AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 74 30.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 21.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 19.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 2.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 5.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 7.11%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-05, 13:53   Link #221
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Nope, we're referring to frame 163712, that's Priscilla (definitely not Galatea at least).
Yeah, that's not Galatea lmao. Anyhow, that frame kind of confirms a Priscilla vs. Clare battle. Hope they make it intense.
Old 2007-09-05, 13:54   Link #222
WarBaby2

Aaaaaand it's UP UP UP!

Download from Eclipes' homepage!
Old 2007-09-05, 14:11   Link #223
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBaby2 View Post
Aaaaaand it's UP UP UP!

Download from Eclipes' homepage!
Yup, it always gets up there during my class lol. Downloading now O.O
Old 2007-09-05, 14:17   Link #224
Samuel20709
Banned

Anyway im Downloading it now
i did in school but i couldnt finish
Old 2007-09-05, 14:20   Link #225
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
That pic appears more to be of Galatea.Priscilla only appears in the previews when she enters the town on a horse.Then Clare torally lets her yoki energy out in a huge power up as you can see in the previews.

PS:And by the way Seska, who's your new avatar? looks cool
It's Galatea. You can find it in the Claymore - Avatar & Signature Request Thread(<- click me). emu777, made it for me
Old 2007-09-05, 14:39   Link #226
Weird D
Just existing...

Honestly, I am quite mad at what they did with Rigald in the anime. Not only he's weaker than the manga, he's also dumber. What's with the whole DBZ-like power up (already said, I know), and then throwing a column at Clare? Lame intimidation attempt, and it made him look even dumber than Duff.

Clare getting her speed under control was also just too fast. I understand they want to save something for a possible Clare/Priscilla showdown, but it was more realistic when she used her sword to stop herself.

All in all, the fight was decent provided you haven't read the manga. Then it just looks a bit cheap.

Funny, there were a lot of complains about how much screen time Raki got, but not about the number of times we saw Clare crashing through buildings.
Old 2007-09-05, 14:49   Link #227
Samuel20709
Banned

Seska-Sama U changed ur pic i love it
but i miss ur old 1
Old 2007-09-05, 14:55   Link #228
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Clare getting her speed under control was also just too fast. I understand they want to save something for a possible Clare/Priscilla showdown, but it was more realistic when she used her sword to stop herself.
If I'm not mistaken, she controls it in the same chapter she gets it. Talk about fast.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:04   Link #229
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel20709 View Post
Seska-Sama U changed ur pic i love it
but i miss ur old 1
Oh, well this?
i found it in the Avatar & Signature thread as well... There are plenty of them, free to grab (but asking sounds nice).

I like on Miria her leader Skill, but with the latest "frustrates" postings here, i found Galatea's fit better now for me...She keeps a cool head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
If I'm not mistaken, she controls it in the same chapter she gets it. Talk about fast.
Yip, looks like i cannot give Clare the nickname "Copycat" anymore. Because this is an own skill of her. the speed and the controlling of it.. Well in same strange kind of way
First i was thinking, that she will "copy" Miria's Phantom skill. but then i realized it at the very beginning of this Episode, that i am wrong...

Last edited by Seska; 2007-09-05 at 15:15.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:16   Link #230
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

OK, now I've watched it, so I can comment.

I was forewarned, so the disappointment of not seeing some manga elements animated was pretty mild. Oddly enough, this time I didn't feel like comparing manga and anime too much. Maybe because this episode was almost all action, and I mostly care about the story.

I have too say, the episode wasn't so bad. The fight was DBZ-esque at times (Look! We're invisible!), but it was OK. The column throw made a certain amount of sense, if you forget the part where he wastes time by explaining it, and Clare decides to just wait for him to make his move instead of jumping out of the tactical hole she'd fallen in.

Spoiler for Small manga comparison:

A question occurred to me: when did Raki learn to ride? I've never sat on a horse, so I don't know, but don't you need some training to stay on a galloping horse, and make him go where you want, and stop when you want?
Old 2007-09-05, 15:36   Link #231
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Honestly, I am quite mad at what they did with Rigald in the anime. Not only he's weaker than the manga, he's also dumber. What's with the whole DBZ-like power up (already said, I know), and then throwing a column at Clare? Lame intimidation attempt, and it made him look even dumber than Duff.

But Rigald/Ligardes IS weaker now... he lost his right arm, in other words, his main arm. So he lost at least 50% of his Atack Power... more than enough for him to be a little worried.

And, as far we know, Ligardes never had so much difficulty with an enemy besides Isley before. So probably he is a little apreensive and desesperated, playing with all his tricks so he will not get killed by Clare. He's not thinking straight.

And don't forget Clare is not the only enemy out there. What if Miria recover herself? Without his main arm, she could take him down all by herself, too.

Quote:
But Clare IS a fast learner! Look how much time she spent to learn the Light Sword tecnic from Irene, and the Youki Control tecnic from Galatea.

Besides, the Pietta people would sue her if she destroy any more buildings.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:36   Link #232
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl

I gave the Episode a 5 cause it was all getting so~ good until Raki came in and was crying the entire time he saw Clare.

Now he's really getting on my nerves.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:38   Link #233
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I haven't watched DBZ since 1996, so can't say I remember too much about it. But, I thought this episode was excellent. I read the manga too, and I'm still not disappointed, I don't really see a point in comparing anymore. But, I'm itching to see what happens next.

It's pretty obvious that the yoki that is pouring out of Claire is Theresa's yoki, thats what scaring the piss outta priscilla.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:51   Link #234
kumori
~*KAMI*~

Location: In my own little anime world that revolves around me...
well i have to say i didnt really hate ep 22 that much. I guess it was the hope of raki getting captured again or somehow magically not get to pieta, but that faded. I was deeply disappointed in ep. 23. I eventually got over the fact that it wouldn't follow the manga, but the whole time raki came and just cried kind of pissed me off. All he did was freakin CRY!!! i guess i will have to watch the rest to see if madhouse can save this somehow...hopefully...=/
Old 2007-09-05, 15:58   Link #235
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
It's Galatea. You can find it in the Claymore - Avatar & Signature Request Thread(<- click me). emu777, made it for me
The thought cross my mind that it could be Galatea but didn't really believed it until now. I guess for me she looks a little different than usual.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:59   Link #236
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I loved this episode. It didn't have the pacing problems of the last episode, and I don't expect anything close to the manga at this point, so the anime version is an entirely different creature to me, and I like it so far. Clare is ROCKIN' DA HOUSE!
Old 2007-09-05, 16:05   Link #237
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

So now, everybody loves it.....JUST AS PLANNED
Old 2007-09-05, 16:07   Link #238
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
So now, everybody loves it.....JUST AS PLANNED
Not really, theres still quite a few people who are pissed that it didn't stay strictly with the manga, so they can't help but cry foul.
Old 2007-09-05, 16:10   Link #239
Bodil Mars
Claymore Bambi

oh man I am so conflicted b/c I LOVE the Manga so much and I know the anime is going off track but I still love this anime. I mean, in a way b/t the manga and anime we get two different endings so if you don't like one of them then you can just pic the one you do like...this is oddly optimistic of me.
Epi 23 was intense, the chop style of the fight was at times hard to follow and Raki was such a whiner... Clare is fighting to save everyone and he just sits there and cries?!!!?!!! What was he expecting to do? Hold her hand and say "it's ok clare I know things are tough but together we can do anything"...please Raki just go back to being Priscilla's pet and leave clare to her comrades. Priscilla's reaction was very interesting and she should be scared ! I wish Clare would tap into more of Teresa's power so she does not have to push herself to her limits. I suppose I will settle with...good epi but not the best.
Old 2007-09-05, 16:12   Link #240
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

I'm dling the sub just now, I'm looking forward to seeing the dialogue between raki/helen in this episode.

PS-I'm happy seeing how everyone on this page is using sigs are using one of my sigs, or avatars in some cases,makes i all worthwhile
Closed Thread