AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 123 57.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 24.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 9.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 3.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.47%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-19, 11:47   Link #161
Alucard24

Except he's not the one who writes it in the first place.

This last episode was, of course, not as good as the 23th but I don't think it's even possible !
Old 2011-09-19, 12:33   Link #162
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
To write a theory sure, but Nakabachi simply had to remember what he read.
Even a student won't forget a theory that he studied for a while, and Nakabachi is a scientist. He also had to verify the theory before selling it to the Russians.
A theory is not occult gibberish, it's a series of logical passages. He should have been able to reconstruct it.
It's a hypothesis, not a theory. When Nakabachi stole his daughter's papers, time travel was still something deemed impossible and Kurisu hadn't experimented with her findings yet to see if they would actually work. It wasn't until she met Okabe that she could run tests to eventually turn her hypothesis into a scientific theory.
Old 2011-09-19, 23:18   Link #163
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Btw,no one here found it's strange that after Mayuri was built up to be the final boss/the key role of the whole anime.... (you know the whole abstract screen of Mayuri with sandy/post-apocalypse background and how she said that she have always been with Okarin even if he can't remember....etc...) we ended up with Kurisu ending?

So... In the game, can we select Mayuri instead of Okarin as playable character? I'm pretty sure Mayuri can have the same endings Okarin had with any of the girls (include you, Ruka)

The translation job will be much easier through, as a third of the script will be Tuturu~
Old 2011-09-20, 02:41   Link #164
revive4563

Anime version was "True ending". However the true ending is sequel chapter of Kurisu ending.

Quote:
So... In the game, can we select Mayuri instead of Okarin as playable character? I'm pretty sure Mayuri can have the same endings Okarin had with any of the girls (include you, Ruka)
No. If that so, it's literally Novel Yuri game. Either way, Mayuri can't makes Ruka pregnant though. (except when Baby is adopted child)

btw, the final episode of anime version was too happy vibes. But in VN version, I think Suzuha will not be born in near future in fact.
Because in VN, she said "I hope that we'll meet again" in time machine and there is no convergence in S;G time line.
Maybe that was the farewell scene to Suzuha practically.

And it was not happy ending for Mayuri at all. She's jealous of Kurisu in VN.
Old 2011-09-20, 07:31   Link #165
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Btw,no one here found it's strange that after Mayuri was built up to be the final boss/the key role of the whole anime.... (you know the whole abstract screen of Mayuri with sandy/post-apocalypse background and how she said that she have always been with Okarin even if he can't remember....etc...) we ended up with Kurisu ending?
~
But that scene was one of Okabe's bad endings just like all the other endings that killed off Mayuri. She was never built up as a final boss. She does have a key role.
Old 2011-09-20, 07:45   Link #166
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
No. If that so, it's literally Novel Yuri game. Either way, Mayuri can't makes Ruka pregnant though. (except when Baby is adopted child)
Aww.... Tuturu~ didn't play any more role in the LN than the anime then

Wait, so Ruka is pregnant in her ending? Or was it simply hinted at a kid? After all, kid can be adopted

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But that scene was one of Okabe's bad endings just like all the other endings that killed off Mayuri. She was never built up as a final boss. She does have a key role.
I don't think she has that much a key role. If we take Feyris to play her role, it's still kinda work...

I still found Okarin's post-apocalypse dream with Mayuri's voice kinda misleading and unnecessary

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-09-20 at 21:14.
Old 2011-09-21, 07:38   Link #167
Ramong
Danish geek

Send a message via MSN to Ramong
Liked the series a lot, was defiantly a pleasant surprise

Found it kinda wierd, as some other have said, that Okarin fell in love with kirisu and not Mayurii, since we spend so much time trying save her, and the intro kinda made her out to be more importaint :P

Though Mayurii and Okabe would finally be happy together.
Haven't played the game, but if it was the true ending we got, then I can't really complain.
Old 2011-09-21, 12:33   Link #168
Smaugikun

I have a question about the last two episodes.

How did Suzuha (year 2036) knew what she must do, if the the future Okarin was in 2025?
And was Okarin who send Suzuha different one from Okarin who was on the the d-video? (because the 'killer' Okarin could not have existed before that)
Old 2011-09-21, 18:57   Link #169
kitten320

I'm totally confused about this ending...
1) Shouldn't there be like 3 Okarin's by now? After all he had already physically traveled in the past and his actions left a mark... so where the hell is 2nd Okarin? What happened to him? It weren't just memories that got transfered!

2) How exactly faking the death actually changes anything? I don't see any difference from what he did with Mayuri. Makise could easily get crashed by something at that point, like some heavy box falling on top of her while she is uncossiouse =/

3) Shouldn't they change the time lines again? After all this time Okarin will text again to inform about Makise's "death" what had activated time machine last time. And as far as I understood, he threw it out after the incident. If he did it before the incident than he could not travel back in time together with Suzuha.

The last scene reminded of Butterfly effect.

On a side note, the whole Okarin/Makise love thing seemed forced... they were always on friendly bases and then suddenly Okarin declares his love to her... especially after he spent so much time trying to save Mayuri... It felt the same as in Kanon with Yuuichi and Ayu =/
Old 2011-09-21, 19:29   Link #170
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm totally confused about this ending...
1) Shouldn't there be like 3 Okarin's by now? After all he had already physically traveled in the past and his actions left a mark... so where the hell is 2nd Okarin? What happened to him? It weren't just memories that got transfered!

2) How exactly faking the death actually changes anything? I don't see any difference from what he did with Mayuri. Makise could easily get crashed by something at that point, like some heavy box falling on top of her while she is uncossiouse =/

3) Shouldn't they change the time lines again? After all this time Okarin will text again to inform about Makise's "death" what had activated time machine last time. And as far as I understood, he threw it out after the incident. If he did it before the incident than he could not travel back in time together with Suzuha.

The last scene reminded of Butterfly effect.

On a side note, the whole Okarin/Makise love thing seemed forced... they were always on friendly bases and then suddenly Okarin declares his love to her... especially after he spent so much time trying to save Mayuri... It felt the same as in Kanon with Yuuichi and Ayu =/
I can answer to some of your questions (according to others who more familiar to this), even when i am not quite agreed with them...

1) There is no time travel in this anime, they simply jump to different parallel world every time they "travel". So the time he went back to kill Kurisu, it was Alpha 1. And the time he go back to fake her death,it is Alpha 2,which is mostly similar,except those that affected by his action. The problem is? Yes,there are lots of Beta worldline where Mayuri is dead, Okarin is either disappeared or left a copy of himself back in that damned world

2) You knows the philosophical question: "if a tree fall down in a a deep rainforest, does it make sound?" (similar to Schrödinger's cat problem)? In this anime, the universe answered "no". If Kurisu's status (dead or alive) is not known for sure by a second party of her original worldline then she can be both dead and alive. In Mayuri case,she is dead so it is harder to change

3) Basically what is going on in the last episode is this: Alpha world line>> Okarin 2 changed the world line to "Stein gates" >>> Kurisu didn't die, but lay in a pool of blood >>> Okarin 1 freaked out triggerred the microwave time machine >>> Beta worldline >>> Mayuri died 183627314 times >>> Okarin 1 delete SERN's record >>> go back to Stein Gates world line where Kurisu waked up, wondering what kind of freak bath herself in blood when she's unconscious (j/k)

Agree that Okarin x Kurisu kinda forced. But as long as Tuturu~ became available in the end, i don't mind
Old 2011-09-21, 21:02   Link #171
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

The big hole in the theory is the 'TV' scene. Okabe saw that hence he is 'Fixed'. If he didn't see the TV scene he could've done the whole thing and still stayed in the same timeline.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2011-09-22, 09:31   Link #172
kitten320

I'm still confused about most things but thanks for trying to explain

Though I do not agree about world lines... I can understand them when he was transfering his memories, that's understandable... but physical body is something totally different!

Ah well, I guess I'll have to accept it.

2) So basicly they deceived "God/fate" by creating illusion? And that "God/Fate" eye was that time Okarin who found her?
Old 2011-09-22, 10:49   Link #173
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
I'm still confused about most things but thanks for trying to explain

Though I do not agree about world lines... I can understand them when he was transfering his memories, that's understandable... but physical body is something totally different!

Ah well, I guess I'll have to accept it.

2) So basicly they deceived "God/fate" by creating illusion? And that "God/Fate" eye was that time Okarin who found her?
1) To simplify, transferring physical body will be like "cut" and "paste" your body from one world to another. When the memories will be like "edit" the memories of that person there

2) Yeah, you can say so...
Old 2011-09-22, 16:34   Link #174
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
I2) So basicly they deceived "God/fate" by creating illusion? And that "God/Fate" eye was that time Okarin who found her?
Pretty much. The whole idea was that if Okabe still saw the same image of Kurisu in her pool of blood, they could save her without actively moving the world lines.
Old 2011-09-22, 21:55   Link #175
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Pretty much. The whole idea was that if Okabe still saw the same image of Kurisu in her pool of blood, they could save her without actively moving the world lines.
...which is still does not make sense unless Okarin is the center of universe. I means if you think about that. There's still Kurisu's dad who knew about the status of Kurisu. So he should have to deceive both Okarin, and her dad, and Mayuri+ Okarin (paint a plastic toy thing metal for example) for the plan to work

Basically there's always holes in time traveling story. It's up to the director to hide it well or not
Old 2011-09-22, 23:03   Link #176
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
...which is still does not make sense unless Okarin is the center of universe. I means if you think about that. There's still Kurisu's dad who knew about the status of Kurisu. So he should have to deceive both Okarin, and her dad, and Mayuri+ Okarin (paint a plastic toy thing metal for example) for the plan to work

Basically there's always holes in time traveling story. It's up to the director to hide it well or not
Okabe is the trigger that started the whole mess so he had to trick himself. Kurisu looked dead and that generated the email not that she was dead. Kurisu's dad wouldn't complain either way since he wanted her dead and was on the run. It didn't matter to the timeline if the toy was metal or plastic just the fact that Kurisu picks it up.
Old 2011-09-23, 22:11   Link #177
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

What would of been a nice touch to the ending, is that the future okabe, who gotten the metal oppa before the past obake, actually gives it to Mayuri, when Daru was holding onto the badges. or this doesn't fit the timeline somehow?
Old 2011-09-24, 02:02   Link #178
Alucard24

Kurisu being dead or alive is not important regarding fate/god. Okabe HAD to say "Kurisu is dead" in a D-mail and sern HAD to intercept the D-mail, that's all.

In this timeline, she's not predestined to die, she's predestined to be seen as dead for a moment by Okabe.
Old 2011-09-24, 20:17   Link #179
kitten320

Then the wold lines had to change again because of that d-mail =/
Old 2011-09-24, 22:11   Link #180
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Basically, regardless of what happens it seems poor Okabe is doomed to being caught in those three weeks of trying to save Mayuri.