AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-05, 03:28   Link #1261
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah it's a piece that's been used a few times already. Glad they used it during Gaius' death speech. Worked quite well.
Old 2009-08-05, 13:25   Link #1262
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Best Episode EVER!!!! 5 Stars All Around!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 15:44   Link #1263
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Excellent episode the biggest bad ass of them all returns Ogam FTW. I really wanted to see him beat the Golem in his true form though. But still he returned and handed all authority over Arthur.

Like everyone did i enjoyed the sweet moments between Morgan and Octavia but i didnt get Yuri vibes at all from it. I pretty much thought of it as a bond between sisters which they basically are now. There are no other female warriors besides the two they were destined to become close with one another. With Octavia's short game and Morgans long range game a solider would be lucky to get even close to them.

Arwan as usually knows how to make entrance (that poor random solider in the front of the door) Arwan left the fight to Arthur and i see why he did once we got the explanation behind little king. It was fairly obvious from the start that Arwan was grooming Arthur for a greater role Ogam also knows this. In order for others to accept Arthur in time as king he needs to lead. Hence him leading the rescue and him being on the front line at all times and most important seeing that Arthur would defend his people at all cost in other words he needs to show kingly attributes.

The fight with Gaius has always been Arthur's fight to fight not Arwan's which was obvious by Arwan not lifting a finger to fight him and calling him "mortal". Once Gaius figured out that in order to win he didn't need to beat Arwan but Arthur who was a direct challenge to Gaius walking the road of a king.

I knew how the fight was going to end once it started and i knew the killing blow would be abdomen either from left to right or right to left. Gaius's sword technique is indeed fearsome but leaves several holes. The way Gaius compensates is by fighting in a 360 degree circle because of the size of the sword its hard if not damn impossible to get close to him. Also, with his power even if you block you get tossed around like a rag doll. When i saw how calm Arthur was doing his fight i could see how over time his skills and attitude has changed. Gaius sword technique has a fatal its the vertical attack swing a sword around takes less effort the 3rd and 4th time because of inertia but swinging it down then up takes more effort all Arthur had to do was wait for the right moment side step and slash at the most vulnerable sport the stomach.

Good episode i felt Gauis's speech was a little long winded but still good. I half heartedly wished Gaius would have told Decimus to join Arthur because he would be a king worth serving.
Old 2009-08-05, 19:38   Link #1264
vincen99

I'm still wonder how did Araw detroyed that gigiantic door or gate. It not like it's just some normal door that can be knock down easily, Gaius had to use that big thing to detroy it for God sake. And when he looked at Gaius in the eye and called him mortal. Did he get his power back or he's just that strong to begin with.
vincen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 23:14   Link #1265
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincen99 View Post
Did he get his power back or he's just that strong to begin with.
Looking at the events in prior episodes preceding this, I would say that he is that strong. I presume that he did not think it necessary to use his capabilities earlier. The one time that he decided to use them when they fought the dead Gael informs us that he has been holding back all this while.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 03:08   Link #1266
klare

in eps 18, Ogam is cool, Octavia is elegant, Morgan is agile, Gaius is ... , the rest of the chars are helpful, Arawn is awaken and Arthur might become who i think he will be

a very good eps

another thing i realise is how smooth the actions have been in the entire series, especially the sword fight
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:11   Link #1267
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Looking at the events in prior episodes preceding this, I would say that he is that strong. I presume that he did not think it necessary to use his capabilities earlier. The one time that he decided to use them when they fought the dead Gael informs us that he has been holding back all this while.
While I do think that Arawn has been holding back on demonstrating his power, we can't assume that the gate explosion was evidence of this. Remember, as the owner of Avalon castle, the gates are magically keyed to respond to him. Arawn probably didn't have to exert that much power to explode the gate since he already magically controls it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 10:57   Link #1268
xizro345
King's Justice

Comparison time!

Spoiler for anime-PS3 comparison:

That said, I'll be on holiday starting tomorrow for two weeks with little net connection, so I'm not sure I'll be able to do more comparisons till I get back.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 13:40   Link #1269
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
While I do think that Arawn has been holding back on demonstrating his power, we can't assume that the gate explosion was evidence of this. Remember, as the owner of Avalon castle, the gates are magically keyed to respond to him. Arawn probably didn't have to exert that much power to explode the gate since he already magically controls it.
I agree i think he used very little magic to make the gate explode but he achieved what i think is the desired result. There was a brief pause in the fighting due the explosion that stopped the enemy forces dead in their tracks.
Old 2009-08-06, 17:48   Link #1270
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

now arthur needs a round table pizza and excalibur
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 18:20   Link #1271
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
The round table is already acquired. Haven't you noticed that the table in the main council room is round?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 20:25   Link #1272
Pineapple_Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Well, at the end of the opening there's a sword in a stone (Excalibur, if I remember correctly) in the middle of what looks like Stonehenge.

As far as the round table goes, if you're talking about the specific knights that make up the table, I'm not sure. I don't know if they'll stay totally true to the legends about that or not. It seems like he already has his round table, but its quite obviously made up of different people.
Pineapple_Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 08:07   Link #1273
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I was thinking I make a post about Tears to Tiara images. Be warned some of them might seem weird, since those have been based on the PC game's graphics, which was considerably different to the anime.
Spoiler for :

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-08-08 at 08:17.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 13:35   Link #1274
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Gah the smirk Arawn gives after calling Gaius "mortal" was epic. Need that in gif form

Edit: Done
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-08-08 at 15:52.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 13:23   Link #1275
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ep 19 review
Spoiler for EP 19 review:
Old 2009-08-09, 13:52   Link #1276
Mangaka-chan

For an intermezzo episode, 19 was pretty good. And what's more, we get a new ED! \o/

Spoiler for episode 19:

Last edited by Mangaka-chan; 2009-08-09 at 14:58.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 20:29   Link #1277
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep19:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 10:14   Link #1278
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Epona's singing was Orz. It just doesn't suit her normal voice.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 11:40   Link #1279
Kanish

Nice, quiet episode. Not sure why they revealed the entire plan though. Something better go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade beta
Before we knew it, Gaius's subordinate joined the group...
Yeah, it was too convenient.
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 07:40   Link #1280
Bordix

ah, so Decimus is with them now. . . which I find really awkward since he's allying himself with the people who pretty much killed his beloved superior.

Epona, aside from her singing voice not matching her character, I just couldn't take someone who's singing like that with baggy pants on seriously.

new ed was rather dull (meh~ eventually I'll get used to it..)

preview: more people in white and looks like will be looking into Arawn's past (it's about damn time!)

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox