AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 74 30.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 21.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 19.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 2.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 5.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 7.11%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-04, 18:01   Link #121
B-day
Yokomo driver

Raw is out
Old 2007-09-04, 18:02   Link #122
Samuel20709
Banned

well im not bashing claymore but if clare's *** didnt awake how did she kill him it makes him seem weak and slow it also makes Flora weak
Old 2007-09-04, 18:11   Link #123
mycen

Raki arrived in Pieta already? I wonder if Raki is going to pull up the stunt that he did in Rabola? I hope the Raki scenes are done better than the previous episode -- I don't want the fight scenes to be diluted by Rakiness..
Old 2007-09-04, 18:13   Link #124
Samuel20709
Banned

trust me there is more then 10 mins of raki-ness
after getting the raw i give this a 5
Old 2007-09-04, 18:14   Link #125
Ronny

Man, what complaints heh.

Actually, I think it's a good episode. Clare being able to beat Ligardes was still logical and considering there's now more to come, it's also logical that certain parts were delayed.

I can understand the dislike of the added Raki, simply because of the immense hatred for him. 'Cept I actually like Raki and like that he's actually a believable human being (yes, cave scene included), so I didn't mind him being there.

Overall I actually like where Madhouse seems to be going, as it will probably and hopefully be a satisfactionary ending for Clare's story (which is what Claymore is). Just the, likely, lack of Riful and 3 unseen, yet mentioned, characters is a shame.

P.S.
Spoiler for Miria's conclusion:
Old 2007-09-04, 18:23   Link #126
Samuel20709
Banned

1 more thing i dont get it if raki gets there wat is gonna do please some raki-fan explain i to me
also if she fights with priscilla and ishely{cause its obvious that he would fight because there attacking his lover }he is just gonna get in the way cause even if clare awakes she cant scrath ishely and pricsilla{No offenses to clare-fans}
Old 2007-09-04, 18:42   Link #127
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel20709 View Post
1 more thing i dont get it if raki gets there wat is gonna do please some raki-fan explain i to me
also if she fights with priscilla and ishely{cause its obvious that he would fight because there attacking his lover }he is just gonna get in the way cause even if clare awakes she cant scrath ishely and pricsilla{No offenses to clare-fans}
Dont worry samuel, if that happen there is a good chance that either clare will use her bankai or raki will force priscilla to use her bankai on isley to save clare
Old 2007-09-04, 18:44   Link #128
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

WOW !!! This is is amazing !! 7 pages of grumbling and whining about the latest ep and the RAW isn't even out yet. I'm putting down 35 cronegs that there will be 14+ pages of this before the Sub comes out.
Old 2007-09-04, 18:46   Link #129
Samuel20709
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
WOW !!! This is is amazing !! 7 pages of grumbling and whining about the latest ep and the RAW isn't even out yet. I'm putting down 35 cronegs that there will be 14+ pages of this before the Sub comes out.
not really the raw is it all u have to do is search for it
Old 2007-09-04, 19:10   Link #130
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
hehe then wait for the last ep then, wonder how many posts there will be before its released
Old 2007-09-04, 19:24   Link #131
Samuel20709
Banned

yea will if raki died..that would be a tottally differnt sory now there would 800 pages of love-ness of the ep
and it wont go off topic like we always do
Old 2007-09-04, 19:30   Link #132
joshualimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
I'm really disapointed how so many of you don't give a damn about the episode. You see some screen shots and make a riot.

You lost your respect for madhouse? Explain that one... what did you respect from them that you have lost?

It was CLEAR that the anime will deviate from the manga to give it a closing. People where not satisfied with the Berserk ending and so Madhouse goes for a conclusion instead of a cliffhanger. Makes sense because season 2 would have to wait for 3+ years.
You all knew this, you all expected this, it already happend last episode and even before that. But hey... it's cool I guess to make a scene here and absolutly RUIN it for those that have not seen the manga. They want to enjoy an episode and find only hate here on how horrible this episode was (that most posters have not even seen yet).

This is childish and pathetic

Use your head. If you had gotten your precious way, what would have happend after the fight with the lion king? SS4 bankai?? Giga slave carebear stare?

They need to pace the anime so there could be a confrontation between Priscilla and Claire. For a closing Raki and Claire need to reunite as they promised each other.

But hey, if you are so offended by the animes content, why don't you stop watching it. If you are just here to complain and throw a fit, why don't you make a "bash claymore" thread and leave those that comment based on what they saw, not what deviates from the manga alone.

oh yeah... something funny I saw
Agreed.. 100%. And for those wanting to complain, I believe there's the venting thread, so no need for a new CLEAN thread just for us anime watchers. Personally, here's what I think:

1. Those who hate Raki... Yeah well, Raki did appear to be quite annoying sometimes. But ironically, the way you people keep hammering threads and the ratings actually give me more respect for his *anime* character. Having read so many unjustly rantings about Raki, I'd gladly make his whinning my ringtone and an accompanying wallpaper saying "Think this is bad? Wait till you see them posters at animesuki's Claymore thread".

2. For those yelling OMG, THEY @#$#@%#@ CHANGED IT and your low ratings... I'm an ANIME watcher, and so is this thread for. The manga threads (yes, thread(S) are elsewhere in the forum). So what did this episode do to deserve a 1? Was it the animation? The voice acting? The music? Or are you gonna say that it was the story? Because if you are, then say it WITHOUT bringing the manga in here. In this case, I'm gonna act like a Raki hater (a BIT). There were definitely valid complaints about the scenes that alternate between Raki and the fights. It lowered the pacing of the story, no doubt, but does NOT warrant a 1.

I'm enjoying every minute of Claymore's anime adaption, and I love reading some of people's thoughts on the episode threads. But after seeing such childish tantrums and destructive acts (episode spoilers GO INTO THE SPOILER TAGS DAMMIT!!), my enjoyment for the series have went down significantly. Not because of the series, but because of the inconsiderate posters on this forum. And it makes me question the existence of the Venting thread. So I guess it's fine on this forum to pop into an anime thread and start hurling abuses and spoilers from the manga without consequences (or even a slight warning)? Thanks for the hint.

[Edit]
Hmm... here's prolly what's gonna happen:
Spoiler for My fanfic, though highly unlikely:

Last edited by joshualimm; 2007-09-04 at 20:45.
Old 2007-09-04, 19:50   Link #133
B-day
Yokomo driver

The fight scenes between Clare and Rigardo is very long, with the lightning speed they are fighting, maybe making hundreds of moves every second, somehow they manage to keep doing it for more than 20 mins!!!!!

The idiot Raki of course shows us what he is made of, very predictable. When I saw him cry, that really make my day, haha, haha.

Spoiler for possible ending:
Old 2007-09-04, 20:05   Link #134
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel20709 View Post
trust me there is more then 10 mins of raki-ness
after getting the raw i give this a 5

You are full of shit. Are you counting Isley's part as "raki"? There is at most 5 minutes of Raki.

Now let me add some real content here. Compare to the same fight in manga, Helen is now smart enough to destroy the lose arm and didn't put Milia at risk. The fight last a lot longer, with 10x more clash and Lion doing a power-boost show. Lion actually fight like someone of his status and enjoy a fight with a strong enemy. The best part is at the end when Clare was pushed to the extreme, Prisilla can sense the only yuki aura she had feared.
Old 2007-09-04, 20:08   Link #135
Samuel20709
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualimm View Post
Agreed.. 100%. And for those wanting to complain, I believe there's the venting thread, so no need for a new CLEAN thread just for us anime watchers. Personally, here's what I think:

1. Those who hate Raki... Yeah well, Raki did appear to be quite annoying sometimes. But ironically, the way you people keep hammering threads and the ratings actually give me more respect for his *anime* character. Having read so many unjustly rantings about Raki, I'd gladly make his whinning my ringtone and an accompanying wallpaper saying "Think this is bad? Wait till you see them posters at animesuki's Claymore thread".

2. For those yelling OMG, THEY @#$#@%#@ CHANGED IT and your low ratings... I'm an ANIME watcher, and so is this thread for. The manga threads (yes, thread(S) are elsewhere in the forum). So what did this episode do to deserve a 1? Was it the animation? The voice acting? The music? Or are you gonna say that it was the story? Because if you are, then say it WITHOUT bringing the manga in here. In this case, I'm gonna act like a Raki hater (a BIT). There were definitely valid complaints about the scenes that alternate between Raki and the fights. It lowered the pacing of the story, no doubt, but does NOT warrant a 1.

I'm enjoying every minute of Claymore's anime adaption, and I love reading some of people's thoughts on the episode threads. But after seeing such childish tantrums and destructive acts (episode spoilers GO INTO THE SPOILER TAGS DAMMIT!!), my enjoyment for the series have went down significantly. Not because of the series, but because of the inconsiderate posters on this forum. And it makes me question the existence of the Venting thread. So I guess it's fine on this forum to pop into an anime thread and start hurling abuses and spoilers from the manga without consequences (or even a slight warning)? Thanks for the hint.
1) Raki.......uhh wat to say about raki......unjustly rantings about raki.....so well i dont see any1 rantings about but u have to know deep down we all hate him

2)Well some of the people who gave it a 1 is just joking around well some of them might be manga reader and are diasappointed on how much madhouse had to waste on raki when they could have shown the clare vs flora {which by the way would have been 10000times better then they show raki screaming CLAREEE!!! when she is kazilllion miles a way} and i gave it a 5{and yes i saw the raw} because they wasted so much ******* on showing raki trying to save clare {which he cant do shit for her rigaldo could just do a on his face im so sick of him lets not talk about him please}and ishely to which clearly didnt get a lot of time in the manga and he is gay

Well I personally love the anime adaption it show's all of Irene's etc etc in action which looks uber cool well we arent spoiling anything we just tell u wat hapened in the manga which was not placed in the animne adaption well its clearly stated at the frist page of the thread that no future events where supposed to be in tags it would be deleted {even Seska-sama said it}
Old 2007-09-04, 20:15   Link #136
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
I'm really disapointed how so many of you don't give a damn about the episode. You see some screen shots and make a riot.

You lost your respect for madhouse? Explain that one... what did you respect from them that you have lost?

It was CLEAR that the anime will deviate from the manga to give it a closing. People where not satisfied with the Berserk ending and so Madhouse goes for a conclusion instead of a cliffhanger. Makes sense because season 2 would have to wait for 3+ years.
You all knew this, you all expected this, it already happend last episode and even before that. But hey... it's cool I guess to make a scene here and absolutly RUIN it for those that have not seen the manga. They want to enjoy an episode and find only hate here on how horrible this episode was (that most posters have not even seen yet).

This is childish and pathetic

Use your head. If you had gotten your precious way, what would have happend after the fight with the lion king? SS4 bankai?? Giga slave carebear stare?

They need to pace the anime so there could be a confrontation between Priscilla and Claire. For a closing Raki and Claire need to reunite as they promised each other.

But hey, if you are so offended by the animes content, why don't you stop watching it. If you are just here to complain and throw a fit, why don't you make a "bash claymore" thread and leave those that comment based on what they saw, not what deviates from the manga alone.

oh yeah... something funny I saw
Sorry, but I don't agree with you. First, not everyone was displeased with Berserk's ending. The only thing they really left out was the skull-knight and the Berserk anime is a very well known classic. The cliff-hanger ending in Berserk also made many people read the manga to find out what happens next. Deviating from the real story, the following are reasons why it's a bad choice:

1. It destroys the amazing visioning of the Mangaka.

2. It further ruins the perfect 20 episode streak this series had, and this series will probably end up on the top 10 or 20 anime lists, but not as high because it deviated and made many manga fans mad. If the series deviated much earlier, the whining and madness probably would have simmered down and be less intense compared to the anger coming from Madhouse unleashing massive BS onto us on the last moments of this amazing, yet ruined anime.
Spoiler for spoiler I guess.:
^^^ That fact alone would make people give this anime an overall rating of 9 instead of 10.

3. Anime with conclusions aren't necessarily better compared to the "leave it to your imagination" endings.

4. Madhouse made the wrong choice on its directing. Leave it as a cliffhanger for CRYING out loud. It's better than adding this filler/interruptions after so many PERFECT episodes. Many people were amazed by how well this anime adapted the manga till NOW. It's very disappointing. Madhouse could have easily covered everything to at least or near ch. 70.

Madhouse, shame on you unless you kill off Raki. I don't hate Raki, but it makes up for this **** I've been seeing. I have a feeling that if they make a sad ending, it should be with Raki dying, not Clare dying, but its more than likely that Clare will die in a sad conclusion.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Last edited by superzombie23; 2007-09-04 at 21:20.
Old 2007-09-04, 20:58   Link #137
pomps
グ~…

Basically all Raki did in this episode was get to Pieta, saying something like he wants to protect Clare (urr, okay ), shouting at Helen for preventing him get in between the fight of two AOs (1 almost ^_^), and then kneel down, cry and whinning again, OMG. Madhouse, please let some flying brick hit him in the face, quick.
Old 2007-09-04, 21:01   Link #138
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
Spoiler for I'll spoiler tag it for you, k:
She didn't in the manga either..

In the end it all comes down to taste. It's just that the majority of the majority that share the same taste, try to argue their opinions by bitching and crying. Making them look rather.. silly.

And seriously people, even if it's not in the anime, the anime is good enough to make people start to read the manga.. use them freaking spoiler tags.
Old 2007-09-04, 21:08   Link #139
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
She didn't in the manga either..

In the end it all comes down to taste. It's just that the majority of the majority that share the same taste, try to argue their opinions by bitching and crying. Making them look rather.. silly.
Well her limbs didn't awaken exactly like they should have at that point in the anime.
Old 2007-09-04, 21:11   Link #140
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
Well her limbs didn't awaken.
Spoiler:
Closed Thread