AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 17:44   Link #441
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
To not switch out the fifth card out on a double pair when playing Poker is either incredibly stupid... or Itsuki was trying to lose. I'm not sure which possibility I'm more comfortable with.
Hasn't it been obvious that Koizumi is either A: not trying to win or even B: trying to lose when he plays games against Kyon? Nobody's that bad.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:47   Link #442
User89254
Disabled By Request

Yes, he's referring to Kyonko or Kyoli or Kyon-chan.

Well, you never know.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:15   Link #443
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
It isn't September yet?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-09, 19:18   Link #444
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe going though Mikuru's crying is hard? (or all that on screen text at the end)

On the other hand I did spot a fake version that was subbed all they way to the final cafe scene. Everything goes as normal until you see Haruhi is just about to dissapear, then it cuts (very smoothly because the dramatic music end at that point) to the closing of the sliding door from Episode 7 and ends with homework not complete, Kyon doesn't care. Roll ending theme and credits. If someone didn't know what the ending really was, that would piss them off and make them expect another Endless Eight this week.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:22   Link #445
User89254
Disabled By Request

Ohgog. Where did you find this? I wanna see.

But then there would be suspicion, given that the summer events went much faster than usual (in order to cram for the ending)...

When they say September they mean the DVD comes out in September. They've been releasing episodes.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:28   Link #446
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It was on youtube someplace I think. The easiest way to find things is a search and a bit of patience. (also assume it was posted within the last week helps narrow the search).

I think I saw the ending to Endless Eight subbed someplace else. Again just with a search.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:33   Link #447
Nudvik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
It would be a huge mindscrew if Mikuru was the one that betrays everyone!
From my interpretation I see that as being FAR more likely than anything else. I don't think she's some kind of super devious mastermind, as I've seen suggested though. I think she's more of a helpless puppet, a pawn if you will. She's not completely innocent however, and it's always appeared to me that her primary objective is to use Kyon to ensure her future at any cost. Something Kyon seems to suspect himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Uh. That really isn't the point of the story though. It's about Kyon realizing that yes, he does value the crazy life he had with the SOS Brigade.
Agreed, but it's also used to display that Yuki has a strong desire to become a normal person, and that she has romantic feelings for Kyon. I believe the reason he was offered a way out is because Yuki respects his wishes and wouldn't want to force anything on him. The primary point of the story is to show that Kyon is full of shit and is desperately tsundere for Haruhi though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
However, let us redirect the romantic speculations more onto the new Character, Slider-tan. Was her call to Kyon simply an impulse to "hear sempai's voice", or was it to ensure Sasaki got a busy signal in that plotline, thus preventing the meeting with the Anti-SOS Brigade, and the events which follow?
Hmm, I never actually considered that. I must admit I've not given this a huge amount of thought, but the likelihood of her being an agent with ulterior motives isn't exactly far-fetched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
The Death of Haruhi Suzumiya believes the slider (keep in mind, this was written before novel 9 came out) has something to do with the mysterious circuit found in Intrigues.
I've been wondering when this will show up in the novels again. From what I can recall, very few hints are given as to what it's possible origins could be. All that is said is that it's made of an unknown alloy and that it has been buried for many hundreds of years. Based on this last piece of information it seems likely to be related to the time-travellers in some way, since a slider shouldn't be able to travel back in time.
There is of course the possibility that the slide took them to a world which had developed at a much slower pace. Giving the device the appearance of being from the future.
At the moment I am leaning away from it being a relic of a TT faction, simply because we have already had multiple important dealings with devices pertinent to their presence in this time-frame. It's not really evidence against, but to me it seems like a useful device to foreshadow and eventually include another faction into the mix.

There's also the matter of it being in the possession of Tsuruya, whom I believe to be an important and powerful figure. I don't believe she has any dark designs for the SOS brigade, but that isn't necessarily true for the rest of her clan. How this piece of alloy will be used, or if it will merely be another unexplained mystery I don't really know.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:43   Link #448
User89254
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

I think I saw the ending to Endless Eight subbed someplace else. Again just with a search.
Yes, yes, Mazui subbed it. However, I'm not much for Mazui. They use .mkv, and a particular type of .mkv my computer doesn't like. a.f.k. uses .avi.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:49   Link #449
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post

I don't know why, but I keep thinking that "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" was really symbolic of a war that happens between the humans of the Future and the "Aliens" and the Espers in the Organization were caught in the middle. It's only when the Espers finally ally themselves with the people of the Future that the aliens are defeated (and I think the Mikuru beam is symbolic for all the high-tech weaponry used against the aliens to defeat them). I bring this up because I keep thinking that this might be the catastrophe that ruins the damn ships (me being pessamistic again).

Has this possibility been discussed before? Just wondering.
I liked the idea that the Time Traveller & Alien factions are just future versions of the Organization.

If the TT faction is the future version of the Organization

Then the Alien faction is just from further in the future where all humans have acsended/evolved into an energy based life form or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Delayed once. They delayed it from June to an "unspecified future date".

The fact that the releases were three months apart suggest to me that the storyline was originally one huge book... and that the publisher made Tanigawa cut it down. You cannot write an entire book in three months.

I have no idea what happened to it since.
Don't you know? kodakawa sent it to the alternate Beta world/dimension where it was not delayed and released on it's announced release date where every Haruhi-Fan has reed and enjoyed it's secrets.

compared to our world where we have spent 3 years (just a guess dunno how many years to be honest) speculating on all possible scenarios that may happen.

EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene
Yes, yes, Mazui subbed it. However, I'm not much for Mazui. They use .mkv, and a particular type of .mkv my computer doesn't like. a.f.k. uses .avi.
Have you heard of Klite-codecs and solves many of your video format playing problems
Old 2009-08-09, 19:51   Link #450
User89254
Disabled By Request

I use codecs. They solve most .mkv however Mazui does not like me.
Old 2009-08-10, 01:14   Link #451
Nudvik

Ohh, I remembered a piece of evidence that seems to reflect the true physical desires of the SOS Brigade.
It's from the part of Snow Mountain Syndrome where the gang all get an oddly behaving visitor in their rooms after they separate. You can pretty much judge from the embarrassed reactions that all of the visits were sexual in nature. I was mainly thinking of this as a sign that Itsuki does view Kyon in a romantic fashion, indicated not only by the visit, but also his reaction to it.

Quote:
Koizumi touches the tip of his nose, and gives me a strange look along with a very awkward smile.
Koizumi heads to my direction.
"I, as well."
He stares right at my face.
"You appeared in my room as well. The appearance might have been you, but the behaviour was just terrifying... anyways, you did things that you wouldn't do."
I'd like to point out that I believe the reason Itsuki finds this frightening is that he is a very logical, observant and intelligent person. He knows best of all that Kyon would never behave in an overtly sexual manner towards him, and would immediately recognise it as being very out of place.

Actually, the most interesting revelation in this scene comes from Mikuru, who has a very strange visit... None other than Haruhi herself!

Quote:
Asahina-san blushes. Did I appear before her? Just as I assume that to be the case-
"Suzumiya-san came into my room."
Her fingers are caught together and move uneasily.
"That strange Suzumiya-san... I don't know how to describe it, was like a fake..."
Now that I actually think about it, this makes a lot of sense. Mikuru is a lesbian!
Old 2009-08-10, 01:20   Link #452
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... If only Kaisos were around
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-10, 01:22   Link #453
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudvik View Post
Ohh, I remembered a piece of evidence that seems to reflect the true physical desires of the SOS Brigade.
It's from the part of Snow Mountain Syndrome where the gang all get an oddly behaving visitor in their rooms after they separate. You can pretty much judge from the embarrassed reactions that all of the visits were sexual in nature. I was mainly thinking of this as a sign that Itsuki does view Kyon in a romantic fashion, indicated not only by the visit, but also his reaction to it.

I'd like to point out that I believe the reason Itsuki finds this frightening is that he is a very logical, observant and intelligent person. He knows best of all that Kyon would never behave in an overtly sexual manner towards him, and would immediately recognise it as being very out of place.

Actually, the most interesting revelation in this scene comes from Mikuru, who has a very strange visit... None other than Haruhi herself!

Now that I actually think about it, this makes a lot of sense. Mikuru is a lesbian!
Who visited Kyon? I haven't read this section of the novels yet. I would think that whichever one of the three girls visited Kyon could indicate quite a bit about who'll win the shipping wars...
Old 2009-08-10, 01:25   Link #454
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:

Oh, it is good to point that who visited who, when put in a diagram, make a 4. And this was important latter.

However, Mikuru's behavior was suspicious. Blushing and moving fingers... She has more hints about feelings for Kyon, though.

Triple, Mukuru visited Kyon. But he always have lust for her, so it doesn't say much as the implication that Itsuki has lust for Kyon or Mikuru for Haruhi.
Old 2009-08-10, 01:28   Link #455
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Who visited Kyon? I haven't read this section of the novels yet. I would think that whichever one of the three girls visited Kyon could indicate quite a bit about who'll win the shipping wars...
Kyon got Mikuru, Mikuru got Haruhi, everyone else got Kyon. There is a reason for this, but it doesn't help shipping any.

*e* Bah, beaten to it. What happens when I don't bother making absolutely sure.
Old 2009-08-10, 01:44   Link #456
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Kyon got Mikuru, Mikuru got Haruhi, everyone else got Kyon. There is a reason for this, but it doesn't help shipping any.
Haruhi getting Kyon instead of Mikuru is interesting... it indicates that she's more straight than lesbian, and that Kyon is her guy. How did she react to Kyon visiting her?

Very clever of the writer to not have a situation where either pair of characters get each other (i.e. Mikuru gets Haruhi, and Haruhi gets Mikuru)

However, Mikuru getting Haruhi... that may put Kyon/Mikuru out of the running. At the very least, it means Mikuru is more lesbian than straight - not good for Kyon/Mikuru likelihood.

Thanks to you and Heatth for the info.
Old 2009-08-10, 01:46   Link #457
Nudvik

Quote:
Who visited Kyon?
Mikuru, who is obviously his idea of the ideal female. He drools over her enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Oh, it is good to point that who visited who, when put in a diagram, make a 4. And this was important latter.

However, Mikuru's behavior was suspicious. Blushing and moving fingers... She has more hints about feelings for Kyon, though.

Triple, Mukuru visited Kyon. But he always have lust for her, so it doesn't say much as the implication that Itsuki has lust for Kyon or Mikuru for Haruhi.
Well yes, the visits were indeed part of the puzzle, but I still think it was intended to reflect the desires of the gang. Mikuru always does seem to squeal a little too hard when Haruhi is fondling her
If the point was merely to provide them a piece of the solution, I'm sure she could have done it in many different ways. Mikuru being a lesbian, hehehe. I'm never gonna be able to stop thinking that now.
Old 2009-08-10, 01:51   Link #458
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Haruhi getting Kyon instead of Mikuru is interesting... it indicates that she's more straight than lesbian, and that Kyon is her guy. How did she react to Kyon visiting her?

Very clever of the writer to not have a situation where either pair of characters get each other (i.e. Mikuru gets Haruhi, and Haruhi gets Mikuru)

However, Mikuru getting Haruhi... that may put Kyon/Mikuru out of the running. At the very least, it means Mikuru is more lesbian than straight - not good for Kyon/Mikuru likelihood.

Thanks to you and Heatth for the info.
As I said, it was a part of a puzzle. It is not that reliable. Also, it is implied it was Nagato who did it, so may be her impressions of who wants who.

You are welcome. But you should read then already. Is not as fun if you know everything beforehand.

Quote:
Well yes, the visits were indeed part of the puzzle, but I still think it was intended to reflect the desires of the gang. Mikuru always does seem to squeal a little too hard when Haruhi is fondling her
If the point was merely to provide them a piece of the solution, I'm sure she could have done it in many different ways. Mikuru being a lesbian, hehehe. I'm never gonna be able to stop thinking that now.
Maybe. I understand this point of view and even agree. It is just not sure. No reliable enough.

In future, people transcended gender. Mikuru is, actually, transsexual
Old 2009-08-10, 01:57   Link #459
Nudvik

It's true that it could merely be Yuki's opinions on the subject. Maybe she even stuck Mikuru with Haruhi for the lulz.
I suppose the only one who's feelings are surely represented by this are Yuki's herself, but she's pretty damn astute and has had several hundred years to get to know them. So I'm inclined to trust her judgement about who is most attracted to whom :P

On that subject, I'm certain Haruhi is bi, or at least bi-curious. I can only imagine how she'd have reacted if she'd gotten a visit from Mikuru-chan!
Old 2009-08-10, 02:01   Link #460
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Well, the thing is, the doubles were all acting in a way that clearly wasn't like them. Haruhi would've been freaked out by, say, an assertive Mikuru.
Closed Thread