AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 16:20   Link #101
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
She can't be dumber than Miaka. That just isn't possible.

I might see if the first episode intrigues me...
Nobody can't beat Kyoani's dumb leads, Tamakoma included .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 19:35   Link #102
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Amnesia. First Thoughts

Amnesia becomes the second of the chosen titles I've selected to begin the start of this new year.

It's difficult for me to make a simple analysis after watching the first episode in one go. From my point of view Amnesia feels like a down-to-earth reality story extracted from the classical Alice through the Looking Glass trope but with the twist that everything happens to the heroine in the real world due that she's amnesiac.

Right now, before posting this review, I researched Amnesia and found out that the anime is adapted from a visual novel, otome game released in 2011; the first game itself received very positive reviews in Japan and all sorts of paraphernalia of goods and items associated with the game have been released since that date.

Without precise certainty what I can vaguely discern about the character designs is that some characters like Ikki I could swear come straight from Yana Tobosos' designs for Kuroshitsuji, if you observe with detail Ikki's character working at the Meido no Shitsuji café.

It's too early for me to give a well rounded analysis about the story based upon the first chapter, since like the heroine I'm lost and loss at words of how to make the plot threads to knit them together. Though I must admit that listening to Kaori Nazuka as the voice of the Heroine for this series both lulls and soothes me to a full sense of serenity without making me sleepy.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 20:01   Link #103
Entravity

For me, the interactions are all pretty interesting. After all, we're all as clueless as her since we are seeing things in her perspective. Looks like I'll watch this for the unraveling of events.
Old 2013-01-14, 13:26   Link #104
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Nobody can't beat Kyoani's dumb leads, Tamakoma included .
Have you watched Fushigi Yuugi? It's a much older reverse-harem series but....
Miaka isn't just "dumb"...she is mind-numbingly stupid...and neither her looks or personality makes up for that.
Kyoani at least has cute dumb leads.
Old 2013-01-14, 13:41   Link #105
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Miaka isn't just "dumb"...she is mind-numbingly stupid...and neither her looks or personality makes up for that.
Kyoani at least has cute dumb leads.
Not when the designs are all the same each season.

EDIT:

Episode 2:

Wait, what?

Shin already make his move already??? O_O Didn't saw that coming.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-01-14 at 15:35.
Old 2013-01-15, 11:23   Link #106
Bern-san

The adaptation is going in a really unexpected direction.
Spoiler for 2:
Old 2013-01-15, 12:30   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The mystery is getting very intriguing. I'm loving this. The heroine is starting to get random flashbacks, or at least this is what she thought they were. Her conversation with Kent indicates they are not, since he had no recollection of going to a festival with her. I then assumed they were flashforwards to future events, however with the way the episode ended, I'm led to believe they are actually memories from alternate timelines. Heroine killed herself falling off that cliff and returned to August 1st, starting a new loop. I assume Orion is basically the Hanyuu to Heroine's Rikka. If that's how it is, then the MC will easily be able to date all the guys over the course of the series (as the OP indicates). The problem is time, 12 episodes is short.

Green haired guy is very suspicious. He seems aware of what is happening. I was starting to think he wasn't such a bad guy when he saved the MC's life earlier in the episode, but then he went full psycho. Not sure what his intentions are.

This is very interesting so far.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:32   Link #108
mistress_kisara

Episode 2 was really good in my opinion. Now I'm curious on how they'll fit in everyone's route
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 14:32   Link #109
ookamigirl

Going on a trip. That should be fun.
Well, at least her workplace is pretty nice.
Her spacing out made her dangerous to herself.
Her memory flashbacks kept popping up all the time.
The trip itself was so-so, until she did something stupid again.
At least the kiss part was a nice surprise.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 17:13   Link #110
Dop
Mmmm....

Wait. A time loop, in August? I've got deja vu...

But seriously, I was finding the heroine such a complete weed that I was ready to drop this but the sudden development at the end means I'm giving it at least one more episode to see where it's going.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 17:54   Link #111
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
To be honest, I think Yui is the dumbest in FY. She believes whatever lies Nakago chooses to feed her.

Back to Amnesia, I am watching this show for the guys, really. The heroine is like a doll without a soul. I understand the reason and all but listening to an almost lifeless person speaking lulls me to sleep.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 21:15   Link #112
novalysis

Well, are we seeing a case of the Generic Otome Protagonist?

The genderbended version of the Bland Male Lead/Generic Harem protagonist?

I must admit, much of this episode was rather boring. Horribly so, that I thought of dropping this. The final scenes however, had me hooked once more to this episode, so it's earned another episode's grace period.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 23:52   Link #113
AmericanFairy

Wow! Just... Wow. I certainly didn't see that twist of an ending coming.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 00:21   Link #114
Chiibi

I sat down to the first two episodes.
It is indeed pretty intriguing. And pretty in general! I love the two-toned eyes! The OP and ED are pretty too. Reminds me of a cross between Okina Reika (the vocals) and Yousei (composition).

My favorite character so far is Orion. He's too cute! As for the boys, I choose Shin.
Big suprise, eh?
Well, he's the only one with actual sex appeal!
.....even though he dresses really....weird. Well, they ALL dress weird. That's my biggest complaint so far. Heroine's outfits are cute though. I like her rose barrette shoes! And her hairstyle is cute too.
Nice kiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
To be honest, I think Yui is the dumbest in FY. She believes whatever lies Nakago chooses to feed her.
Meh, they're both idiots....but at least Yui is a better student. XD Miaka fails in both grades AND common sense so....yeah.....
Old 2013-01-16, 00:35   Link #115
AmericanFairy

Quote:
My favorite character so far is Orion. He's too cute! As for the boys, I choose Shin.
Big suprise, eh?
Well, he's the only one with actual sex appeal!
.....even though he dresses really....weird. Well, they ALL dress weird. That's my biggest complaint so far. Heroine's outfits are cute though. I like her rose barrette shoes! And her hairstyle is cute too.
Nice kiss.
I agree that Orion is just too cute! And I kind of like the way they dress. Kinda. It's a bit on the funky side but more daring than I would actually go, lol.

Shin is definitely one of my favorites! Him and Kent. It must be that quiet, smart guy, appeal.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 00:48   Link #116
Chiibi

Yes, Shin is hot stuff. ^w^ I was sad he barely got screentime in episode 1 but episode 2 made up for that.

>_>

*wants an Orion doll*
Old 2013-01-16, 05:36   Link #117
Kakkou
Tch.

The end of the second ep felt like the player ran into a bad end and restarted from a new route/save point. It'll be interesting to see where they take it from here, since she's now a few days earlier than when she 'started' and no Orion in sight.

Oh and I can't stop laughing at how I called her a deer in headlights last week only for her to nearly turn herself into roadkill just like one this week. I just had to do this:

I hereby call her Deer-chan until her actual name is revealed.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 06:08   Link #118
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The end of the second ep felt like the player ran into a bad end and restarted from a new route/save point. It'll be interesting to see where they take it from here, since she's now a few days earlier than when she 'started' and no Orion in sight.
Not really. Falling from the cliff is the beginning of Shin's route
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 07:52   Link #119
Kakkou
Tch.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I find it odd that her flashbacks(?) in this ep didn't have those colour filters over them like the first. I was pretty sure the colours were meant to represent which routes the scenes were from considering how blatantly colour coded everyone is but now I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Not really. Falling from the cliff is the beginning of Shin's route
I said that because of how she started back at the beginning of August and it was a jest anyway.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 08:01   Link #120
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Well, are we seeing a case of the Generic Otome Protagonist?

The genderbended version of the Bland Male Lead/Generic Harem protagonist?

I must admit, much of this episode was rather boring. Horribly so, that I thought of dropping this. The final scenes however, had me hooked once more to this episode, so it's earned another episode's grace period.
I don't think so, usually your generic mc generally is indecisive and a day-dreamer.

Here the mc is an amnesic girl with some trauma that stops her from taking action.

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo