AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2010-03-23, 22:45   Link #1381
Amazinasian
KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Send a message via AIM to Amazinasian
Spoiler:
Amazinasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 17:02   Link #1382
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently started watching this anime of great controversy, on the passionate recommendation of Dr. Casey.

Not to defend all of her actions of course (because just about every character in this anime has done some very foolish things), but I can't help but to like Saionji Sekai a lot. And yes, that's even with me already knowing how this anime ends.

I love her character design, and her personality was really cool when she was still in "Matchmaker" mode.

So far, School Days has proved quite interesting, and once I'm done I intend to put up a detailed series review.

Just wanted to give a heads-up here for School Days fans (and haters ).

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-04-16 at 20:51.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 20:33   Link #1383
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
(and haters ).
lol sup. Well, I have to admit the writers pulled a fast one which makes me respect them a little. But umm... if you can form a coherent point and defend it, I wouldn't mind.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 20:46   Link #1384
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I recently started watching this anime of great controversy, on the passionate recommendation of Dr. Casey.

Not to defend all of her actions of course (because just about every character in this anime has done some very foolish things), but I can't help but to like Saionji Sekai a lot. And yes, that's even with me already knowing how this anime ends.

I love her character design, and her personality was really cool when she was still in "Matchmaker" mode.

So far, School Days has proved quite interesting, and once I'm done I intend to put up a detail series review.

Just wanted to give a heads-up here for School Days fans (and haters ).
Haha, late to the party I see. Tbh, I think this is the only anime where I hated every single character. Sure, it was kinda realistic to an extent, whereby playing around/cheating and the fact that girls tend to be attracted to dickheads, but it's really hard to like a series, if you hate the entire cast and there is absolutely no one you are rooting for.

The infamous "nice boat" ending however, had me crack up and would probably fall into the so bad it's good category.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 20:52   Link #1385
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Haha, late to the party I see. Tbh, I think this is the only anime where I hated every single character. Sure, it was kinda realistic to an extent, whereby playing around/cheating and the fact that girls tend to be attracted to dickheads, but it's really hard to like a series, if you hate the entire cast and there is absolutely no one you are rooting for.

The infamous "nice boat" ending however, had me crack up and would probably fall into the so bad it's good category.
Well, that "nice boat" IMO was to troll the censors and crap that got the show briefly cancelled, or at least humor them. It worked, kinda.

This is truly realized in the funny OVA (I like it better than the series.)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 21:07   Link #1386
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
lol sup. Well, I have to admit the writers pulled a fast one which makes me respect them a little. But umm... if you can form a coherent point and defend it, I wouldn't mind.
To be honest, I was actually pretty impressed with this anime through the first eight episodes. That much felt reasonably realistic to me (some things were stretched, but not to a breaking point), and it had decently tight plot and character development.

I also see a vast array of possible themes in this anime, which is good to see.

I found Episodes 9 and 10 very hard to swallow, though, just on a "suspension of disbelief" level.

I intend to watch Episodes 11 and 12 within the next couple of hours.

Still, on the whole, this anime has been a much more enjoyable watch than I had expected. So kudos to Dr. Casey for the recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
I agree with your general point there. I also find it really hard to like a series if I hate the entire cast of a show.

On the realism aspect, what I find very hard to swallow was this "Lounge" event (which unfortunately is also a core plot point). How did the students manage to pull that one by the teachers?

And as a "tradition" no less!

Aside from that, though, I actually don't have that many complaints on the realism side to make about this.
Old 2011-04-18, 01:01   Link #1387
Dr. Casey

Quote:
On the realism aspect, what I find very hard to swallow was this "Lounge" event (which unfortunately is also a core plot point). How did the students manage to pull that one by the teachers?

And as a "tradition" no less!
Haha, the whole plot regarding the lounge and the condom in hand ritual is one of the things that I had trouble believing, too. I actually mentioned that in a post I made a while back. And I totally agree with you on Sekai. I was so in love with her the first time I watched School Days. The witty back-and-forth banter she had with Makoto was a lot of fun, too.

Anyway, still eagerly looking forward to your full review. I'm interested in seeing what you think about Makoto. I can't think of another character in anime quite like him.

Quote:
lol sup.
get out

j/k

This thread does need some more of my fellow School Days fans, though, like BetoJR, Hooves, and Mr. Wang, now that we've got some new blood here with Triple.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 09:35   Link #1388
User68604
Disabled By Request

a masterpiece, one of my top fav animes of all time
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 17:11   Link #1389
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
a masterpiece, one of my top fav animes of all time
Though I thought that there might've been a better ending possible...
Old 2011-05-17, 06:06   Link #1390
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
how can u possibly get better than the current one?!
Old 2011-05-17, 21:59   Link #1391
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Going with the triangle love ending o.o? Although that seems way out of hand..
Old 2011-05-18, 06:53   Link #1392
User68604
Disabled By Request

imo, if there was any sort of "romantic" ending (makoto x koto/sekai) - itd be dismissed as just another generic harem, and forgotten from everyones memory as soon as they finished it....
Old 2011-05-18, 15:49   Link #1393
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hmm... School Days was strongly remembered for its hated protagonist (or loved from other people's view) and the ending which just lead to a major impact. If it actually ended up being a happy-happy ending with such a buildup, then people would easily forget it. I guess that could change my mind
Old 2011-05-23, 17:53   Link #1394
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
imo, if there was any sort of "romantic" ending (makoto x koto/sekai) - itd be dismissed as just another generic harem, and forgotten from everyones memory as soon as they finished it....
I was talking from Makoto's POV LOL. I don't think that he felt great while been stabbed by sekai.

If there wasn't any death, it'll probably be something in your head like Yosuga no Sora. Though YnS is way more daring compared to School Days.
Old 2011-09-30, 06:47   Link #1395
Dr. Casey

Does anyone know what DVD sales were for School Days? I was reading up about anime DVD sales this morning and got me to thinking about it. School Days has always been a fairly popular (Or at least notorious) show, so I'm guessing the sales were pretty high.
Old 2011-10-03, 02:04   Link #1396
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Does anyone know what DVD sales were for School Days? I was reading up about anime DVD sales this morning and got me to thinking about it. School Days has always been a fairly popular (Or at least notorious) show, so I'm guessing the sales were pretty high.
Did you like "School Days"? I didn't, except for the last episode.

"Nichijou" is very good show with many positive reviews, there nothing to hate about it, but the sells weren't great for such a awesome series.

So I doubt School Days sales are high, because seriously, who wants to own this garbage?
Old 2011-10-03, 06:39   Link #1397
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Did you like "School Days"? I didn't, except for the last episode.
Yep, loved every second of it. I'll always think it's a great, well-written story, even if most people don't.

Though I do agree with you on Nichijou. The lack of sales is pretty baffling to me, and the fact that KyoAni employee said that Nichijou ruined the company's reputation despite being a perfectly good show is pretty lol.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere