Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-25, 23:05   Link #81
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I'm confused. Did Aion just show all of them a preview of what a reset world was like? Or did only Koharu see it?
I'm confused as well. Especially since the brief next episode preview makes it look like the reset did in fact happen.

Well, at least the reset audiovisuals themselves were appropriately impressive and epic-seeming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
There is no point in resetting the world, because everything will just go to shit all over again. To accomplish a real change, they have to give the world (the people, to be more precise) a chance to learn from their mistakes. It's a slow and painful process, just like our very own history, but there's no other way.
I'm leaning the same way myself.

The world reset is an interesting sci-fi concept, and I can definitely understand why they tried it the first time, maybe even the 2nd. But if I was one of the 12 main protagonists, I'd feel pretty skeptical of the world reset succeeding on yet another attempt. I'd also be inclined to think that humanity has had enough extra chances, and it's time for us to sink or swim without the world reset bailing us out again.

Quote:
Anyway, I hope Koharu can stop the reset. Her motivation is pretty selfish but what she's doing is ultimately the right thing.
Koharu's motivation may be selfish, but it's highly sympathetic. Koharu seems to have spent almost all of her life feeling lonely and isolated. Then she meets Kakeru, who she has bonded very deeply with. Kakeru/Kohari strikes me as both a romance and two best friends. I can understand that being just too much for a person to emotionally withstand losing, so I can understand Koharu's emotions pretty much forcing her to rebel at the very possibility of losing Kakeru.

Though I will admit there is a slight hypocrisy here given what Koharu and Kakeru said to Shirou in the previous episode.
Old 2016-03-27, 04:30   Link #82
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Wow. Ep11. Epic. The Reset... or not. Best anime this season.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 21:17   Link #83
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

6/10 A nice ending never figured out what Ron was good or bad