AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 20:39   Link #1041
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i dont understand the last part of the battle,in order to use that sword technique it disable the shield and somehow got zero,so how does ichika suppose to win with that move?
Old 2011-01-14, 20:43   Link #1042
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
i dont understand the last part of the battle,in order to use that sword technique it disable the shield and somehow got zero,so how does ichika suppose to win with that move?
I assume it won't automatically goes into zero, it just takes a huge amount of energy (due it still not being completely finished). Maybe if it goes from almost 100% (Ichika hasn't suffered any hit beforehand) there will be enough energy for that. Besides, that's just a limitation from the school, in real combat he would've win anyway.
Old 2011-01-14, 20:45   Link #1043
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Quote:
Maybe later one he wil be able to choose how much energy he transferes from his shield to his sword.

And another thing If that Sword gets powered up with the Energy of the shield doesn't it become more or less useless if you have just 50 shield energy "points"? left and it becomes kinda useless because his suit started of somewhere around the 600 or something right ?

But since he'll probably be fighting 1 on 1 matches I don't think that should become much of a problem...
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 20:59   Link #1044
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Class Representative Selection Match

So, far the show is doing well for me.

The second episode delved on explanations of how users should take in considerations their IS specs and weaponry before approaching matches. We also got chance to hear about Houki's sister being the original creator to the IS technology.
Being one of the first mysteries that Shinono-hakase refused to keep on producing more IS cores, so the world-wide status-quo as of the recent timeline within the series is currently 467 IS distributed throughout the world nations.

The other mystery being that Shinono-hakase disappeared, and no whereabouts have been found about her.

The sparring match was average but was rich, first, at instructing basic spec information regarding the IS formatting configuration, weapon system, and the special Shield Nullifying effect.

I'm not a technological engineer, mathematician, or physicist about this type of particular mecha, sci-fi field, but in my opinion I feel that the effects of the Shield Nullifying to convert defensive capability into offensive power would suit best against IS types dealing in close-ranged combat, rather than those specializing in long-range attacks, Cecilia's Blue Tears IS which is a sniper-type, to as an example.

Spoiler:

I'm barely an amateur-inductee into this universe, since basically I know Nothing about the novels and the manga, so please have on me a little patience as I get to know more about this universe.

If anyone likes to talk to me more in-depth or to explain in full details about IS, you're welcome to send a PM or talk in the IS manga thread in AnimeSuki.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 21:23   Link #1045
Shyne

Okay now there seems to be some more substance after episode 2. I haven't read the seires just watching

Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 21:26   Link #1046
Asuras
Dictadere~!

If I could have an IS, it'd be outfitted with the most powerful weapon you can possibly think of, all in the name of a flashy attack sequence.

Of course I'd have incredible aim too.
Old 2011-01-14, 21:49   Link #1047
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Hopefully this won't be one of those "you beat me I fall in love" deals. They usually make little sense. Unless of course it is caused by that feeling of protection from a man you know is stronger than you, but then again, what anime girl ever actually falls for guys for reasons other than kindness?
Ah, but this is that classic love story - boy beats snobby girl in mecha combat, girl masturbates about boy in shower, love blooms. It's as old as romance...

I still enjoy this, mostly because it knows exactly what it wants to do and does it well. A nicely executed take on a genre - especially a genre not that well represented lately - is a good thing even if it is a bundle of cliches.

I also like the fact that Ichika is already insulating himself from the drearily predictable "spineless male lead" charges - he's quite forceful and assertive with Houki, and his speech about protecting his family's honor just before he almost whupped Cecilia was almost Kamina quality.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 21:58   Link #1048
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I really love Houki's tsundereness this episode. Especially with that voice, still reminding me of Shino from SYD. And she's hot.
Ichika definitely a guy with pride and someone who's not backing down from a challenge. And he's not also a person who is a "sore loser". Got my respect.
Cecilia got hit by a Cupid's bow.
Next episode, twintails, though Houki's hair is a hybrid, a ponytwintail.
Old 2011-01-14, 22:00   Link #1049
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
And another thing If that Sword gets powered up with the Energy of the shield doesn't it become more or less useless if you have just 50 shield energy "points"? left and it becomes kinda useless because his suit started of somewhere around the 600 or something right ?
The Yukihira doesn't appear to use energy all at once for activation, but rather slowly uses up shield energy for the entire duration that it is active. Essentialy, he uses up x amount of shield energy per second that the weapon is activated. All Ichika needs to do is to conserve the Yukihira's beam sword for when he needs to deal a powerful killing blow, rather than leave it on the entire time.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 22:02   Link #1050
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Second episode reflection.

So my theory on the IS's possibility of having a soul was correct; they do have a form of consciousness. No doubt this will come into play during some battle or another, where the winner will inevitably be the one with the most willpower. So cliche.

And what was up with Ichika's sudden carefree attitude when asking about the lunch plans? Suddenly then he isn't so bashful about women? Okay...
Though Houki's expressions initially during this episode (as well as her tone) didn't hint particularly well at Tsunderism, as soon as she agreed to Ichika's request for help at the table when another girl came in, it hit me that she obviously does care after all. Go figure.
And wait, wasn't Houki very uptight about being Shinonono's sister earlier, then she suddenly uses it to her advantage like it was nothing? Er...

On another note, they could've animated Houki's hair a little better. It was too twitchy.

Houki's words, "Win and come back," seemed off. It's not like he's going to die, right?

The matrix-esque time stop seemed kind of silly.

EMPTY SHIELD?! You've got to be effing kidding me! That missile-dodging action all just to fail? Bogus! I'm calling crap on that.

Yep, she fell for his bravado. Bravo Cecilia, you're a tool.

Anyways, this episode was okay, though it felt slightly fast, especially the battle sequence. Oh well, I still love the idea and will hope for a better tomorrow.
Old 2011-01-14, 22:25   Link #1051
Jehuty

Quote:
Second episode reflection.

So my theory on the IS's possibility of having a soul was correct; they do have a form of consciousness. No doubt this will come into play during some battle or another, where the winner will inevitably be the one with the most willpower. So cliche.

And what was up with Ichika's sudden carefree attitude when asking about the lunch plans? Suddenly then he isn't so bashful about women? Okay...
Though Houki's expressions initially during this episode (as well as her tone) didn't hint particularly well at Tsunderism, as soon as she agreed to Ichika's request for help at the table when another girl came in, it hit me that she obviously does care after all. Go figure.
And wait, wasn't Houki very uptight about being Shinonono's sister earlier, then she suddenly uses it to her advantage like it was nothing? Er...

On another note, they could've animated Houki's hair a little better. It was too twitchy.

Houki's words, "Win and come back," seemed off. It's not like he's going to die, right?

The matrix-esque time stop seemed kind of silly.

EMPTY SHIELD?! You've got to be effing kidding me! That missile-dodging action all just to fail? Bogus! I'm calling crap on that.

Yep, she fell for his bravado. Bravo Cecilia, you're a tool.

Anyways, this episode was okay, though it felt slightly fast, especially the battle sequence. Oh well, I still love the idea and will hope for a better tomorrow.
Yeah, it's like the staff spent most of their time wondering how the hell they were going to make the IS work, and not so much on character development -- that, or they were simply too lazy to balance out the characters and simply chose the easiest, most cliche templates out there.

I'm hanging on to this anime if only to see the IS at work. But the more I hear Houki talk (and to an extent the MC too) the more annoying they become.

Tsundere is fine, but bipolar tsundereism isn't.
Old 2011-01-14, 22:25   Link #1052
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I never got the impression that he was bashful about women at all in episode 1, just initially uncomfortable due to his circumstances. Ichika had no problem with 3 of the new women sitting down with him at lunch last episode afterall. The only time I can say he was bashful around women was in that corridor when he was surrounded by women in nightgowns and lingeries, and honestly who wouldn't be in that situation?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 22:29   Link #1053
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I never got the impression that he was bashful about women at all in episode 1, just initially uncomfortable due to his circumstances. Ichika had no problem with 3 of the new women sitting down with him at lunch last episode afterall. The only time I can say he was bashful around women was in that corridor when he was surrounded by women in nightgowns and lingeries, and honestly who wouldn't be in that situation?
Sound right there. Though I've heard him say (or think, rather) things about the whole "female school" deal is a little unnerving.
Old 2011-01-14, 22:53   Link #1054
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So England girl is falling for our male lead for his bravado in the match and how well he easily outmatched her if not fo the fact that his shields did went out.. Now its time to meet Ichika's second childhood friend who is the Chinese girl!
Old 2011-01-14, 22:58   Link #1055
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I found myself yelling "DAMN IT!!!"

when the preview was stating there won't be an IS with a china dress design.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 23:03   Link #1056
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

can someone post a screenshot of Ichika's IS both initial and first shift form?
i can't tell the difference between the two..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 23:55   Link #1057
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
can someone post a screenshot of Ichika's IS both initial and first shift form?
i can't tell the difference between the two..
Spoiler for images:
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:02   Link #1058
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Feels very much like phase shift to me. Is the difference in appearance merely an aesthetic one or do the 'wings' serve some purpose in combat?
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:08   Link #1059
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Feels very much like phase shift to me. Is the difference in appearance merely an aesthetic one or do the 'wings' serve some purpose in combat?
Probably improves speed and flexibility?
Old 2011-01-15, 00:15   Link #1060
triskelion
*Fansubber

Well, considering since Cecilia said that he was fighting in default mode first, there must be some kind of upgrades to his performance once he transformed!
triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist