AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 07:48   Link #2981
Eliarine

Both characters have faults and redeeming points. That's what makes Code Geass interesting, as I keep saying. The problem is that some people like to focus on the good qualities of one only, and ignore them in the other entirely.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 07:53   Link #2982
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Both characters have faults and redeeming points. That's what makes Code Geass interesting, as I keep saying. The problem is that some people like to focus on the good qualities of one only, and ignore them in the other entirely.
That's mostly because some (read:most) are human are naturally subjective and/or biased towards one particular point of view. In this case, that likely arises from whom they can identify better with... or who's cooler. I guess.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 07:56   Link #2983
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

When angry, Suzaku reminds me of Kanda Yu from DGM (whom Sakurai also voices). Looks like Sakurai only has one "dark" tone.

But, Suzaku gives me the feeling that he felt pain whenever he had to act against Lulu. He chose to serve his lord over a friendship. That's how I see him.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:01   Link #2984
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
That's mostly because some (read:most) are human are naturally subjective and/or biased towards one particular point of view. In this case, that likely arises from whom they can identify better with... or who's cooler. I guess.
Never said otherwise, but we Suzaku defenders spend more time trying to prove that he's not about to kill Nunally or baby pandas any second than actually discussing his character and it's getting tiring, so I guess I wish more people were ready to try and be objective instead of getting people like Dynastya here every week claiming we're naive and stupid and should realize that Suzaku is a bastard and should die in a fire already. The way things are going in this thread we might as well rename it the Suzaku hate thread. >_>
Old 2008-07-02, 08:04   Link #2985
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Never said otherwise, but we Suzaku defenders spend more time trying to prove that he's not about to kill Nunally or baby pandas any second than actually discussing his character and it's getting tiring, so I guess I wish more people were ready to try and be objective instead of getting people like Dynastya here every week claiming we're naive and stupid and should realize that Suzaku is a bastard and should die in a fire already. The way things are going in this thread we might as well rename it the Suzaku hate thread. >_>
Suzaku killing Nunnally... Very, very unlikely. I don't think Suzaku will be provoked to that extent.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:12   Link #2986
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Dynastya here every week claiming we're naive and stupid and should realize that Suzaku is a bastard and should die in a fire already.
He's not?JK.

Now even though i'm a Lulu and Kallen fanboy as long as he doesn't kill either of the two i'm fine with him(if he does, i'll join Dynastya).

He might do something every so often that makes me lose it, like selling Lulu and capturing Kallen, but everytime i give myself a couple of days to calm down i suppose his actions are justified. Its just guilt by association since Brittania, a few characters aside, seems to be a moral void.

In the end i do hope the 2 let bygones be bygones and end up working together even if it is an impossible dream, because his death will hit Lulu hard.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 08:13   Link #2987
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Their feud is a more nightmare-ish spin on the Kira-Athrun feud way back in CE. But, it's infinitely better done.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:14   Link #2988
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:

Well it must be popularity since I doubt anyone can relate to either of them, sadly Suzaku seem to get the short end of this stick when it comes to this but I don't (and will never) understand people's fascination with Lelouch since I find Suzaku the more complicated and conflicted character of the two
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 08:16   Link #2989
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

Well it must be popularity since I doubt anyone can relate to either of them, sadly Suzaku seem to get the short end of this stick when it comes to this but I don't (and will never) understand people's fascination with Lelouch since I find Suzaku the more complicated and conflicted character of the two
Well, they had the guy who voiced Cloud Strife for him. If he's not tormented in some way, it's just a mis-cast on a grand scale.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:17   Link #2990
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
He's not?JK.

Now even though i'm a Lulu and Kallen fanboy as long as he doesn't kill either of the two i'm fine with him(if he does, i'll join Dynastya).

He might do something every so often that makes me lose it, like selling Lulu and capturing Kallen, but everytime i give myself a couple of days to calm down i suppose his actions are justified. Its just guilt by association since Brittania, a few characters aside, seems to be a moral void.

In the end i do hope the 2 let bygones be bygones and end up working together even if it is an impossible dream, because his death will hit Lulu hard.
Okay level with me do you really think that Kallen didn't hesitate to kill Suzaku, so how is capturing worst than that, also Lelouch had it coming it's as simple as that
Old 2008-07-02, 08:22   Link #2991
Var
Banned

Quote:

As I said, humans are subjective and biased. What one person thinks to be true does not necessarily hold for the person next to him. For me, for instance, I think they are equally complex characters on different ends of the spectra.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 08:27   Link #2992
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Okay level with me do you really think that Kallen didn't hesitate to kill Suzaku, so how is capturing worst than that, also Lelouch had it coming it's as simple as that
Eveyone has some form of shitstorm heading their way due to their actions. Do i want bad stuff to happen to Lulu and Kallen? No. Do i think that they derserve it. An unconditional yes.

Suzaku has done bad stuff, Lulu has done bad stuff. No one is a saint in this show. Everyone bar Rival, Millay and Arthur has done something that they derserve to be pinished for.

I just can't empathise with Suzaku while i can with the other 2 and to be fair revolution's(in anime at least) are much more interetsing than alot of boring talking and politics that Suzaku's way would entail.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:28   Link #2993
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
As I said, humans are subjective and biased. What one person thinks to be true does not necessarily hold for the person next to him. For me, for instance, I think they are equally complex characters on different ends of the spectra.

I don't believe Lelouch to be complex since we've seen what kind of character he really on several occasions, Suzaku on the other hide his true personality in a facade until Mao came into the picture and revealed what he was hiding all along even now he seems conflicted to what he truly wants a whole (the scene in episode 9 with Nina) Lelouch seems to be in the twilight of succumbing to the dark path he so gloriously admitted in episode 23 and episode 4.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:28   Link #2994
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Suzaku killing Nunnally... Very, very unlikely. I don't think Suzaku will be provoked to that extent.
Yet I'm sure some Suzaku haters would be willing to argue that he could, if the emperor gave him the order to, because he doesn't mind killing people if it's not breaking rules. Or other lovely thoughts of the kind.

Quote:
Please don't.

Quote:
Thanks for proving that all Lulu fanboys are not completely blind

Quote:
I kind of hope they will team up, more or less, against a greater evil in the end. Even though earlier interviews with the staff implied they wouldn't >_> And yes, his death would hit Lulu hard.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:31   Link #2995
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:

I don't believe Lelouch to be complex since we've seen what kind of character he really on several occasions, Suzaku on the other hide his true personality in a facade until Mao came into the picture and revealed what he was hiding all along even now he seems conflicted to what he truly wants a whole (the scene in episode 9 with Nina) Lelouch seems to be in the twilight of succumbing to the dark path he so gloriously admitted in episode 23 and episode 4.
Lulu is just as complicated. Who is the real Lelouch? Is it LL the one all his friends know? LVB the former Prince? Zero the Revolutionary? Or is he a mix of all three or something completely different. He hides his true self behind so many masks and fake persona's i doubt we'll ever know what he's truly like.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:32   Link #2996
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Eveyone has some form of shitstorm heading their way due to their actions. Do i want bad stuff to happen to Lulu and Kallen? No. Do i think that they derserve it. An unconditional yes.

Suzaku has done bad stuff, Lulu has done bad stuff. No one is a saint in this show. Everyone bar Rival, Millay and Arthur has done something that they derserve to be pinished for.

I just can't empathise with Suzaku while i can with the other 2 and to be fair revolution's(in anime at least) are much more interetsing than alot of boring talking and politics that Suzaku's way would entail.
"The best way to accomplish anything is my doing absolutely nothing for a long period time"

Is a quote that to the eyes of Suzaku haters is what Suzaku fans stand for
Old 2008-07-02, 08:33   Link #2997
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Lulu is just as complicated. Who is the real Lelouch? Is it LL the one all his friends know? LVB the former Prince? Zero the Revolutionary? Or is he a mix of all three or something completely different. He hides his true self behind so many masks and fake persona's i doubt we'll ever know what he's truly like.
It's also likely that he himself has forgotten who he really is, just like Suzaku, who thinks he knows what he wants.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:35   Link #2998
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Yet I'm sure some Suzaku haters would be willing to argue that he could, if the emperor gave him the order to, because he doesn't mind killing people if it's not breaking rules. Or other lovely thoughts of the kind.

Please don't.

Thanks for proving that all Lulu fanboys are not completely blind

I kind of hope they will team up, more or less, against a greater evil in the end. Even though earlier interviews with the staff implied they wouldn't >_> And yes, his death would hit Lulu hard.

Well I can see them admitting that they lost someone important to them during their struggle (similar to Athrun and Kira) and that in order to prevent any loved ones from dying they'll work together for a better tomorrow
Old 2008-07-02, 08:36   Link #2999
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, so far, Lulu hasn't lost someone he really cares for to the Grim Reaper. For Suzaku, that is Euphie.
Old 2008-07-02, 08:38   Link #3000
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, so far, Lulu hasn't lost someone he really cares for to the Grim Reaper. For Suzaku, that is Euphie.
It's only a matter of time.
Spoiler for Ep 13 spoiler: