AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-26, 15:24   Link #4141
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Currently playing....P3P! Highly addictive and pretty damn good for a guy who's been playing in reverse order (SMT: Digital Devil Saga -> SMT: Nocturne -> SMT: Persona -> P3P).

Pretty standard personae to pick from, although one does pique my interest...why in all of creation can you make Uriel out of a low-level triangle fusion!? I mean, I'm barely LV19, enjoying my new cards and heart items...and the game is like, "but lookie here, you could be rocking with THIS LV60+ DUDE!". Which, of course, is impossible until I hit that level

Anyway, being able to take a huge break from Tartarus or the city makes this an awesome mix of two games; a dungeon crawler and a dating sim. Oddly enough, all the guys are crawling over me while the girls are either hard to approach or require insane stats to go home with you o_0

No matter, with 5 months ahead of me, I shall conquer them all
Word to the wise: jealousy is a thing in that particular game. Also the sequel on the Vita (Persona 4: The Golden) is one of the best games of the genre I've ever played if not the absolute best (for me).
Old 2014-08-27, 03:07   Link #4142
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

this is the time of the year where i re-play a "old" game.....so...

....time for "planescape:torment" *yay*
Old 2014-08-27, 09:10   Link #4143
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Word to the wise: jealousy is a thing in that particular game.
If the ramen guy gets jealous because I'm going out with the guy from the kendo club and the student council dude...I'm telling his teacher :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 19:15   Link #4144
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Currently playing Vector Thrust on PC, its basically a homage to the Ace Combat games with cell shaded style graphics. It even has that light sci-fi twist (flying aircraft carriers and the like) that the AC series is famous for.

Its currently on steam early access so its a work in process at the moment, but that said its coming along nicely and theres close to 200 planes to choose from so far (some real wacky ones too) as well as a mission editor.

It hasn't been out long but already has a flurry of ace combat inspired mods, from paint schemes, sound packs and even well known fictional planes from series.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 19:25   Link #4145
Cyprene

That looks really sweet. I'll check it out once it's a little further along.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 06:53   Link #4146
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Atelier Rorona

I have continuously put off on playing it first even after the blind purchase on the PS3 because of everyone saying how bad it is. Then I bought a new version on PS Vita and played and absolutely addicted to it. This is kind of game I would like more. Granted, there are a few other things that made me like this particular game other than the general fun factor and non-existent plot.
Old 2014-09-08, 18:31   Link #4147
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

ps4 - Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition
comments: like how this game's graphic is pretty nice and that frame rate is sweet as well; very
smooth. i play a demon hunter first since that was my main back on the PC days.
i gotten her to ACT 5 just yesterday. playing the game on the "expert" difficulty and
she is about level 50 right now. hopefully i can finish off act 5 soon and get into the
adventure mode, in which i don't even know what it's about yet. then when i gear
up and bore with the DH, i'll start on the Crusader, Sorcerer, and Barbarian.

ps4 - Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
comments: play about 10 hrs. of this game so far. i'm liking Sophitia and Nu Wa. they're my main for use.
Sophitia has a really nice running animation (showing her panty...and stuffs). the graphic gotten
updated a little bit...i don't have two t.v. to compare so...not too sure. the frame rate is decent.
i get some slow down every now and then, but it's not game breaking. Sophitia is the best
character added for me so far. love her design, character, and everything about her. ^ ^

vita - Disgaea 4
comments: beaten the game the other day. i power leveled my Tyrant Val too much.
he's like around level 3500 when i first beaten the game for the first time. i'm on
post game right now and already gotten all the dlc characters. Tyrant Val is the most
overpowered in the game right now. his stats are over the top. him and my prier, galaxy
mage, Pram, & Stella are my power up characters right now. i'm already a little tire on the grinding in this game
and taking a little break from it... :P

vita - Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
comments: been playing this game for about 20 hrs. i gotten to floor 82. been doing a lot
of hollow area and implementation. gosh, the dating in this game is just so awkward.
i usually like playing the multiplayer "solo" version of this game. it's fun bringing your
partner character and 3 others along to kick asses. right now, i'm just waiting on
the patch on the 23th before i continue on with this game again.
Old 2014-09-17, 18:34   Link #4148
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I picked up Dishonored again (this time on PC) while it was on sale along with its addons, its a terrific games and probably one of my favorites of recent years.

Managed to finish it without being spotted or killing a singled person (even key targets) and although that sounds like it would be tedious and time consuming it really isn't, since the gameplay is so refined/tight and the levels so well thought out that exploring the alternatives is incredibly satisfying and rewarding.

The 2 Daud addons are really great too, and I really liked how your actions in the main game as Corvo effect Dauds circumstances while playing from his perspective, especially the ending.

Its worth picking up if you haven't already.

Old 2014-09-19, 13:22   Link #4149
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
although that sounds like it would be tedious and time consuming it really isn't,
I disagree.... but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
since the gameplay is so refined/tight and the levels so well thought out that exploring the alternatives is incredibly satisfying and rewarding.
I agree...

Basically going stealth and without murdering it is quite tedious and time consuming but at the same time quite rewarding and refined, that there are so many ways of doing it and you can always do it the way you want to, its simply epic to see that time spent come to fruition.
Old 2014-09-19, 19:54   Link #4150
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

It doesn't have to be time consuming and tedious, if you fully utilize multiple powers together and use some creative thinking you can work your way through an area undetected quite quickly. Its really only completing the objectives (especially non-lethal) that require a bit of patients and planning.

That said I found the exploration genuinely fun so I didn't really navigate any areas quickly unless I was back tracking.

Old 2014-09-20, 00:44   Link #4151
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Well as said i didn't meant the tedious and time consuming in a bad way, rather i was referring to their more positive side . But yes explorations and routes where unbelievable in this game.
Old 2014-10-05, 00:57   Link #4152
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I recently completed Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS3), so now I'm back to playing Prototype (PS3).
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 01:14   Link #4153
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After finishing P3P and half-assing the second cycle because it's unbelievably easy, I picked up P4AU on my PS3. Definitely one of the toughest fighting games I've played, the auto-combo function doesn't exactly help because it's easy to block and finishes with an HP-draining move on most characters.

Still, the story looks intriguing, so here I come!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 23:05   Link #4154
everwhiteraven

Tales of Xillia 2. I'm currently on my second playthrough... I was going to use my second playthrough to make things challenging (unknown diff) until I get to end game and switch over to something easier if i get overwhelmed, but I screwed myself over.

I ended up using 10x Exp, Double Time and Damge for weakness combos among some other grade shop options. The beginning of the game was amazing. Everything took a long time to kill so I could do some decent combo strings...

But then the 10x exp caught up to me and its almost easier than the first time around. Things do hit very hard, but once you get them into a few combos, its over.

I was intending to move on after this playthrough, but I might play a little bit of a third playthrough.
everwhiteraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 02:00   Link #4155
dazo

rome total war surrectum mods and manhunt (pc) here
Old 2014-10-06, 06:31   Link #4156
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEA server) [PC], Malicious [PS3], and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory [PS3]

Been quite slow in grinding for PSO2. Currently lv. 45 as hunter and still haven't cleared the very hard difficulty

Malicious gave me quite a headache as it's quite difficult especially when hunting for the trophies. Still not able to defeat any boss swiftly, especially that mad queen so my ranks are still at B or A range.

Currently on quest to get the normal and good endings for Neptunia Victory as they're the only remaining trophies to clear for getting the platinum. Been grinding the lily ranks past week and it doesn't take that long with the help of CD chips.

Don't really get many chance to play lately....
Old 2014-10-08, 09:09   Link #4157
Reverzer0
Sleeping

A borrowed Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands and Devil May Cry 4 lol",
Old 2014-10-09, 13:46   Link #4158
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Playing Warframe,Path of Exile (Rampage & Standard league) and Dark souls 2 if anyone wants to do some co-op just pm me and I will add you on steam.
Old 2014-10-09, 15:53   Link #4159
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

PC
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Fifa 15
Anno 2070 (ocasionally)

PS3
Fairy Fencer F

--

SW:TOR being where I spend most of my online time. Grabbed Fairy Fencer F today and played for a couple minutes; It seems fun, but I've always had a distaste for games where I'm only allowed to save at certain points (at least in dungeons). Still, I'll play it for a few hours before I pass judgement.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 03:25   Link #4160
dazo

for certain circumstances, i am replaying kotor 1 (fu you solari crystal!! and fu you too ea/bioware )
T-T

..I am never going to accept that!! ......never...

Last edited by dazo; 2014-10-10 at 03:38.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote