AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-29, 10:54   Link #921
AP24

So did the anime cover up to vol 5 of the LN?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 11:10   Link #922
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Great final episode.
Spoiler:
Azusa lost? What a terrible series.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 11:21   Link #923
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Gotta wait for the subs for the details, but it's closer to "think back a few episodes".

Though I'm completely confused about something in the last set of scenes. You'll know when the pictures hit.

Last edited by SQA; 2013-06-29 at 11:38.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 12:30   Link #924
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
NSFW
Official Art Scan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-29, 16:07   Link #925
Avaricia
My Lord

So did Tsukasa survive or not? I'm not sure cuz they didn't show her at the ending...
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 17:15   Link #926
taichi-kun

I didn't like this final episode..

I wanted to know more about:
- the husband's death(Nobody cares about him in this series)
-tsukasa mysterious illness(if you have such a big house,just pay a hospital or call a doctor when she is agonizing).Name of the disease please.
-the italy-grandparents issue got resolved so easy and without us seeing it(and they never explained why tsukasa felt sooooo guilty that she didn't go to the meeting).

oh and azusa's kiss was a dream for her.. ok.

6/10 for this and only for tsukushi.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 17:43   Link #927
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a very heartwarming episode. It was very sweet to see Tsukasa reunited with her daughters, and to have little Youto be acknowledged as part of of their family.

I ended up liking this series more than I thought I would. The girls are extremely cute and the plot is absolutely crazy. I wasn't bored for a minute. 8/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Not exactly. "I don't ever want to make a girl cry" -> sounds to me like he's aiming for the harem route. Tsukiko does seem to be his first choice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
So did Tsukasa survive or not? I'm not sure cuz they didn't show her at the ending...
She still died, but it looks like the four of them got to make more memories together thanks to Yokodera's intervention in the past. Although Yokodera himself doesn't remember.
Old 2013-06-29, 18:17   Link #928
ElMikkino

From the beginning, this anime really went above and beyond all the expectations I'd set for it, and it never let up. All the characters were consistently adorable, it never took itself seriously and used that to its advantage, yet when heavy moments did come up, they always executed them so naturally.

When Yokodera actually kissed Tsukiko at the end, that was the icing on the cake for me. There are so many lesser animes that would've made Tsukushi burst in at just the wrong time and interrupt the moment, but this one did the right thing and stuck to its guns. And then Yokodera tries to go for the harem ending anyway, which just fit his personality and the whole anime so well...

This is one of my top 5 animes now, definitely. Great job guys, best show I watched all season!
ElMikkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 19:54   Link #929
Eratas123

....What were those tails Tsukakushi and Azusa had? They kept waving around when they talked, and yet no one on the group commented on it.

Also, whatever happened to getting Tsukiko's emotive capacity back? I would've thought Yokodera's kiss would've returned it or something. She's still flat even at the ending.
Old 2013-06-29, 21:37   Link #930
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I swear, someone must've been chopping onions while I was watching the show. Especially during the parts where younger yokodera was feeling so helpless for tsukasa's situation, and the time when even though he hated the tsutsukakushi sisters, he still gave up his memories for them. The tears just wouldn't stop flowing... curse that cook who didn't think of the convenience of my eyes!

Sure it isn't as intriguing or as entertaining as other shows of the season, but the only show of the cour that let me not only smile, laugh, and have fun, but also have feelings of sorrow, empathy, and even have outright tears. I'm sure I'm one of the minority, but this is definitely my anime of the season.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 22:02   Link #931
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.12

tsukiko's mom having fever while youto hearing his younger version said about her probs & wanting keep the smile going with give advice to younger self never make them cry.

so youto go get younger steel queen & tsukiko so see their mom give steel queen bit hmm but little tsukiko get in the cab so they did arrive in with younger tsukiko goes oh food while older tsukiko wonder going on?

youto mention outfit change got him tied but refer have younger steel queen & tsukiko wear outfit their mother made for them & some fine ok go see mother but still fever.

young steel queen crying give want more time with mother til young youto heard it all give them the memories cause he mention their mom talked of a wishing cat so make it wish.

yet it also explain why youto had memory probs give tsukiko trying object it give youto let it go then ta-da teleport back to present with younger version with mom all better in the past.

back to present youto & tsukiko went back see steel queen in the mom's mouse outfit give checking all memories item give there all family give still youto as younger brother version so after tsukiko feel bit sorry guilt for what youto did but it fine.

now all set time for theme park fun time give tsukiko & asuka still wanting youto give got tsukiko "hmm" cause dream that asuka had, fun ride time, & oh youto with tsukiko on ferris wheel then quote oscar wilde.

til oops bunny kyubey appear cause youto land tsukiko still call him a pervy prince.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 22:08   Link #932
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Great last episode, hit all the right notes! The hugging of Tsukasa and her daughters + Yokodera was far too sweet a scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Also, whatever happened to getting Tsukiko's emotive capacity back? I would've thought Yokodera's kiss would've returned it or something. She's still flat even at the ending.
IIRC her emotions were in the meat bun she got back in ep 4. To which she had let her sister eat it instead.
Old 2013-06-29, 23:51   Link #933
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Once upon a time, there was an anime series with a title so lewd that many assumed that this is a nonsense anime series or a guilty pleasure at best.

However, as the story unfolds, these low expectations were surpassed- no, shattered- by the great storytelling, cute and endearing characters and a rich plot that revolved upon the supernatural and the notion of "be careful what you wish for".

I'm one of those people who never regretted picking this series up.
I came for the character designs, I died for the heart-shattering moe, and I stay tuned for the story.

Series #169 GET! A recommended series to watch!

Quote:
There were three notches on the "measuring pillar" when Tsukasa was first shown bedridden.
There were six by the present time.
I assumed that Tsukasa died later on, roughly three months after the event revisited on Episode 12, assuming that Tsukasa measures Youto once every month.

EDIT: I didn't quite catch on the rather multilayered conversations, but I find this quite bittersweet:
Quote:
The wish young Youto said was rather a vow that has obligated him to give his memories continuously to someones who need them. He can keep short-term memories about what are going on currently. But when they come to the end and turn to good old recollections, he has to give them to the others. He even cannot be aware of he lost something precious...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 23:54   Link #934
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And there's not even that many "perverted" scenes (at least later on), and even those were quite tame compared to even pretty "standard" similar events in other anime. At the very least, when one reads "hentai" in the title, they would probably expect to see To-Love-Ru/Queen's Blade/etc levels of perverted scenes.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 00:18   Link #935
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
And there's not even that many "perverted" scenes (at least later on), and even those were quite tame compared to even pretty "standard" similar events in other anime. At the very least, when one reads "hentai" in the title, they would probably expect to see To-Love-Ru/Queen's Blade/etc levels of perverted scenes.
Funny, cause I began this show to see what JC Staff came up with this time for their adaptation of a RomCom anime. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by this anime's amazing developments especially for Azusa and the sisters (I could never spell their names without looking back multiple times.).

I stayed for the YuiKaori combo and plot, watched what I wanted to see, and left to comment that this series was a great one in my book.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 00:34   Link #936
The Green One

Ouch...so Yokodera lost more then just his memories of Tsukasa, he compulsively gives away all memories after a certain timeframe of the event happening. Quite a raw deal for one act of selflessness.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 00:39   Link #937
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
....What were those tails Tsukakushi and Azusa had? They kept waving around when they talked, and yet no one on the group commented on it.

The tails are just a metaphor. A visual trick. Cause if Azusa is a "puppy" than Tsukiko is a "kitten". This thing were already used in some of first episodes
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 01:42   Link #938
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a very heartwarming episode. It was very sweet to see Tsukasa reunited with her daughters, and to have little Youto be acknowledged as part of of their family.

I ended up liking this series more than I thought I would. The girls are extremely cute and the plot is absolutely crazy. I wasn't bored for a minute. 8/10.

She still died, but it looks like the four of them got to make more memories together thanks to Yokodera's intervention in the past. Although Yokodera himself doesn't remember.
Ohhh.. I understand now
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 04:58   Link #939
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

This show met my expectations and exceeded them in the end.

I initially thought the premise would be Youto and Tsukiko looking for that which they lost, regain it, and fall in love with their shortcomings. And while that more or less still happened, after episode 4, where Tsukiko gave away her emotions to her sister, it became clear to me that this show would go beyond this. Instead, we got twist after twist and one absurd revelation after another, to eventually come back to one simple wish that tied them all together.

And what's even better, even though Youto has fallen for Tsukiko and confessed to her, he's decided he's devote his life to make the girls around him happy, so that any memories he makes with and then forgets will not be empty. Harem end, get! Ken Sugisaki would be proud!
Old 2013-06-30, 12:12   Link #940
Dop
Mmmm....

What is it about JC Staff and their ability to produce shows where you read the basic premise and think "That sounds a bit naff" but then you watch it and find that it's good fun, quite sweet, and somewhat heartwarming.
Young Yokodera giving up his memories of Tsukasa for the benefit of her daughters was a noble act of self-sacrifice, in my books, and for someone who, even in the very last cut of the last episode is still a hentai-san makes him one of the good male protagonists.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere