AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-07, 22:28   Link #1
Falkor

Kill Me Baby

Kill Me Baby is a manga series written and illustrated by Kazuho, serialized in Manga Time Kirara Carat. still on-going with one volume so far scanlated.

Quote:
It's a 4-panel style manga that follows the comedic life of a typical school girl Yasuna and her assassin classmate Sonya. Sonya’s attempt to fit in often fails when her natural assassin instincts kick in and Yasuna’s attempt to be more friendly with Sonya often gets her hurt or intimidated.
Link : Manga

a few comments:

I was looking for a 4-koma to read and finally found one that is really to my liking. The humor is great, slightly below SS Astro, but great nonetheless. it has really funny and enjoyable situations, with characters, whose interaction, can make you smile and care for them. if you like 4-koma, you will laugh, you will rejoice reading this.

One of the heroines strongly reminds of Lucky Star's Kagami. not only does she have twin-tails (Kagami style); but she looks, acts and behaves like the former, in great "tsundere" fashion. Her partner in crime is really hard to describe, but she has bits of Azumanga Tomo's energy, Osaka's charming airhead-ness, Yotsubato's innocence and Ichigo Miu's spontaneity. she is the one and only one capable of bringing the inner "tsundere" of Sonya, though often at her own expense.

Some of my favorite chapters: Banana-Boomerang-->Bread-Frisbee situation on the rooftop, and everything that followed; The Bear in the park; Self-defense in the classroom; Fanning each other in a hot summer; and the Rainy Season.

Yasuna strongly reminds of myself. ~fufufufu

oh Yen Press please license this.
Old 2010-08-07, 22:47   Link #2
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
lol the title had me fooled. Was expecting some mature and violent stuff. XD
Old 2010-08-08, 14:14   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ah Kill Me Baby, I had picked this up earlier in the year when I started seeing the releases and it is very funny.
Sonya is awesome but I find myself liking Yasuna more, she's imensely amusing but then I think it's supposed to be that way.

I look forward to more of this, it's very very amusing to say the least
Old 2010-08-14, 22:38   Link #4
Falkor

chapter 16-17

I find myself smiling/laughing while reading this. it's quite surprising that the manga never gets boring despite the lack of more characters. the funny situations and interactions between Yasuna and Sonya continue to be as endearing as past chapters.

anyway, chapter 16 was funny, so funny. Bombs Away!!! <--- lol and ... drive the car into a tree?

and... from chapter 17, Yasuna's "disguise" and the snowman's head.
Old 2010-08-15, 01:20   Link #5
Kenn
Stomp

Sonya slaughtering Yasuna's snowmen reminded me of that Calvin and Hobbes comic where Calvin made an exhibit of gruesome snowmen deaths. Yasuna's snowmen died in vain .

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Old 2010-09-09, 15:53   Link #6
Falkor

I just realized that there isn't a whole lot to say about a 4-koma chapter. anyway...

chapter 18 (vol.02 c04)

Yasuna fell right into the trap, one she didn't see coming...

and that was a cute dog, lol. probably one of my favorite gags so far.

oh Sonya is very smart.
Closed Thread

Tags
4-koma, comedy, school life, seinen