AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-09, 14:27   Link #4921
Ryuga

Huh, didn't realise Megumi Han was voicing Cluck.

So far, in terms of design, Kanzai and Cheadle are my favourite Zodiacs, though all of them are cool.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 15:47   Link #4922
revive4563

Togashi is really good at this kind of psychological/tactical game as always.
I hope I can enjoy this arc too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Huh, didn't realise Megumi Han was voicing Cluck.
She is doing some other characters like "Thinkerbell" (one of the Bizeff's girls).
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 22:30   Link #4923
noctis_lucis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
pariston hill (anagram of paris hilton lol) my fav character period.
I read HxH manga but I can't believe I hadn't realized that
Old 2014-07-10, 09:04   Link #4924
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Just a small curiosity - since there was a lot of talk about radiation poisoning when the Miniature Rose thing happened. Here's a freaky account from something that actually happened - feels like a story straight from the Falling Star city, in fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident

In this case, handling a small lump of radioactive material has contaminated around 250 people, killed 4, and seriously injured/maimed many others. The whole account of the incident defies belief.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 09:41   Link #4925
Gaulek

Just in case, on the net I saw a lot of people who forget that, but there always been 5 children in the Zoldyck family, chapter 39:
Spoiler for image:

In the anime, there is also that during the old Zoldyck arc:

And we already saw this picture during Feitan vs Zazan:
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 10:23   Link #4926
MCAL

I never knew Togashi referenced Alluka all the way back then. The guy is incredible with making sure nothing comes out of left field.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 10:35   Link #4927
Clarste
Human

It's not hard for a writer to say "there are five siblings" even without specific plans for all of them. Togashi is a good writer, but this seems like an odd thing to be impressed with.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 10:48   Link #4928
Gaulek

And by deduction, we already knew his/her name:
IlluMI > MIlluKI > KIlluA > *llu** > KAlluto
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 11:28   Link #4929
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 137-
Spoiler for part 1:

-----
Spoiler for part 2:

===========

All my apologizes for delaying such episode! I got a severe heat stroke yesterday and my head was killing me and I was bedridden fro the whole time.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 12:07   Link #4930
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's not hard for a writer to say "there are five siblings" even without specific plans for all of them. Togashi is a good writer, but this seems like an odd thing to be impressed with.
This isn't the first comment in this thread that baffled me. The Togashi worshiping goes a wee bit too far sometimes.

Last edited by Kanon; 2014-07-10 at 12:28.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 12:10   Link #4931
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This isn't the first comment in this thread that baffled me in this thread. The Togashi worshiping goes a wee bit too far sometimes.
This, so much this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
Preview music also changed from the usual fanfare! We're at what's presumably the final arc and NOW they decide to change it?!! Where was this decision when the Chimera Ants arc started?!
Well, regardless of the seriousness of the previous arc, Gon is out of comission now, so i guess the changes make sense.
It's like in One Piece when the crew got separated and the narrator took over the preview.

Last edited by Goty; 2014-07-10 at 12:20.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 13:16   Link #4932
MCAL

I don't see what was so wrong with my statement. Having seen many shounen and the reactions thereof, there has always been a tendency to see a introduced character and/or plot point and call bull on it immediately. But Togashi has shown time and time again that he knows his way around that (Just look at the Gon vs Pitou battle for the more interesting example). If he hadn't already shown this ability, I would never have even mentioned it in the first place. And lets not forget the two and a half years worth of hiatus.

I admit I should have gone into more detail in my first post (I try not to, but no one is perfect), but I can defend myself if need be.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-07-10 at 14:20.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 14:29   Link #4933
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I don't see what was so wrong with my statement. Having seen many shounen and the reactions thereof, there has always been a tendency to see a introduced character and/or plot point and call bull on it immediately. But Togashi has shown time and time again that he knows his way around that (Just look at the Gon vs Pitou battle for the more interesting example). If he hadn't already shown this ability, I would never have even mentioned it in the first place. And lets not forget the two and a half years worth of hiatus.

I admit I should have gone into more detail in my first post (I try not to, but no one is perfect), but I can defend myself if need be.
Well, this is basically more of an issue of other shonen mangakas setting a very low bar than Togashi being a genius though . In other words, Oda and Togashi plan ahead, while Kubo and Kishimoto (because that's mostly who we're talking about) just pull stuff out of their asses all the time, making anyone shine by comparison .
Then again, we're talking about a genre whose patron saint is Akira Toriyama, and for how much I love Dragonball, there's no denying that he was a master of making-shit-up-fu .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 15:01   Link #4934
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm so happy the ant arc is over.
Old 2014-07-13, 04:33   Link #4935
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

People don't need to exaggerate about Togashi's "planning", sure, but don't downplay it either.

Togashi clearly made up the fact that there were five siblings on purpose. He may or may not have had a plan for each of them yet, but that's just it: He habitually set things up so he can make use of them later, and whether he planned it in this shape all the way back when or not doesn't really matter. He created a hook with the intention of making use of it later, and then later he made use of it. That's how long-term storytelling should work. I'll leave whether or not Togashi is a genius up in the air, but you can't deny that he has proper technique when it comes to setting up for future events, and referring to facts that have been established in the past.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 14:47   Link #4936
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 14:58   Link #4937
Kazu-kun

Alluka's pretty cute.
Old 2014-07-15, 14:59   Link #4938
hamazura
whatever

now you all can call it "asspull" "deus ex machina" or whatever as you like. i cant deny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Alluka's pretty cute.
bu...but HE is a BOY
Old 2014-07-15, 15:03   Link #4939
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
bu...but HE is a BOY
Biologically, yeah, but Killua refers to her as a girl, and this probably means that she sees herself as female as well. So for me she's a girl.
Old 2014-07-15, 15:05   Link #4940
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Biologically, yeah, but Killua refers to her as a girl, and this probably means that she sees herself as female as well. So for me she's a girl.
Killua probably had the time to peak ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen