AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 23:05   Link #41881
DarkJak2050

Long before Vol. 8's images were released, or even the announcement of the Light Novels being published by Overlap, I already had this scene set to occur.

Spoiler for Interrogation:
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 23:06   Link #41882
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I feel your pain, brother.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:13   Link #41883
Eratas123

That's the thing: Her suit is NOT stronger than the IS. As strong as Chifuyu is, she's HUMAN. If you place a grenade next to her foot she'd get her leg blown like the rest of us. Know why people rant against OC's? Because they get suits that ANYONE can use and then suddenly they're as strong as the nukes. Given the images in V8, its most likely anyone else but Chifuyu using the suit would lead to messier and less effective results.

Again, look at Metal Gear Rising: Sam has a powersuit that allows him to fight metal gear Ray's, but characters point out that without his skill he'd just be a slightly more durable victim.

The suit is a means to an end; not the end itself.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:18   Link #41884
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
That's the thing: Her suit is NOT stronger than the IS. As strong as Chifuyu is, she's HUMAN. If you place a grenade next to her foot she'd get her leg blown like the rest of us. Know why people rant against OC's? Because they get suits that ANYONE can use and then suddenly they're as strong as the nukes. Given the images in V8, its most likely anyone else but Chifuyu using the suit would lead to messier and less effective results.

Again, look at Metal Gear Rising: Sam has a powersuit that allows him to fight metal gear Ray's, but characters point out that without his skill he'd just be a slightly more durable victim.

The suit is a means to an end; not the end itself.
This probably correct. But again, I also agree with Demi. I think it's a matter of presentation, timing and whatnot. And most importantly, individual perception, instead of mutual agreement.

Face it, as loud as we, Western I.S. fandom is pretty worthless compared to Japanese ones.

Izuru probably don't know about Marty Stu syndrome, he has more important thing to do, such as what kind of stupidity Ichika will execute, or when the harem being three kinds of moron, in which scene fanservice added, or God bless, actual plot that drive the novel from stagnancy. And yes, I wish I am sarcastic but all to I.S. is there, no more no less.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:22   Link #41885
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That feeling of inevitable flak irks me. Planning to have the Algolis Shroud Minerva going up against a couple of PT mooks led by Autumn. With both parties bumping into each other while attacking Hyperion's base.

PT guns for the captured Gospel while Inami is simply wrecking shit to render the base inoperable.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:25   Link #41886
Eratas123

Sorry, its just that complaining about the suit itself seems pointless. Would you accuse a soldier of being stupid if he chose to wear military armor/vests instead of going in with his birthday suit? As badass as Chifuyu is, she's not a comic book character like Robin who takes punches from Cinderblock and only scratch damage.

The NTR plot? Yeah that bugs me. Where the heck did the Electronic brain come from? And why did they think plugging in was a good idea?

Lastly, as part of Ichika's denseness, it might actually be a fabrication. Notice that we NEVER leave his 1st person perspective, so his narration could be complete lies. Look at Kodaka from "Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai": He acts like the typical clueless MC, but when Rika calls him on it he admits that he was lying to both them and himself. He knew what they really felt, but he lied to the audience and made himself look oblivious. And since we never left his perspective, we thought he was being honest.

Ichika already admitted that he doesn't want a girlfriend; mayhaps he's lying about how he sees things.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:27   Link #41887
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
This probably correct. But again, I also agree with Demi. I think it's a matter of presentation, timing and whatnot. And most importantly, individual perception, instead of mutual agreement.

Face it, as loud as we, Western I.S. fandom is pretty worthless compared to Japanese ones.

Izuru probably don't know about Marty Stu syndrome, he has more important thing to do, such as what kind of stupidity Ichika will execute, or when the harem being three kinds of moron, in which scene fanservice added, or God bless, actual plot that drive the novel from stagnancy. And yes, I wish I am sarcastic but all to I.S. is there, no more no less.
Maybe I should pull the plug then...
Old 2013-04-24, 23:30   Link #41888
Eratas123

Jak, stop acting so self-centered:/ What, because your opinion doesn't matter much compared to the possibly hundreds of thousands of other fans, you back out? No offense, but that's really self-centered and kinda whiny.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:31   Link #41889
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Nay nay, that'll be a crime.

Which brings me to ask, Jak. What is your ideal anti-IS unit? Weapons, armor etc.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:32   Link #41890
DarkJak2050

I'm having a tough time trying to get things working...

Maybe things will change after reading Vol. 8.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:36   Link #41891
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Bro, stop sniping at each other. I knew this forum has no moderator, so let's get along even with

@ Jak
It applies to any fandom, really. Anime fandom is like that, with some exception exist but mostly really few. The inverse applies to superhero or western scifi.

Bakugan for example is mostly an one season niche in Japan, but huge fad in USA.

It's a matter of money, in the end. And western I.S. fandom don't generate enough to be noticed.

@ Eras
I understand, which is why I'm posting the above. Everyone can have opinion, but not shove it on anyone without caring.

Which is where your opinion are right, this is a discussion thread, so let's share without force

@ Stratos
I can feel the aneurysm here... serious.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:37   Link #41892
Eratas123

All of are:/ Right now, I have deal with the fact that Future Imperfect has become BORING for me. Not annoying or hard to write, just plain boring But I write because there are still people waiting to read.

@ Senpai - Your opinion is your opinion You guys stated yours, I stated mine.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:40   Link #41893
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Nay nay, that'll be a crime.

Which brings me to ask, Jak. What is your ideal anti-IS unit? Weapons, armor etc.
Something that's small, yet durable for combat armor.

They said that an IS is an powered exo-suit, but after looking at it, I feel that it's like a mech with the oversized limbs and they often have to climb in it, like a typical mech.

As for combat armor, you can easily wear it because of the smaller size.

And if two fighters who are equal in speed yet different in size, who has the advantage?

The smaller fighter because smaller targets are harder to hit.

For the weapons, that's a little complicated to explain right now.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:46   Link #41894
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Your opinion is your opinion You guys stated yours, I stated mine.
Agreed wholeheartedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Something that's small, yet durable for combat armor.

They said that an IS is an exo-powered suit, but after looking at it, I feel that it's like a mech with the oversized limbs and they often have to climb in it, like a typical mech.
WK is definitely around that size, so something require enlarged limbs.

Quote:
As for combat armor, you can easily wear it because of the smaller size.

And if two fighters who are equal in speed yet different in size, who has the advantage?
The one whose weapon hit more often, see below

Quote:
The smaller fighter because smaller targets are harder to hit.
Unless it has worse sensor stealth. Compare F-16 and F-22 raptor, for example.

It really depends on situation, really. But from what I read, jak's ideal unit has better chance fighting in cramped and crowded place, such as base corridor, in which I.S. are crippled by it's own size.
Old 2013-04-24, 23:46   Link #41895
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'll type out the scenario once I get home. Typing on the phone can be annoying... x(
Old 2013-04-24, 23:53   Link #41896
Eratas123

Hmm, does Charlotte being an affectionate parent make sense?
Old 2013-04-25, 00:03   Link #41897
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If we took the good end, very.

Because damn well she won't abandon them.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:19   Link #41898
Eratas123

Hmm, then who would be a cold parent? As of right now, I have Laura and Chifuyu in that position.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:20   Link #41899
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Chifuyu and Laura pre-V3 definitely

Probably Houki too, or maybe she's too hotheaded to act cold.
Old 2013-04-25, 00:23   Link #41900
Eratas123

What about Tabane?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest