AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-14, 11:32   Link #2781
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually I was wondering about that. Why go through the KV line rather than the IS? I thought you LIKED maneuverability.
Old 2013-02-14, 11:37   Link #2782
Sumeragi
Banned

When in doubt, derp.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 11:44   Link #2783
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

If you go to the KV line then good luck, the KV-4 will give you Nightmares
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 12:31   Link #2784
Gravitas Free Zone

My plan to get the IS from the KV-1S continues. I do like maneuverability.

(On that note, I switched out the 122mm D-2-5T and am giving the 85mm another try. I'd found myself in a few situations where I'd get a good shooting position for my KV-1S and then not be able to exploit the position properly because by the time the cannon reloaded everyone else had run off.)

However, I still have the KV-1 and am finishing the research tree to elite it. The XP for the KV-2 was available fairly quickly. I could have just continued to play the KV-1 normally, researched the T-150, and been done with it, but the weird allure of the KV-2 made me want to actually get one and give it a try. It's certainly... unique.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 12:35   Link #2785
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Aww man, why did you get the KV lines first!!??

If you gotten the IS, we would have a platoon of awesome IS brawling!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 12:43   Link #2786
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

The T29 is worth it if ur fighting in the city brawls with gold rounds for max dmg. Anyways i'm 8.6k xp away from M103, sure I'm using free xp to do it but I'll get my tier 9 researched and free xp the rest of the M103. I won't play it stock.

I'm still thinking about which line I should do next. I could go the damn commie the IS line or dirty nazis KT line, or maybe try out the autoloader line on the US tree.

I feel like the T-34 commie sux even with 57mm and really good pen, 2.2 sec reload, it's lack of dmg sux, My Matilda reloads 1.81 secs with the 2nd 2 pdr gun, but does better because its more accurate than the damn commie wannabie. On top having better armor ability for its class.

Yeah so i'm not gonna bother with the Pz III/IV line. Anyone tried the US autoloader line? I might do it as a secondary or third line, cuz i'm liking the hellcat line.
Old 2013-02-14, 12:46   Link #2787
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

If Q wants and IS platoon, then I don't mind going IS as my second main line. might take awhile tho. Teru said she's working on getting the IS. I think she just needs to buy it and research upgrades.
Old 2013-02-14, 13:58   Link #2788
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I have a IS in my main acc, if someone wants we could platoon this weekend.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:14   Link #2789
Tak

You should, I hardly catch you on, though

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:23   Link #2790
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I really should put your names in my main acc friends list.

On another note, in my 3rd acc I unlocked the Michael Jackson, now I only need the money to buy it.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:28   Link #2791
Tak

Ah, but I have been compiling that list for a very long time for your convenience

- Tak

Old 2013-02-14, 14:28   Link #2792
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

anyone here have arty that they play?

cause i got a Bison (II), Wespe (III), and traded my Priest (IV) for Grille (IV).

i want to try an arty platoon at least once to see how it does.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:30   Link #2793
Tak

I actually want to get into the arty line eventually... anyone got a suggestion? I like lots of ammo.

- Tak

Old 2013-02-14, 14:39   Link #2794
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I actually want to get into the arty line eventually... anyone got a suggestion? I like lots of ammo.

- Tak
As a Experienced arty played I'll give you a fast school about every nation arty:

-Russian: High Damage, Average aiming time, Small ammount of shells, average precision. The S-51 and Object 261 are totally murderous (a stock S-51 can oneshot french tanks like the Lorraine and anything bellow 900hp, and the 261 with AP shells can rain fear over the enemy team)

-USA: Balanced in everything (their high tiers rely mostly on splash damage, but if a shell catches you, you are dead man)

-German: Or why you will learn to hate the Hummel when is in the enemy team. This arty has the best accuracy and can make heavy tanks drivers to grind their teeth on frustration. Sadly the GwTiger & Gw Type E are steps backwards compared to the others.

-French: High precision, average damage, good aiming time. Their tier 8 has a rotating turret & autoloader, sadly it takes almost a minute to reload and the shells don't do a lot of damage.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:43   Link #2795
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm very close to eliting, and then selling, my Wespe, because SPG play isn't all that much fun for me. (And because I really do need to cut down on the number of tank lines that I'm messing with.)

The Wespe wasn't bad (except for the glacial reload time) in itself though.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:48   Link #2796
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^Well, the reload time is almost the same from the Wespe onwards. The grille has 19 seconds reload, and the Hummel has a 22 seconds reload with the last gun (19 if you put rammer & brother in arms).

Better said, any arty over tier 4 has an average reload time of 20+ seconds.
Old 2013-02-14, 15:37   Link #2797
Gravitas Free Zone

Well, I got the Grille researched, then sold the Wespe. I think the crew will be chilling in the barracks for a while—unless I decide to burn a bit of cash and move them back to scouts.

Meanwhile, I've now had three games in the last 24 hours where I finished a round with 79 capture points. So close, yet so far.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:10   Link #2798
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Ferdinand is mine. That is all.
Old 2013-02-14, 16:11   Link #2799
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

The power of Scout

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 16:47   Link #2800
Gravitas Free Zone

Amusingly, I just got a Kamikaze ribbon in my Crusader, ramming an... AMX 12t.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks