AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-01-04, 17:24   Link #1781
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Y'know, I can read just fine, no need to put those all in caps. But yeah, that clarifies things.

Also, how exactly do the Ancients become a Raid Boss? I think Lugrius' sword contained his soul, which possessed the guard, but he was a Raid Boss and an Ancient.
I tend to do that because when I argue with other people they tend to ignore what I say (points at raildex fans) sorry if that kinda irritates you but it points out the important points of the sentence. Which is really funny when people tried to brush it up and they say they read it.

Vol 6 is indeed getting translated but its getting irritating if some parts are getting jumped. Like the part when Souji's harem brigade(I refuse to call them west wind brigade) are preparing to hunt the murderer.
Old 2014-01-04, 21:25   Link #1782
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Likely most people hate Souji call them that,too
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 22:56   Link #1783
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Vol 6 is indeed getting translated but its getting irritating if some parts are getting jumped. Like the part when Souji's harem brigade(I refuse to call them west wind brigade) are preparing to hunt the murderer.
skythewood translates by which parts of a chapter are "easier" for him. He finished the WWB part earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
Likely most people hate Souji call them that,too
That's their guild's reputation, they probably don't even care. Although it's stated that Souji wasn't particularly interested in a harem ... so he probably has no idea what they're talking about anyways, considering the comments on his Libra Festival schedule ("has no clue why there is tension in the guild hall during breakfast", "doesn't know why other guilds leave when his guild arrives for a picnic")

Oh, and for anyone interested:
There's a slow-moving, ongoing translation of Kanami's side story going on here.
Old 2014-01-05, 07:17   Link #1784
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Reading skythewood's translation of volume 6. So it turns out that the merger with the Black Sword Knights actually did get offered, it's not a WWB manga-only thing. Seems as though Souji would have accepted, too, if it weren't for Nazuna.

I wish we could see more motherly-Nazuna in the manga, she seems to be the one really holding the guild together in the LN. She notes that Souji would probably destroy the guild if left on his own, and it's stated that she does a better job of being Guild Master.
Nazu-nee's doing fine as the guild's reigning big sister =3. Imho there are some times when a playful but wise elder sister is more approachable than a mother figure. At least she would still be seen as someone who could relate to one's problems and views =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 10:57   Link #1785
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Nazu-nee's doing fine as the guild's reigning big sister =3. Imho there are some times when a playful but wise elder sister is more approachable than a mother figure. At least she would still be seen as someone who could relate to one's problems and views =3
She's doing fine, but I feel as though the manga focuses too much on her going "Souji!! I want a kiss from you!" rather than being a big-sister figure to him. The manga depicts her less as an elder sister figure and more as just another member of his harem. If they included more of Volume 6-like stuff, I'd be happy.

I might also just want to see her change his mind about the whole joining-the-BSK thing that was mentioned in V6, because Souji simply outright refused in the manga.

And also, I do believe a new chapter of WWB (raws, that is) should be coming out on Wednesday/Thursday?
Old 2014-01-05, 11:18   Link #1786
Ganja

I thought WWB was absorbing all the BSK members who were fed-up with the elitism and their management.

Thanks for the Kanami link
Ganja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 14:20   Link #1787
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganja View Post
I thought WWB was absorbing all the BSK members who were fed-up with the elitism and their management.

Thanks for the Kanami link
Remember when Isaac offers Souji to merge guilds in chapter 7? The LN implies that Souji would have accepted the offer if it wasn't for Nazuna.

I think it was only the girls in BSK that were leaving, but we see that the guild still has female members (an elf seen in episode 6 and Giraffe-tan in episode 10).
Old 2014-01-05, 17:31   Link #1788
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Why does Nazuna have multiple tails, but Nureha only one? I assume they are same race and I read somewhere they gain more tails as they get stronger. But they are both lvl90+....

Nureha needs more fluffy tails!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 17:34   Link #1789
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Why does Nazuna have multiple tails, but Nureha only one? I assume they are same race and I read somewhere they gain more tails as they get stronger. But they are both lvl90+....

I think it's just the character creation selection.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 17:51   Link #1790
J4n1

Or Nureha hides hers, either through racial ability or her overskill.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 22:47   Link #1791
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8569/3uki.jpg

Using their innate power, foxtails can hide their tails.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 02:42   Link #1792
mucen

Quote:
Remember when Isaac offers Souji to merge guilds in chapter 7? The LN implies that Souji would have accepted the offer if it wasn't for Nazuna.

I think it was only the girls in BSK that were leaving, but we see that the guild still has female members (an elf seen in episode 6 and Giraffe-tan in episode 10).
Is the merger offer in volume 6? because I haven't read beyond volume 5. I always thought that Souji would be more willing to join a guild with Shiroe more than he would Isaac. But I don't think Shiroe would like his guild to be filled with Souji's harem either...
mucen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:46   Link #1793
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i was wondering how Nureha manage to get the City Guards on her side in Minami. After reading that bit in vol6 i guess Nureha made contact viva the nobles and seduce the head of the Kunie Clan in the city.
Old 2014-01-06, 15:35   Link #1794
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucen View Post
Is the merger offer in volume 6? because I haven't read beyond volume 5. I always thought that Souji would be more willing to join a guild with Shiroe more than he would Isaac. But I don't think Shiroe would like his guild to be filled with Souji's harem either...
Yes, and it's indirectly stated in Nazuna's sort of inner monologue/thoughts on Soujiro. Shiroe hadn't formed Log Horizon at that point, if the timeline of the WWB manga and the LN are roughly the same; Isaac gives the offer while or before Shiroe leaves for Susukino in the manga.

Spoiler for quote:

In other news, Mamare is releasing a short story with the Blu-Ray for the LH anime.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-01-06, 21:54   Link #1795
meh

I wonder if Shiroe would be better or worse off in the WWB. On one hand, it's a guild full of girls. OTOH, none of those girls would actually like him.

Not sure how much you can spoil here, but tagged just in case.

Thoughts on Book 6.

Spoiler for Some book 6 contents:

And a rant on book 7.

Spoiler for In some ways spoil nothing and in other ways spoil everything for book 7:
Old 2014-01-07, 04:54   Link #1796
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Cliffhanger? What cliffhanger?
Novel 7 ended at a perfect stopping point, with raid finished and our boys returning to Akiba with their friends waiting with open arms.

I mean there were set-ups for upcoming stories, but no more so than any other volume.
Unless you're just talking about Krusty's situation.
Old 2014-01-07, 14:42   Link #1797
DQueenie13

Maybe meh was confused by the volume 8 preview that was included in volume 7?
Old 2014-01-08, 23:18   Link #1798
Kyu Renjo

Oh man. That Soujiro vs Murderer battle, chapter 3 part 4. That's intense.

And finally a battle scene after all fluffy slice-of-life on whole volume 5, lol.

~ "Save you from anything" ~
Kyu Renjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 02:43   Link #1799
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I've been wondering for a while now but, if they know the ingredients for the weightless bag, couldn't the production guilds just make them through trial and error? Did they ever find the quest for it for the new people? seems like they could make them if they really tried.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 03:00   Link #1800
Iamis

My opinion is that the quest for the magic bag is not around anymore

If the maker is an Ancient it means hes dead
If hes not an Ancient he probably has better things to do than sit around and make bags

In fact lots quests are probably gone going by that logic

They probably could reproduce the magic bag but its probably not high on the priority list for "we have to make this"
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers