales are increasing at fast pace.
It's literally up there with Naruto and AOT volume sales.

Volume 8 for example was literally only 1000 copies behind Vol 10 of AoT.

They just expanded the area of sales to Europe.Yeah, what a bad sign for sales.A Manga close to bankruptcy going abroad.yeah right.

It's no MAJOR hit, but it's nowhere near close to bankruptcy.No idea where you're getting that from.
4ch ><. I only started reading there recently to find the Manga raws. Anyhow, I know anything said is worth a grain of salt without sources to back it up, which is why I asked in the first place for confirmation.

It's been repeated often there and because no one has disputed it there, it's led me to believe there was some credulity to it.

Maybe bankruptcy was an exaggeration on their part, but the reasoning sounds plausible. If they are pouring that money into the Anime, and it still hasn't surpassed the other mangas without an Anime in the same issue/company it's appearing in no less (much less gain anymore sales than it already is doing), then it's reasonable to assume they are losing money.

Speaking of sources, could you show your own? I'm not a native Japanese speaker, so I can't tell how popular AGK is over there. It would be great if what you are saying is true.
Old 2014-08-27, 12:39   Link #6491
Junior117

Quote:
Although it's a good analysis, I just don't buy into the whole red string of fate popular in Asian culture yet since we're in a different world setting here. Besides, I'm not sure where you get the idea that because Japan loves romance, that goes against puppy love. In fact, a good chunk of their romance fiction starts from puppy love. Japan's really into immature stuff (and so am I). If we're talking about tropes, first kisses are up there too. In Steins;Gate for example, the creator literally sent Kurisu back in time just so she could cement Okabe's first kiss.

The Priest is still hoping his prophecy turns out wrong, whatever that is. I don't think he meant ill will.
Because the author is Japanese? I know it isn't something that makes sense, but what I'm saying is that, usually their culture is some-what strict and, no matter what they do, they don't seem to completely get away from the things they do within their culture. In the world of Akame ga kill, they still bow in general, they still speak in Japanese (it doesn't say in the series whether they speak a different language, they go "ikitakimasu" before they eat (this one is questionable; I have to check on it again, but I do remember something like this; I know they don't do it all the time, though) (I'm sure there are others, but I'm sure those can be found easily. There are a lot of things in this series that still borrows Japanese cultural elements (mainly because the target audience is, in fact, the Japanese audience, and it's so that the Japanese audience can understand, since they consider most other cultures weird (and many probably wouldn't understand any other culture other than their own) I'm not saying that's completely true, but considering the fact that I've heard stories of people of other cultures visit Japan, only to find out that many (not all) of the residents of Japan are perplexed at what to do, I'm inlined to believe that a good group of them are like this (not trying disrespect either; many other countries have this same group of people, including the United States and Canada)).

There are a number of examples where, while in a different country or setting, many of the Japanese customs in their culture (some examples being Gosick, Unbreakable Machine-Doll, and No Game No Life (and I'm not talking about the protagonist(s) that came from Japan)).

In other cultures (especially in America) "soulmates" re similar or parallel to the red string of fate myth. So the global community has some kind of universal definition of "destined lovers". So that's why I'm not too sure if I can fully go with the appropriate statement that you've made (though, again (and I'm continuously repeating myself, but I guess I'll have to) this could go the opposite direction). Since the Japanese culture is implanted in their minds, and biases exist, then I have no doubt that things like the red string of fate (or even variant of it) can slip out (and from what we see right now, in this current moment, as of chapter 52, the red string of fate is, in fact, working its course, since Mein and Tatsumi are, in fact, officially lovers, no matter how you slice it. That, I can say, is without a doubt the current reality and fact that we have right now.). This can change, yes, but rarely does a series break this string (and if there are, they are so few of them that do so that I could probably get away from making a list of every series that fits this criteria without making it so long that I can get into trouble for making a post excessively long (speaking of which, I should probably find more ways of condensing my words, since I don't want to get into trouble for writing long walls of text)).

Just because Japan is immature (if the large hentai industry and those weird game shows isn't an indication, then I don't know what is), doesn't mean everyone in Japan is, or every romance series is immature; we can't just put up a blanket statement on everyone and everything (you could argue "you're doing it now", in which I could reply "... since when does an analysis mean "blanket statement?; I pretty much always "all but nullify" my very own statements to show that I'm not being biased and that I'm aware that things may not turn out the way I concluded." But whatever: make of it as you will). I just can't see how most series have an immature nature (outside of a male accidentally peeping in a girl changing (but that may be there as a cliché way of adding comedy, so I guess I can't count that).

I never said that puppy love WILL never work, I said that puppy love USUALLY never works. There are rare exceptions, but the problem is that... that's it: there are rare exceptions (I'm not saying that there are only, say, 7 series in Japan that only has that kind of love, but I mean, as for the ratio between true love-based serieses and puppy love-based serieses, the odds are very against the latter ones. It's very easy to find a true love-based anime; it's (relatively) harder to find the latter (again, you can easily find one, and I agree: there is a good chuck, but if we put the ratio completely and literally, it would be harder to find one; they are just in a (relatively) small minority). First kisses doesn't count, because that could mean anything, but not always puppy love; it could be unintentional (like in Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions, where Shinka and Sanae fell and landed on their lips. That meant nothing) or a character probably wanted to kiss someone (whether in a dream or reality) but they instead kissed someone else (I don't think I need an example for this one; there's way too many series that does this cliché thing, so you should easily be able to find one that does this).

And I'm basing "puppy love" from the dictionary definition "an intense but relatively shallow romantic attachment, typically associated with adolescents." You can forget the statement after the comma, but from what I see, there's not too much of a thought process with Esdeath's love, whereas Mein's love is anything BUT shallow (again, my analysis for Mein's gradual love for Tatsumi tries to prove this; also, in the beginning, she hated him (basically, the same way as what a Tsundere would do, which doesn't usually leads to a shallow-thought romantic process). The way how this puppy love is progressing though, is different from the puppy love norm that does work (I'm using Kodomo no Jikan as the basis of this "puppy love" norm that does work), and so I have doubts that it would result in a similar way how Kodomo no Jikan ended.

The Priest (thank you for clearing that name up). We don't entirely know what it is. Maybe it might not happen until we see a foreshadow before-hand. Maybe this arc IS part of the prophecy. I don't know. We don't know. But we're just speculating.

Finally, I did say several times, that what I've said here (and every post before) can go in the reverse direction (I guess typing it in capital letters wasn't enough to get it's attention, huh?), but I have doubts on that based on (all together now: "again") the patterns and logic that's been given to me in this series). I can see where you're coming from, though. I... just don't see the opposing evidence (or I am un-convinced of said evidence; they don't seem entirely significant, but I do want to see reasons why that may not be the case).

Last edited by Junior117; 2014-08-27 at 12:56.
Junior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 12:45   Link #6492
bastek66

Manga can't bankrupt, jeez stop confusing people.
But it's true, anime so far didn't boost manga sales and supposedly is bombing in preorders (outside amazon, where it isn't at all for some reason).
I checked "Japanese Comics Ranking" news on ANN for last 9 months and sales for last two volumes are
Vol.9 - 37,121
Vol.10 - 52,214
And any older volumes didn't show up at Oricon rankings unlike other Square-Enix manga like Barakamon, Nozaki-kun.
Old 2014-08-27, 12:53   Link #6493
Junior117

Quote:
4ch ><. I only started reading there recently to find the Manga raws. Anyhow, I know anything said is worth a grain of salt without sources to back it up, which is why I asked in the first place for confirmation.

It's been repeated often there and because no one has disputed it there, it's led me to believe there was some credulity to it.

Maybe bankruptcy was an exaggeration on their part, but the reasoning sounds plausible. If they are pouring that money into the Anime, and it still hasn't surpassed the other mangas without an Anime in the same issue/company it's appearing in no less (much less gain anymore sales than it already is doing), then it's reasonable to assume they are losing money.

Speaking of sources, could you show your own? I'm not a native Japanese speaker, so I can't tell how popular AGK is over there. It would be great if what you are saying is true.
According to Anime News Network (can I post the link here?) Akame ga kill is in the top 30 (as of June). It's selling... ok (not the best; it could be better). From the previous months, (from January to May), it doesn't look like it's shown up anywhere (... except February 2013 and September 2012 (going outside my month range; could possibly mean no season 2 for the anime (but we're not talking about that) and possibly a cancellation of the manga (I don't want that to happen; please don't put words in my mouth))). I only skimmed though this, though, so I could be WAY off, but this the result of the research that I've done.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
But it's true, anime so far didn't boost manga sales and supposedly is bombing in preorders (outside amazon, where it isn't at all for some reason).
I checked "Japanese Comics Ranking" news on ANN for last 9 months and sales for last two volumes are
Vol.9 - 37,121
Vol.10 - 52,214
And any older volumes didn't show up at Oricon rankings unlike other Square-Enix manga like Barakamon, Nozaki-kun.
Just so you know, I didn't realize that you beat me to it, so I'm sorry if you feel that I was trying to steal your thunder... or something.

Anyway, I don't think they meant that literally (and if they did... well, I don't know what to say about that at this point).
Old 2014-08-27, 13:01   Link #6494
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior117 View Post
Walls of texts or not, I always do people a service of reading everything they write if it's addressed to me. But I'll keep this concise as best as I can on my end.

It's reasonable for you to make assumptions based on cultural standards. I just don't buy it myself personally that it's always the case. For me, it's the non-clarity on the Priest's words at the end that you quoted.

Also bowing isn't strictly East Asian culture. Many middle Eastern Cultures, and some Europeans also bow. The half bows that AKG does is actually more similar to the half bows that the other cultures do, than the full extent bows of Japanese culture.

Of course you're making blanket statements. Since when does an analysis nullify you from making generalizations? I know what you said about puppy love, so you don't need to correct people every time they bring up your generalizations. I was replying with the same generalization that I get the opposite impression. In this case, the whole point of this discussion is about generalizations since you're not going to get reliable statistics of any type.

Japanese on a whole ARE into more immature romance than Westerners. This is practically a Japanese phenomenon. Things like MOE culture, older women still acting and speaking like high school girls, men chasing young girls and the whole Loli craze etc.. that's something you can't dispute. So there are people who slip through the crack. That just means they are the exceptions to the rule and it doesn't mean that the generalization is wrong.

Most Japanese Anime and even Visual Novels with its high sex content have these expectations about their Romance 95% of the time: It's their first love, and they are virgins (mostly the girls) so there is a big support for that trope. That type of romance isn't anything like reality. First love can rarely be classified as anything but puppy love. Even young teens have kissed several people in real life. And who saves up for sex these days anymore? Not where I'm from. Just because you think it's shallow in right life, and isn't true love, doesn't mean it really matters in Fantasy. Mine's romantic feelings for Tatsumi is also for debate. Not just because she's only 14, this is her first romance and it came out of left field, but the writing for it is shoddy.

edit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Vol.9 - 37,121
Vol.10 - 52,214
Quote:
According to Anime News Network (can I post the link here?) Akame ga kill is in the top 30 (as of June). It's selling... ok (not the best; it could be better). From the previous months, (from January to May), it doesn't look like it's shown up anywhere (... except February 2013 and September 2012 (going outside my month range; could possibly mean no season 2 for the anime (but we're not talking about that) and possibly a cancellation of the manga (I don't want that to happen; please don't put words in my mouth))). I only skimmed though this, though, so I could be WAY off, but this the result of the research that I've done.
That's a shame. Anyhow thanks for looking it up. Yeah, Bankruptcy was probably the wrong choice of word.

Last edited by crunchytaco; 2014-08-27 at 13:19.
Old 2014-08-27, 14:07   Link #6495
Junior117

Quote:
Walls of texts or not, I always do people a service of reading everything they write if it's addressed to me. But I'll keep this concise as best as I can on my end.

It's reasonable for you to make assumptions based on cultural standards. I just don't buy it myself personally that it's always the case. For me, it's the non-clarity on the Priest's words at the end that you quoted.

Also bowing isn't strictly East Asian culture. Many middle Eastern Cultures, and some Europeans also bow. The half bows that AKG does is actually more similar to the half bows that the other cultures do, than the full extent bows of Japanese culture.

Of course you're making blanket statements. Since when does an analyzation nullify you from making generalizations? I know what you said about puppy love, so you don't need to correct people every time they bring up your generalizations. I was replying with the same generalization that I get the opposite impression. In this case, the whole point of this discussion is about generalizations since you're not going to get reliable statistics of any type.

Japanese on a whole ARE into more immature on romance than Westerners. This is practically a Japanese phenomenon. Things like MOE culture, older woman still acting and speaking like high school girls, men chasing young girls and the whole Loli craze etc.. that's something you can't dispute. So there are people who slip through the crack. That just means they are the exceptions to the rule and it doesn't mean that the generalization is wrong.

Most Japanese Anime and even Visual Novels with its high sex content have these expectations about their Romance: It's their first love, and they are virgins (mostly the girls) so there is a big support for that trope. Just because you think it's shallow in right life, and isn't true love, doesn't mean it really matters in Fantasy. Mine's romantic feelings for Tatsumi is also for debate. Not just because she's only 14, this is her first Romance and it came out of left field, but the writing for it is shoddy.
Thank you for your understanding.

While it's partly true that analysis can be biased, that doesn't it's always the case; also, your right: analyzation does NOT nullify me from making generalizations. However, if I may, I have stated, time and time again, that everything I say can go in the reverse (and I'm fine with that, as long as it makes sense). I don't think I need to say it again: I think you know this already.

Whether Mein's love with tatsumi can be debateable is one thing, but (and I'm basing this off of examples in other series), that sort of "first love" thing doesn't matter.

I'll... have to get back to you on that about how Japan is immature (I'll ask around). What I personally think is perception. Different countries think different things of each other.

I'll give you an example. I'm from Canada, but I've visited the US twice (New York and Seattle/Redmond). I expected them, since they are our neighbours, to know some things about Canada (like we Canadians have US history courses). I honestly didn't expect the number of people that had the wrong information about Canada (like how we say "eh" a lot (not true unless you live in Newfoundland; never met a Canadian that said that), or how they're not aware of Canadian dollars (*sigh), or how every successful (or used-to-be-successful) company is from the US (...). ANd a lot of them have degrees and such. By the way, I"M NOT SAYING THAT THEY ARE STUPID! My point is this: a group of people in one country may see another country differently then what the actual thing is. It may look like that in the surface, but that doesn't it's the norm (you could be constantly looking at a vocal minority). There are 140 million people in Japan (and unfortunately shrinking, but that's not the point). I'm not going to default into thinking that the majority are immature (in spite of your examples, until it's been proven otherwise). Yes, we'll probably never get a true statement since Japan will probably deny and everyone else will probably not believe them. But, we can't say we can't try to find out.

As for things like bowing, yes, it's not exclusive to Asia, but when people now look at bowing, it's much more common to see it as an Asian custom, since Europe doesn't entirely go through this custom (they do, but it's not as much as Asia; Japanese people bow on an average of 300 times a day and there are so many types of bows in Japan that mean different things (not an expert, so I could be wrong; don't quote me)). Also, ok, you can get away with Gosick and Unbreakable Machine-Doll (well, I think the latter was located in the UK and I don't know if bowing is a custom or not), but No Game No Life is not even of this world, and yet, Japanese cultures outside of Shiro and Sora exist to an extent, so I don't know about that). I'm only thinking about the shallow parts based on other examples in anime and manga that I've seen, read, and been told about.

I disagree that the West is not as mature though; Canada and the US has their fair share of immaturity. There are still pedofiles, cyberbulliying, porn (including the child kind), and other things that I won't mention just in case listing them can get me in trouble. I think that immaturity in the West (compared to Japan) is similar but just in a different angle.

Once again, I didn't say your points were stupid or anything (I always want to respect other opinions, like I said well in the beginning when I first posting in here). And I'm really, REALLY trying to be as unbiased as possible. But, I just don't see the opinion (and I'm sure you don't see mine, either, which is fine (and kind of preferred, because if everyone agreed to the same thing, we wouldn't be able to have discussions like this)).

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong; I'm not that immature and I'm not going to start complaining and attacking people and acting like a whiny little b... (well, you know) just because I'm wrong. I'll certainly be disappointed. I'll certainly morn (in a fake way, and for a few seconds). But I'm not going to go ape-crazy. It's a bunch of (mostly) un-coloured pictures on a few panels on a page (or, in the case of the anime, a bunch of coloured pictures being changed between 24-30 times per second in order to make the illusion of an animation (unless it has some CG, in which case, it's just some 3D models moving a certain way in between 24-30 frames per second)). It doesn't run my life, I don't care what happens (though, I'm interested in it), and I am (arguably) having more fun talking about it, then so much reading it (or watching it) since you all have great opinions about this series. So please, if you are, don't put me in the same group as those little crazies that ignore others opinion and shoves their own down people's throats (in fact, many times, I even backtrack some of my statements and end up agreeing with some of the opposing viewpoints). Because all I'm doing is to try to have a nice conversation. Is that too much to ask?

EDIT: after further research, I do have a source that some-what proves my point (for average number of bows), though I won't post the source link until I know that I'm allowed to by the forum rules.

Last edited by Junior117; 2014-08-27 at 14:32.
Old 2014-08-27, 14:50   Link #6496
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Lol, I think you are way over thinking things. I'm not concerned if you personally are right or wrong on this matter, but rather if the information itself has any relevancy. I'm sure anyone who wants to know is interested in these things.

I'll admit, I don't know much about Canada myself. But you won't catch me being an idiot, committing faux passes about cultures I don't know about. I may have lived in the US my entire life, but I also have a foreign lineage that people here commit errors on a daily basis. At least you only have to endure it when you visit here.

Also I'm no connoisseur of every day Japanese culture. but I know my fair share about its Otaku culture and the relations it has with the rest of Japan. I know enough to talk about it.

There is no debate that the US has its share of deviants. Pedophilia, murder, rape - But that isn't a societal norms here. Violence and guns perhaps. You can call that whatever you want. It still doesn't negate Japanese's view of romance.

But you're getting really caught up in the judgmental side of things. Immature is just my objective way of how I see Japan responds to romance. I don't object to it all of it myself and enjoy its purity in some ways.

In the entertainment industry in Japan it's practically become a fad, and showing up in our Japanese anime. I'm not really for this next part by the way. There is a trend of underage girls (mostly decked out in bikinis) for adult magazines in Japan ; and 2D loli is acceptable in otaku culture. Most otakus into 2D lolis make the distinction that 2D doesn't equal pedophilia.

In the West, these things aren't acceptable. They'd sooner burn down any gas stations that carry underage magazines and go to jail than let it become fashionable.

I'm not trying to attach judgment to anything here. I'm just calling it how I see it.

The way I see it, both Esdeath and Mine are puppies; and Tatsumi decided on Mine. Esdeath is just an older puppy who's yet to blossom. Who knows? Her infatuation might blossom into something more in the future.
Old 2014-08-27, 15:33   Link #6497
Junior117

Quote:

I never said it negated Japan view of romance (in the otaku sense). I never made an absolute statement like that. I've always (with one or two exceptions) never say something that has an absolute statement (though, if you do find one, please let me know so I can either explain my reasoning or apologize and backtrack the statement). Since I was very young, I've always tried to understand Japan and even tried (and still trying, though unsuccessfully) to learn Japanese. I will never talk about a topic that I don't know at least enough information to not make me look like an idiot unless I specifically state that I don't know any kind of information.

I'm... not too sure how I'm over-thinking things; I just stated my opinion, then I say that this could all be false, but we'll see in future issues. I WILL say that I might be over-acting to people thinking that I'm a delinquent who shoves opinions of mine down people's throats. People here probably think of me as a weird person who's excessively apologetic (which is equally as bad and annoying, I know: I'm aware of that, but that's my personality and it's hard to get rid of).

We both have different opinions. That's fine. I just don't see yours, and you don't see mine. That's fine. I understand where you're coming from, and you may understand where I'm coming from.

Anyway, to not diverge from the topic topic much, based on the logic I've expressed, based on the information that's been given to me, based on all the romance anime/manga I've seen, and based on the patterns that I'm seeing so far, Tatsumi's relationship with Mein is probably not going to break, and Tatsumi's chances are not in her favour, but my opinions extend to the fact that I could be wrong, and no one (except the author) knows, and we'll eventually know by the absolute end of the series (unless it gets cancelled, which I hope doesn't happen). If different opinions exist, then I'm fine with that.
Old 2014-08-27, 16:11   Link #6498
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I never said it negated Japan view of romance (in the otaku sense). I never made an absolute statement like that...
My point was, you bringing up deviant behavior in America neither supported nor disproved anything about Japanese romance. In other words, it wasn't relevant. That's because I wasn't making a judgmental pass about any countries.

Quote:
I'm... not too sure how I'm over-thinking things; I just stated my opinion, then I say that this could all be false, but we'll see in fu...
Opinions are opinions. Simply, I was offering them because I thought it would ease your worries. Though I only do it once so you won't hear me make any more personal comments.
Old 2014-08-27, 16:15   Link #6499
Junior117

Quote:
My point was, you bringing up deviant behavior in America neither supported nor disproved anything about Japanese romance. In other words, it wasn't relevant. That's because I wasn't making a judgmental pass about any countries.
That's fine. I'm just saying that, if it exists in my example, then it can logically exist in here (keyword: can, not will). I should have explained it further, which I could do now, but that would mean, yet, another long post, which I won't torture others with (you may like it, but I'm trying to be considerate of others).

Quote:
Opinions are opinions. Simply, I was offering them because I thought it would ease your worries. Though I only do it once so you won't hear me make any more personal comments.
I understand. Thank you for the explanation.

------

On a completely separate note, I was wondering: what of the danger beasts? Are we going to see the end of these things before the end of the series? Or is the population going to get down to a "controlled and 'safe'" number? I'm leaning on the latter (it'd probably be impossible due to the high number), but I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion on the matter.

Last edited by Junior117; 2014-08-27 at 16:27.
Old 2014-08-27, 19:16   Link #6500
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
On a completely separate note, I was wondering: what of the danger beasts? Are we going to see the end of these things before the end of the series? Or is the population going to get down to a "controlled and 'safe'" number? I'm leaning on the latter (it'd probably be impossible due to the high number), but I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion on the matter.
Dangerbeasts apparently can mate with humans and breed Holy Leaders like the Path of Peace.

They are quite capable species and not just brainless beasts like I thought.

Do they have a society of their own?

Will Danger Beasts start asking for human rights?

Will they oppress humanity?

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!