AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-03, 06:25   Link #961

indeed
i just hope they did not drop it or something

[edit] 36 is out nice as always can't wait for 37

Last edited by loading; 2007-03-06 at 18:20.
loading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 19:37   Link #962
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thumbs up

For those of you that dont know Episode 36 subbed is out go get boys and girls WHOO HOO

Spoiler for ep 36:
Old 2007-03-07, 20:43   Link #963
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 44 raw

This show just does not disappoint. The anime I love most leave me with this full feeling in my chest: fullness of love, doubt, joy, fear. Paku Romi shows why she was chosen best seiyuu of last year for this role. And Olivia's ending song "Winter Sleep" pierces my heart, like so much of the rest of the music did in this episode. NANA moves in a higher dramatic and emotional universe from 99% of other anime.
Spoiler for ep44:
Staff for this episode:
-- script by the main scriptwriter, Konparu Tomoko 金春智子
-- storyboard by Sayama Kyouko 佐山聖子 who has done a number of other episodes, and also a lot of storyboards for eps of other series, including ARIA the Natural, Uta~Kata, Chrono Crusade, Princess Chu Chu, Last Exile, Bokura ga Ita, et al., and has worked with top anime writer Yoshida Reiko.
-- directed by Yamazaki Tomomasa 山崎友正 for whom this seems to be the first episode (he has done episodes of Gargoyle of the Yoshinagas and Nerima Daikon Brothers)

I liked the results of their work.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 23:01   Link #964
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh, good God. #44 was amazing.

No spoilers, just a promise that this was probably one of the, if not THE best episode of NANA. It's funny, it's shocking, it's dramatic, it's romantic.

This was the funniest moment of the episode.
Spoiler:

And this was the most dramatic.
Spoiler:

Last edited by MrProphet; 2007-03-07 at 23:45.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 02:26   Link #965
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
And this was the most dramatic.
Spoiler:
o0ooo~ i love that moment too.. it's so representative of the gothic romance they share and the sado-masochism really kicks it in man~!!
kriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 20:16   Link #966
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 45 and the beat goes on. One reason there are comparatively few posts in this thread is that it gets boring just saying "what a great show" over and over again. The psychology just gets so convoluted, and yet is so real and normal at the same time, despite the abnormal circumstances they live in.
Spoiler for ep45:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-16 at 21:50.
Old 2007-03-16, 20:35   Link #967
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode 45 and the beat goes on. One reason there are comparatively few posts in this thread is that it gets boring just saying "what a great show" over and over again. The psychology just gets so convoluted, and yet is so real and normal at the same time, despite the abnormal circumstances they live in.
Yes, my feelings exactly.

NANA gets better and better as it approaches the end, but it isn't really all that exciting, since people don't watch the episodes and there's nobody to discuss it all with.

Oh, well, 2 episodes left till the end of the first series.

By the way, I find it funny that Ai Yazawa has been complaining in the beginning that the director was taking great liberties with her work. Well, guess what, that changed. I have been checking only the last 10-15 or so episodes, but the ones I did check were page for page, scene for scene, chapter for chapter copies of the manga.

One chapter -> one episode. And it's exactly the same thing as the manga. It's the first time I've seen such direct correlation. Not that it's bad, but seriously, NANA anime is quite unoriginal compared to the manga. I guess Yazawa carries such clout that Madhouse studio is too afraid to mess with her now. 8)
Old 2007-03-16, 23:40   Link #968
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Yes, my feelings exactly.

NANA gets better and better as it approaches the end, but it isn't really all that exciting, since people don't watch the episodes and there's nobody to discuss it all with.

Oh, well, 2 episodes left till the end of the first series.
are you s erious... :me cry:

even after doing 13 hour shifts, I'm still watching each ep!
However, I haven't any time to really read posts... and now just 2 more episodes!!!!

yikes

Mr Sin's
Quote:
However telling SHin to never mention Hachis name again was a little blunt but she then used Nobu as the excuse Nobu is fine it her who is having the hard time and does not want to her Hachis name, after all Nana said she could not feel sorry for Hachi if Takumi was not calling her because this is the life she chose to have.
Hai, but she should care as a friend, as even Nana O has to know, Hachi choose this "life" for the benefit of others she loves. The baby and the love of her life. She even knows NOW that's she's messed up and knows her chance of true happiness is shot, she's just trying to keep the damage to a minimum in her mind, choosing a good life for her baby, and not ruining the chances of her past young lover.

I still think she should of told him she loved him instead of Takumi, if for no other reason just so he would truly know. .... it's so true to life and sad, but also riveting!
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 01:44   Link #969
t3ck
Anime Freak

2 more episode? Omg... is there any news about a 2nd season?
t3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 03:07   Link #970
Beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder View Post

However, I haven't any time to really read posts... and now just 2 more episodes!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ck View Post
2 more episode? Omg... is there any news about a 2nd season?
Um, just to clarify, there's 2 episodes left of Nana... in Japan. If you are watching the fansubs, they are kind of behind right now, and there are 12 episodes left, including the last clips episode (which is the next episode).
Beansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 08:23   Link #971
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Yes, the last episode is 47. It airs on March 28th.

Sorry to have mislead some of you. It was unintentional. 8)
Old 2007-03-17, 10:28   Link #972
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

sorry, little sleep deprived, although still the thought of only 12 left.. I don't want it to end!

Will there be a "second NANA season/series?"

However, this just may be "me". As I'm still hoping for a season 2 of Bokata ga Ita and Fruits basket Plus I nearly hung myself with the "fillers" waiting for Naruto Shippuudens, but alas "well worth the wait". ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes, my name is PATHY and I am an anime addict.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 11:43   Link #973
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Will there be a "second NANA season/series?"
As far we know yes. First of all, they've hinted at it by saying that #47 would be the end of season 1. Second of all, there's still a ton of manga to animate. So far, they've waltzed through only 11 volumes out of the current 17.
Old 2007-03-19, 08:24   Link #974
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
ahhh...~ ending so soon!!
kriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 14:08   Link #975
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Guess I'll collect all 47 eps and then watch them in a rollercoaster of emotions.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 14:28   Link #976
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

yikes

Mr Sin's

Hai, but she should care as a friend, as even Nana O has to know, Hachi choose this "life" for the benefit of others she loves. The baby and the love of her life. She even knows NOW that's she's messed up and knows her chance of true happiness is shot, she's just trying to keep the damage to a minimum in her mind, choosing a good life for her baby, and not ruining the chances of her past young lover.

I still think she should of told him she loved him instead of Takumi, if for no other reason just so he would truly know. .... it's so true to life and sad, but also riveting!
its amazing how not saying anything at all can worse than actually using words. I agree Hachi should have at least told Nobu she loved just so he would know it was not all just a waste.

I really wish my japanese was better because waiting for subs is worse than karaoke torture. BUt with Nana i have to hear dialog for me to truly enjoy it. The crappy thing is this thread goes dead for so long after one is subbed and only a few watch the raws. oh well good things come to those who wait
Old 2007-03-22, 12:33   Link #977
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Episode 46

Oh, Lordy!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-22, 17:02   Link #978
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I was watching Nana religiously for quite a while but for some reason I've fallen off the cart (might be all the other shows I'm watching, huh?)
Old 2007-03-22, 19:02   Link #979
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep46:
...along with the music. Another good ED, especially the turns in her voice. "stand by me" by Anna Tsuchiya.

>>zrdb: I was the same. I let episodes slide for a while, too. I think it was because I found my Japanese not quite up to the nuances of the dialogue. But whether it's that my Japanese has improved or that I am just too involved in the story to mind, I found myself catching up and now eagerly await each new episode. And I have the luxury of being able to use the Chinese subs, which come out within a day or two of the raw, to supplement my understanding.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-22 at 20:21.
Old 2007-03-26, 05:17   Link #980
diane_cheeze
Social Sipper

unfortunately i gotta wait and wait for the english subs! and worse thing is that the subs release dates are getting further and further apart! sobzzz

i really wanna know what happens between Takumi and Hachi... as in after their marriage do they still continue to b together all the way? or divorce? if anyone knows please please spoil it for me i really want to know! hehe i more or less know that Takumi isnt really the Loyal Husband type so hit me with what happens please!

Tags
drama, romance