031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Your stomach contents rushed forth... 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-27, 07:10   Link #61
Uchiha Soul

it's so damn Painful
i feel bad for Tsunade when Naruto said "if Jiraiya was the 5th, he will never let her go"

the little old green frog was emotionless he was tellin them the incidents like a bed time story!!!!!!
Jiraya sacrificed himself for Konoha sake and he was happy for taking a picture of his dirty green back

im afarid of one thing since Jiraiya's body is still there .. what if Pein use it instead of the one that killed by Jiraiya? i really dont want to watch this scene

Kurenai looks awesome with her belly .. Asuma-Sensei

and the pervert Kakashi with 106 .. i was crying on Jiraiya but i couldnt help myself when this scene happened .. i LMAO

Cant wait for the next "Decoding" sounds interesting

Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 11:25   Link #62
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Wait whats going on? Fillers over? what episode did the manga material resume?
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 12:40   Link #63
Sbetsho

This episode.
Sbetsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 14:17   Link #64
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
Wait whats going on? Fillers over? what episode did the manga material resume?
Filler ended 151. Canon re-started at 152.

@Uchiha Soul - The little green frog aka Kishi's take on Yoda, has been around for a very long time. He's a lot older than any of the other characters. So he has seen it all. That's why Jiraiya's death didn't really phase him.

Does Raikage's secretary have a name?

Shiho's eyes.

Spoiler for Shiho:
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 15:05   Link #65
herculan

I really really didn't like the episode..
I felt like they changed to much and they didn't capture the emotions at all..
I cried during the manga like every time I watched it.. And the anime did non' to me.
And they didn't even explain everything well.. It was like the first pic of naruto was him being depressed because of itachi, but it felt like coming out of nowhere because of the filler in between.. People who watch this on tv without the manga wouldn't be able to follow or understand why the switch was so immedeate.. I didn't like the fact how they explained everything about Pain to naruto and made that the highlight instead of jiraiya dying which I felt more in the manga.. They even told naruto things like his name being nagato, him being a former student of jiraiya and that they were kids from the hidden rain.. :S They messed it up for me.. I hope the animation gets better aswell.. I mean they have made some down points lately, but I felt like these whole episodes were beneath animation lvl... Raikage looks but ugly lol
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 17:55   Link #66
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post

@Uchiha Soul - The little green frog aka Kishi's take on Yoda, has been around for a very long time. He's a lot older than any of the other characters. So he has seen it all. That's why Jiraiya's death didn't really phase him.
i see what do you mean but this is not give him an excuse .. i mean come on he must at least show some respect to his student .. he was telling them what happened as he is reading an action book!!! his way of talking make you feel like there is no realtion exist between him and Jiraiya ever?!!!

he is just caring about his disgusting back and disgusting wife .. stupid frog

Last edited by Uchiha Soul; 2010-03-27 at 18:38.
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 18:32   Link #67
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm expecting an epic OP and ED for this new arc D:
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 19:17   Link #68
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I only watched 152, but I guess Sasuke has once again retained his douchebag status...His scene with mono-eye was quite powerful if not face-slappingly classic, selfish Sasuke...I never quite seen a character learn EVERYTHING, yet not learn shit at all...Yeah kill peoples' families so you can create more emo, only child assholes like yourself...Nice...

I betcha they're gonna let him kill Kakashi one day or something...

RIP Jaraiya-boy...Ya shoulda turned into hyptno-toad and dipped before Pain got your a$$...
Old 2010-03-28, 03:16   Link #69
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
It was good, not sure how forced it felt to me, but I thought the Chiyo episode was better. Still, 9/10.

An interesting thing I noticed was how "modern" this anime really is. In 153, we have photos (which implies camera somewhere), high heels, a computer, and 24-hour convenience stores. It could be that they have always been there but I haven't noticed until now.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 03:25   Link #70
Kafriel
Senior Guest

There's always been power and technology in Naruto, ever since episode 3 (capture the cat while communicating with wireless(!!)) it's just that there are no cars or TVs, because ninja-ing through the place is faster/saves parking space and they got funky birds for delivering news.

EDIT: breaking news, according to Neshru there are TVs indeed!

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-03-28 at 11:24.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 03:29   Link #71
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Yea, otherwise it would be pretty stupid. What good use are ninja powers when enemy can use nuclear bomb.
Old 2010-03-28, 03:32   Link #72
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Yea, otherwise it would be pretty stupid. What good use are ninja powers when enemy can use nuclear bomb.
Don't count out the nuke yet. May be the bijus are being gathered just to form that ultimate jutsu aka nuclear bomb. teh-he
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 04:24   Link #73
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
they got funky birds for delivering news.
Sounds like Twitter alright
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 05:45   Link #74
herculan

I don't like the modern world naruto style either.. Would 've prefered naruto to be in some sort of Old japanese village kind of style. Like the movie: ''The Last Samurai''.
On the other hand it has always been there, ep 3 the wireless thingies to communicate, anko used a camera in the chuunin exams to spot gaara when they finished there mission and you always see stuff like modern products as milk cartons and chips bags..
But it doesn't fit in the naruto 'verse..

Last edited by Hunter; 2010-03-28 at 12:31.
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 06:26   Link #75
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
it's just that there are no cars or TVs
there are TVs
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 15:38   Link #76
OkamiNoKaze

Yeah that convenience store did seem a bit out of place, The odd modern tech in feudal age is kind of odd. And did 152 have the longest intro in anime history, I think it was over 9 min before the opening, I thought where I was watching it cut off the opening and ending again. The episodes them self, were bittersweet, as expected.
Old 2010-03-29, 01:20   Link #77
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

In the very first Naruto movie, we see actors filming a movie. Naruto also has movie theaters. Now the movies are non-canon, but I always found that funny.

I find it interesting how little Sakura can relate to Naruto. She didn't even talk to him. Naruto is always looking for a father/big brother figure and best friend(due to Sasuke bailing). So I guess she really can't fill those roles like Iruka and Shikamaru. But at least she could have tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
I hope the animation gets better aswell.. I mean they have made some down points lately, but I felt like these whole episodes were beneath animation lvl... Raikage looks but ugly lol
The Raikage is ugly. You are talking about 152 which was crap. But 153 was beautiful. Best animation in a very long time.

It seems like you didn't watch 153 which everyone seems to love.
Old 2010-03-29, 05:31   Link #78
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
I hope the animation gets better aswell.. I mean they have made some down points lately, but I felt like these whole episodes were beneath animation lvl... Raikage looks but ugly lol
Episode 152 was one of the worst looking episodes in quite some time. But episode 153 was top notch. That was as good as a talking episode can look, with the exception of 82.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I find it interesting how little Sakura can relate to Naruto. She didn't even talk to him. Naruto is always looking for a father/big brother figure and best friend(due to Sasuke bailing). So I guess she really can't fill those roles like Iruka and Shikamaru. But at least she could have tried.
Yeah, that really surprised me when these chapters came out in the manga. It has been hinted before that Sakura really cares for Naruto, but even if she didn't, she could at least say something to the guy that has been her teammate for the longest time. I don't get it.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 07:03   Link #79
Alchemist007
*Author

It did sorta seem like Kishi was going for a 'male companionship' thing post revelation of Jiraiya's death.
Old 2010-03-29, 19:22   Link #80
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
They already have a nuke; It's the Forbidden Fury Jutsu...

Oh, wait, that was filler, so it doesn't count...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion