AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 19:58   Link #21
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
That was already brought up by Diethard. I doubt she'd care about something like that at this point. The Euphemia massacre seems like a lot more of an issue.
or she'll find out about it, get angry, and we'll have a Nice Boat ending because of what he did to that Nice Boat
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:00   Link #22
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
That was already brought up by Diethard. I doubt she'd care about something like that at this point. The Euphemia massacre seems like a lot more of an issue.
Again, Kallen was a direct cause of the massacre in Shinjuku (and the bombing that killed 51 Japanese people and 8 Britannians to get the "poison gas" in the first place) and the death of Shirley's father and a lot of other people in Narita.

She knows better than anyone how screwing up can lead to the death of thousands, and what it means to kill unjustly.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:02   Link #23
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

True, which makes it clear that it really doesn't matter.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:06   Link #24
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

The only person who could know the truth about the boat incident is Lelouch...
Old 2008-04-09, 20:07   Link #25
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

C.C. would know too as well and Diethard pretty much figured it all out.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-09, 20:12   Link #26
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
C.C. would know too as well and Diethard pretty much figured it all out.
But no one cares, everyone from the Japanese Liberation Front who was worth saving was saved, the rest of the JLF leaders were incompetent and just doing the same thing as Sawaguchi.

Asahina even said he never liked them anyway.
Old 2008-04-09, 20:16   Link #27
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
But no one cares, everyone from the Japanese Liberation Front who was worth saving was saved, the rest of the JLF leaders were incompetent and just doing the same thing as Sawaguchi.

Asahina even said he never liked them anyway.
Completely true. Besides, this is war and things need to be done even if they are terrible.

And that is all that matters.

Old 2008-04-09, 20:16   Link #28
Aquaman OS

Since Kallen is one of the only Black Knights that will probably get the full story eventually (about Geass and the emperor and everything) she probably won't be too upset about the Euphie thing.

However I think her days as unquestioning Zero fangirl solider are over. Sure she will still follow orders but I think she will be much more talkative and opinionated to Zero now and not be quite as polite as she used to be (in a good way mind you). She might even start calling him by his real name when they are alone.

Kallen is one of the few people that can understand and share Lelouch's true feelings and motivations, with his family issues. C.C. might know Lelouch's true self but she probably can't identify with it very well.

This is all good as the poor guy needs a true friend or two. The angsty loner thing wasn't working out too well.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:18   Link #29
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I am thankful the fangirl is gone because she was just annoying like that, especially in the other media.

I'm somewhat doubtful about her being able to understand Lelouch better than anyone else though. It could happen, but I have my doubts.

Old 2008-04-09, 20:21   Link #30
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Kallen is one of the few people that can understand and share Lelouch's true feelings and motivations, with his family issues.
She knows that Zero = Lelouch Lamperouge, but does she know that Lelouch Lamperouge = Lelouch vi Britannia? I don't think so.

I also don't think Lelouch Lamperouge is one to talk about his family much, so I don't see how she would be able to understand his motivations.
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:23   Link #31
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbowConnection View Post
She knows that Zero = Lelouch Lamperouge, but does she know that Lelouch Lamperouge = Lelouch vi Britannia? I don't think so.

I also don't think Lelouch Lamperouge is one to talk about his family much, so I don't see how she would be able to understand his motivations.
I guess between her and Millay, all his secrets could be revealed
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:23   Link #32
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

karen is a huge zero fangirl
hanseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:23   Link #33
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The royalty part wouldn't matter much I would think.

And she'll find out enough eventually if she doesn't know already. Given that she lost a brother already and has a mother that is precious to her, she could be put in a situation where she could come to understand Lelouch better than others.

Old 2008-04-09, 20:25   Link #34
Var
Banned

Quote:
Did you forget about the entire cave incident? She was there when Lelouch said why he was there, and she knows full well who Nunally is. Its not really all that difficult to put one and one together and figure out just what Lelouch's true priorities are.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:28   Link #35
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday
The royalty part wouldn't matter much I would think.

And she'll find out enough eventually if she doesn't know already. Given that she lost a brother already and has a mother that is precious to her, she could be put in a situation where she could come to understand Lelouch better than others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Did you forget about the entire cave incident? She was there when Lelouch said why he was there, and she knows full well who Nunally is. Its not really all that difficult to put one and one together and figure out just what Lelouch's true priorities are.
I was actually talking about Lelouch's other goal of getting to his father. Now that I read it a little more carefully, it makes a lot more sense that the OP was talking about his brotherly devotion.

Anyways, my bad, sorry.
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:29   Link #36
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
no different than Kallen though, who does what she does for Naoto and her mother. >_>
Old 2008-04-09, 20:31   Link #37
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
That's the incident that switched Suzaku and Kallen's view of Lelouch. Suzaku's has changed to hate, and Kallen's has changed to ? We will see next episode. Damnit isn't it Sunday yet?
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:33   Link #38
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
no different than Kallen though, who does what she does for Naoto and her mother. >_>
...that was my point.

I have a feeling that C.C. had to reveal a lot to Kallen over the one year time, since its was pretty much just the two of them. So if they develop it correctly, I don't see it as impossible for her to come to know Lelouch better than anyone (on equal with C.C.) and be able to empathize with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
That's the incident that switched Suzaku and Kallen's view of Lelouch. Suzaku's has changed to hate, and Kallen's has changed to ? We will see next episode. Damnit isn't it Sunday yet?
It's strange. In a way I'd call it past devotion, but there's nothing concrete about it and if I say it someone will come and bite my head off. But, I question, how one can call it just devotion if she's been betrayed.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:34   Link #39
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I was actually talking about Lelouch's other goal of getting to his father. Now that I read it a little more carefully, it makes a lot more sense that the OP was talking about his brotherly devotion.

Anyways, my bad, sorry.
Wouldn't it be good if Lelouch took out his father? If anything, Kallen and the Order want this to happen.

Old 2008-04-09, 20:35   Link #40
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Damnit isn't it Sunday yet?
Stole the words out of my mouth. So many things left unanswered.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote