AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: SR Second Term Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 44 53.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 20.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-05, 09:58   Link #101
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

And second of all don't forget that
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Wow School Rumble is a comedy?? O_o;;
Or that's what I and some people think it is. The low or no character development might be a side effect of the overall comedy theme of the anime. So if the author didn't focus into the romantic/dramatic side further in the remaining episodes (or even in season 3) the ending would either be:

1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uruchai
that Harima will end up with Tenma after all.
And that would happen by this action/event
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedukshun
i also think he'll call yakumo to help him again with the manga and perhaps this time he'll ask tenma (by mistake) to help also...and then she suddenly realises he likes her or something weird...
Or something like that lol.

2)The auther could choose the easier way and give it an open ending like in season 1. By that, a 3rd season might come into the spot. And it'll propapbly be more into the drama/romance side to wrap up the story smoothly.

Back to the ep17, As some of the earlier posts said, I enjoyed watching Eri's otherside. And the flashbacks were really nice! Also Harima's otherside (or just his new look) was really great too (he looked like some guy in Captain Tsubasa). Finally, the finishing drop-kickuu~ was AWSOME!! i never had a good laugh in a while. Spicing it up with the racoonXhanai scene made me give it a 9/10. Not as good as the previous episodes but it was something
Old 2006-08-05, 10:59   Link #102
biomy

i just have a question though, who here is actually following the manga and who is just watching the anime and trying too hard to anticipate what follows
Old 2006-08-05, 11:37   Link #103
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru
2)The auther could choose the easier way and give it an open ending like in season 1. By that, a 3rd season might come into the spot. And it'll propapbly be more into the drama/romance side to wrap up the story smoothly.
i dnt think that there is a hight chance of a 3rd season...cause it would just become repetitive and SR would lose its sparkle as a comedy...maybe if it doesnt end this season a short ova could wrap it up better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru
Finally, the finishing drop-kickuu~ was AWSOME!! i never had a good laugh in a while.
it was more like a "throat stabb" aimed to kill ofc

biomy ~ im one who is trying to anticipate wht happens next seen as i havent read the manga...maybe ill go read it after the season's done but why you ask?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-05, 11:58   Link #104
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Well, this discussion thread is for the anime not the manga, so we should try to leave the manga out of this. And who knows the anime could take a different path from the manga

And personally, i'd like a 3rd season that's more into the drama/romance.
Old 2006-08-05, 12:45   Link #105
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
My biggest issue is that everyone keeps saying "it's a comedy! not a romance". I completely understand that. The fact is though, they keep reproducing the same jokes. It's slowly but surely losing its flare.

I'd love a 3rd season that focused on drama/roamance, but that'd never happen. :-/
Old 2006-08-05, 12:56   Link #106
allenlcy
pimp,retired

Send a message via MSN to allenlcy
school rumble is partially romance but the some characters like tenma mostly spoil the hot parts, harima sreiously is suitable for eri but what's come to harima's senses of loving tenma

she's like a laughing stock of the movie, funny,but often spoils the fun..sad
looking forward to term 3 too
Old 2006-08-05, 13:25   Link #107
kauldron26
Med Student

yo xinil, we're on the same wave length... i got so frustrated that i read the manga from where this episode stopped (ch 154) up until the most recent ch 188, and the stories are still the same shit that revolve around misconceptions, misinformation and confusion. Yet no development any where in sight. can u believe this shit?? A third season will just kill this series because after 52 episodes of the same formula, it will just end up being generic.

what is the point of a romantic anime with a comedy plot that does not lead anywhere??

and for all the "its-not-a-romance-anime-its-a-comedy-anime" people, what is the point of a comedy anime with a romance plot that goes no where??

im officially off the boat, especially now that i know that the future episodes dont mean shit, unless they deviate form the manga.
Old 2006-08-05, 14:40   Link #108
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26
can u believe this shit?? A third season will just kill this series because after 52 episodes of the same formula, it will just end up being generic.
True but what if the 3rd season lost it's comedy element and focused more on finishing each faction.

Also please leave the manga out of this, many anime are nothing compared to their mangas
Old 2006-08-05, 15:16   Link #109
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinil
My biggest issue is that everyone keeps saying "it's a comedy! not a romance". I completely understand that. The fact is though, they keep reproducing the same jokes. It's slowly but surely losing its flare.

I'd love a 3rd season that focused on drama/roamance, but that'd never happen. :-/
thats exactally wht i mean...and why is it just comedy and no romance? cnt it be both? >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-05, 17:17   Link #110
biomy

weeaboo anime-only types

the anime for school rumble has for the most part consistently followed the manga more or less and it's just vexing to have to witness people wondering what's to come when the answer is right there under the noses of your dental plans
Old 2006-08-05, 17:33   Link #111
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
thats exactally wht i mean...and why is it just comedy and no romance? cnt it be both? >.<
^I guess it could be both, but if there is one saving grace...It's the fact that it's consistently been the way it has been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron
What is the point of a romantic anime with a comedy plot that does not lead anywhere??

and for all the "its-not-a-romance-anime-its-a-comedy-anime" people, what is the point of a comedy anime with a romance plot that goes no where??
I don't know, how bout you look up the 3 million anime titles that use this same technique since anime really is just a tool for manga in Japan (for the most part)...

Nobody said it isn't frustrating to some degree, but would you buy a box of Rice Krispies hoping when you opened it there were Cocoa Puffs inside? My point is it's not like you don't know School Rumble is a comedy (and it's not a light- romantic comedy, it's an outrages spoof comedy)...Like everyone else I have my favorite pairings and characters I root for more than others (Although I'm no fanclone), but at the end of the day i watch the show because it's funny with some enjoyable characters (and a mix of action at times)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenlcy
school rumble is partially romance but the some characters like tenma mostly spoil the hot parts, harima sreiously is suitable for eri but what's come to harima's senses of loving tenma

she's like a laughing stock of the movie, funny,but often spoils the fun..sad
looking forward to term 3 too
Well I'd say starts the fun before spoils it...There's a reason Tenma is the first character in the credits and promotional items for the show...I think it's clear that her and Harima are the 2 main characters (regardless of who gets more character development than her as it points to the heart of the show relying on her comedy)Trust me there was a time where Tenma got on my nerves, but at this point in the show's history I've finally begun to appreciate what a good character she really is...She is asked to carry the show at times with just her comedy and when she's clicking it can be brilliant like episode 15 when she was like a skit-show actress showing every level of her comedic value...If you want Tenma to dissapear and no longer impact the show in her intended comedic role I'd suggest brain therapy....It ain't gonna happen, unless SR creaters pull a Gundam SEED Destiny and totally take the show away from her (Which I give a snowflakes chance in Equador of happening)...
Old 2006-08-08, 21:30   Link #112
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
Fruits Basket!!! Why the heck didn't that have more? I need to look that up

I totally second that
Old 2006-08-08, 21:37   Link #113
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
first let me say i loved the episode Eri cute side was great i really dont want to call it her cute side i want to say her real self since i thinks thats how she really is when she is not putting a front for everyone. The same Harima he was not as defenisve as he woulf normally be if Eri knew who he really was. The whole temple scene was cool they had great chemistry and despite the fact that Eri didnt know it was really Harima the got along great and even Harima calmed down after a while. I was a big Yakumo supporter for a while but after going back and watching some of the eps again im going to have to change to Eri i pulling for that ending. Really anyone would be find as long as its not tenma

Now for the bashing i am going to agree with a lot of people that the series has no growth. everything just goes round and round or GURU GURU. I am kind of sick of watching him agonize over how to confess. Granted this is comedy with romantic elements but damn. The only way i would want to see a third season is if they are really going to advance the story a long and make something happen but for what it is its a great series
Old 2010-07-07, 23:39   Link #114
hitenlee

PERFECT episode for me...
Closed Thread