Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-07, 11:15   Link #1
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Reputation system

I recently discovered that there is a red dot under my display pic, and after a bit of research found out what it means. Now, I don't really care how I get flamed or reported or something, but what I am interested in is how many points do i get into negative before I get a ban or anything. OK, I am not going to go on about people abusing that system just to make me (or someone) look bad, or how pathetic the people doing that are, but seriously, do you think this does it any good? No matter to you or to the user?

The main question is how much flaming can i get before I get banned, in case you can't see or didn't bother to read the above passage. Thank you.

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
Old 2010-07-07, 11:21   Link #2
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

The rep system doesn't mean anything, it's only there for fun. You can get 1000 neg reps and still it wont mean nothing. Also you can't get banned only for having neg reps.
Old 2010-07-07, 11:25   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well one actually assumes that more people use it properly than those who don't, so it's ideally supposed to reflect your conduct in the eyes of others.

Ideally of course.
Old 2010-07-07, 11:25   Link #4
monster

Your reputation merely shows how others feel about the quality of your posts. It has nothing to do with whether or not you will get banned, although there may be a correlation. If you want, you have the option of turning it off in your User CP.

As for how to not get banned, just abide by the forum rules and ask a moderator if a rule doesn't make sense to you.
Old 2010-07-07, 11:29   Link #5
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

well it means nothing to me, but from the reasons the people provide when they flame me is just enough to make me LOL. (sidenote: I would really love to see how much negative points one can accumulate. I remember I had -11 but the record seems to be self-deleting.)

Take the latest one, for example. "On an anime forum one can assume people know ONE of the swords is called a Katana, but there ARE various kinds. Correcting elders usually turns out badly."

Hmm, really tells you a lot about the people who filed this flaming report, doesn't it? I couldn't help wonder, what did he do to the vegetables on his plate. Did he eat it or **** with it? True, I may have given out incorrect information, but is there a need to flame me just for that? Simply correctig me in the next post will do just fine. And what do you mean by "Correcting elders usually turns out badly." ? Clearly, this is already in the grey area of abuse. Recognise these words SOMEONE?

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....

Last edited by MitsubishiZero; 2010-07-07 at 11:43.
Old 2010-07-07, 11:44   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Answered in the Reputation FAQ
Closed Thread