Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-23, 07:07   Link #21
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Guts and Dark Schneider are anti-heroes because they do morally amibigous to evil things. Vash does not.
Do morrally amibigous???I think no need for anti-hero(Batman is badass,too

but at least he dose not morally amibigous to evil things). Vash will not back down

in order to save his friends,but one of his morals is that he refuses to kill anyone

(same Batman)

Last edited by Bathory Area; 2008-09-23 at 08:37.
Old 2008-09-23, 08:02   Link #22
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, c'mon, Batman does morally ambiguous - and flat out wrong - things all the time. Just remember the whole "Brother Eye" thingie (which was kinda paralleled in the Dark Knight).

Doesn't make him any less compelling, when written right, of course.

As for Vash, I wouldn't consider him an Anti-hero. He's much more heroic than most listed already, anyway.

Old 2008-09-23, 08:22   Link #23
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

"Brother Eye" ???really??? I never have seen it before . I see Batman in films only

and I am not American Comic Fan.The anti-hero is often a reluctant hero who does

not consider himself capable of accomplishing the goal. In many cases the anti-hero

dies at the end of the story.

Spoiler for :

Last edited by Bathory Area; 2008-09-23 at 08:33.
Old 2008-09-23, 09:05   Link #24
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
ooh please people lets not have such a pojtnless discussion

and tbl dont be so cocky, ever since death note and code geass a lot of people have been asking for anime of this cathegory and if you were around long enough you wouldve noticed it
it saves a lot of time for subjects as this one to use the search function or go back a coupe pages im sure theres a topic about it atleased 2 pages away
Old 2008-09-24, 00:25   Link #25
f4nt4

back to topic.
Desert Punk. One of my favorites and he is definitely an anti-hero.
Old 2008-09-24, 00:39   Link #26
jedinat

Irresponsible Captain Tylor - I'd completely forgotten about this one. If you only watch one "anti-hero" anime, this one should probably be it. (taking for granted that you are more interested in the "anti-hero" and not just anime featuring the badass and morally ambiguous)
Old 2008-09-24, 00:49   Link #27
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathory Area View Post
"Brother Eye" ???really??? I never have seen it before . I see Batman in films only

and I am not American Comic Fan.The anti-hero is often a reluctant hero who does

not consider himself capable of accomplishing the goal. In many cases the anti-hero
In fiction, an antihero[1] is a protagonist whose character and goals are antithetical to classical heroism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtropes.org
The questionable shade of gray between good and evil, an anti hero is a rather dark, edgy character who has the opposite of most of the traditional attributes of a hero. He or she may be bewildered, ineffectual, deluded, or merely pathetic. More often an antihero is just an amoral misfit.

Lives f-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-r from the ideal end of the Sliding Scale Of Idealism Versus Cynicism.

Other common attributes are: rarely speaking, being a loner, either extreme celibacy or extreme promiscuity, father issues, being able to tell the story of their life through any Simple Plan song, a name from the Dark Age Of Supernames and wearing lots of black. They won't Save The Villain, but they will Shoot The Dog, and they will not hesitate to kill anyone who threatens them.

Other characters may try to impress upon them the value of more traditional heroic values through The Power of Friendship, but these lessons tend to bounce more often than stick. Hopefully.

What amoral antiheroes learn, if they learn anything at all over the course of the story, is that an existence devoid of absolute values offers a lot of isolation. (But that may be to their liking.)
That's so not Vash, it's frightening.
Old 2008-09-25, 23:54   Link #28
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
ooh please people lets not have such a pojtnless discussion

and tbl dont be so cocky, ever since death note and code geass a lot of people have been asking for anime of this cathegory and if you were around long enough you wouldve noticed it
it saves a lot of time for subjects as this one to use the search function or go back a coupe pages im sure theres a topic about it atleased 2 pages away
I only responded in kind. You can't complain about people not using the search function when you're too lazy to press the shift key, or use commas and full stops.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-09-26, 15:19   Link #29
AceD
See You En' Tee

checking out a few of these mentioned (except batman -_-)

this forum should be locked and read-me only i guess, as i spose every anime for every genre has been mentioned at somepoint, maybe just allow posting for 1month every year as new animes come out? karuma can be a happy bunny then