AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-08-03, 13:49   Link #981
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Well at least Figma normally aren't that expensive, although when you add in shipping and everything...

Interesting to see them planing to release ANOTHER Fate, especially considering that the pose looks VERY similar to the one from A's. Although it looks like she is going to be in Riot Form, and obviously as an adult, but I kind of wish they would have changed the pose. It's nice that they are making a Tiana too, I may actually buy this one compared to the other one that was out.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 14:50   Link #982
Once and Current Subber

Yeah, superior Teana model is superior. ;p
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 20:04   Link #983
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

I laugh at those who bought the Movic figures. It pays off to wait for other companies to do their own.

Oh, and Goodsmile is doing a Subaru figure

dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 21:18   Link #984
randombum

I got my Fate figma. There's a few more pictures up at my blog, if anyone's interested.
Old 2008-08-03, 23:09   Link #985
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

How are the Figma figures quality wise?
Old 2008-08-04, 01:25   Link #986
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
I laugh at those who bought the Movic figures. It pays off to wait for other companies to do their own.
However, you never know if someone else is also going to do them... I mean Nanoha is pretty "old" now and yet just now Alter is only starting to ANNOUNCE their "duplicate" ones. Some people would rather just have 2 of the same rather then take a risk of missing out.

Edit: As for Figma quality, I believe Figma is an offbranch (or something) of Max Factory, which are generally ok quality wise. Keep in mind though you're comparing a fixed pose figure to one where not only can you pose it, but also swap out hair and faces.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 02:30   Link #987
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Considering how popular the franchise is, it's only a matter of time and finding a good sculpt to reproduce. Makes no sense to churn out ugly looking figures quickly, especially for brands know for quality products like Alter and GSC. The smart figure buyers know the pattern that most manufacturers take.

Like A's Fate for example, the first figure of her announced was the Movic one, two months later, both GSC and Alter followed with their own which were a lot better looking than the Movic shit. And Movic's quality leaves much to be desired. Being a fanboy does not mean I have to spend my money stupidly on things that I would regret owning.
Old 2008-08-04, 02:56   Link #988
Once and Current Subber

Figma's associated with Good Smile, if I'm not mistaken. You see a lot of Figma stuff up on Mikatan's blog... ;p

That said, I like my Movic Subaru. Good pose for her. The Teana one didn't do anything for me, so I passed. Found an A's Nanoha at a con, way after they were out of print, small store had one left in stock. Rein, Vita, Hayate, and Signum got pre-ordered, heh.

Still don't have a good Fate. Might get that one, but I dunno... Face is a lot of it.
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 04:01   Link #989
randombum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
How are the Figma figures quality wise?
I think the quality is quite good. For something at this price, the details are pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Figma's associated with Good Smile, if I'm not mistaken. You see a lot of Figma stuff up on Mikatan's blog... ;p
Technically figmas are under the Max Factory lines. But, Good Smile Company and Max Factory are extremely connected.
Old 2008-08-04, 07:19   Link #990
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Man, Alter sure is busy...they're basically making most of the characters from the Nanoha series.

Figma Hayate, it was bound to happen...now I can complete the aces collection from Figma. Although I have to find Fate first...she's sold out everywhere.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 08:15   Link #991
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Man, Alter sure is busy...they're basically making most of the characters from the Nanoha series.

Figma Hayate, it was bound to happen...now I can complete the aces collection from Figma. Although I have to find Fate first...she's sold out everywhere.
HLJ still has Fate in stock.
Old 2008-08-04, 20:25   Link #992
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Those elevens had better not be trolling us with a 'shop. Liquid stone is the group making those posable Nanoha figures seen at past Wonderfest events.

http://www.liquidstone.jp/

Max Factory, or rather, most of the companies under GSC, for the past few months have been missing product release dates due to some problems in the factory in China. Eg. Figma Kyon was delayed for a month and Fate and Konata were delayed by a week. And last year, their Genesic GaoGaiGar re-release was delayed by seven months. You read that right, seven whole months. For some reason, the GSC's family of companies' quality has been on a slight decline as of late, with hit and miss quality instead of consistent quality throughout different different products
Old 2008-08-05, 17:34   Link #993
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's some really amazing figures for the Nanoha series floating on these links posted:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/097/97072/
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/096/96815/

Other series posted as well, be wary for NSFW-ish pics.

Scary cute Vita: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/096/96578/img.html

So...... when Fate-chan is dual-wielding.... one wonders how her twin-tails survive at that length
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/096/96593/img.html
Old 2008-08-05, 18:10   Link #994
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Ofc it will ^^

No characters in this series ever lose hair over a brawl

And being a pre-milf fate chan lover even more, I love this one

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/096/96595/img.html

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 06:16   Link #995
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
HLJ still has Fate in stock.
Thanks for the heads up, but I just checked HLJ out right now and its now listed as "discontinued".
This sucks, I didn't get any time to check on the site since I was busy with other things...hopefully, they'll get another batch again...I know that their Teana figurine was "discontinued" and then it magically became "in stock" again.

errr...next to the Hayate figurine, I really wanted the Fate figma.

Man Nanoha figurines are really coming out...YES, the first Striker figma...and its Subaru!!
Lets hope for the full line up, including Chrono.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 11:22   Link #996
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

That Subaru is not under the Figma line. It uses standard off the shelve Wave joints.
Old 2008-08-06, 11:32   Link #997
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://dps.dengekionline.com/entryimg/080806_wf_02.jpg
http://dps.dengekionline.com/entryimg/080806_wf_03.jpg
T system is an amateur company?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 12:49   Link #998
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombum View Post

I got my Fate figma. There's a few more pictures up at my blog, if anyone's interested.
No fair! My supplier ran out and I won't get mine until September, even though it was pre-ordered! T_T
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 14:51   Link #999
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
No fair! My supplier ran out and I won't get mine until September, even though it was pre-ordered! T_T
I feel your pain . The site I ordered mine from said they haven't received their shipment yet and don't know when it'll arrive ;_;
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 18:58   Link #1000
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I made my order down on the Fate Figma while it was still avabilable on HLJ, hopefully I'll get it.

Holy crap I want those.