AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-25, 09:33   Link #10041
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Julian Assange is a clown. His "leaks" so far had been just a consolidation of what has already been known, but to a much smaller audience. If he wants a better reaction, this next round of leaks better be news to all of us.
Part of me even thinks he was paid by the government to provide some entertainment and inspire false conspiracies among the gullible to distract them from what's really happening behind the scenes. If he was doing it on his own, the FBI, CIA and NSA would've been on him within minutes of posting his stuff.
Old 2010-11-25, 10:15   Link #10042
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
My old history prof puts it nicely: What does Portugal produce which the world wants?
Cristiano Ronaldo.

Old 2010-11-25, 10:51   Link #10043
Azumanga Davo
Chiyo IQ, Osaka Aptitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Cristiano Ronaldo.

That's more of an institution than an industry.
Old 2010-11-25, 10:59   Link #10044
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I think I've written on the Korean Question before, but I'll repeat myself:

China is supporting NK mainly for two reasons.
1) It doesn't trust SK to keep US troops far away from the Yalu once the North goes down.
2) The refugee issue.

The US-SK delegation basically need to go to Beijing and say,"Look. The US won't station troops across the Yalu, and you guys will have your interests in the North protected. All we ask is for you to seal the border with NK." The Chinese are also vexed with NK, so once this can be secured, the next step will be war. What kind of war it will be depends on what the South wants after the smoke clears.
Especially agree with you on China likely being vexed at the North. I can't imagine they like any outcome that results in US Aircraft carrier battlegroups in the yellow sea.
Old 2010-11-25, 11:26   Link #10045
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
My old history prof puts it nicely: What does Portugal produce which the world wants? Not a whole lot of stuff.
Portugal does produce some unique but it's kinda irrelevant since it's not something that half the world wants and in big quantities.

Anyway with the politicians we have today, Portugal is not going anywhere. They are all corrupts.
Old 2010-11-25, 11:32   Link #10046
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Cristiano Ronaldo.

I see a potential for a biotech and cloning industry.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-25, 15:10   Link #10047
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

New corruption scandal deals blow to India's image
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...6AO19P20101125
Old 2010-11-25, 15:43   Link #10048
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Especially agree with you on China likely being vexed at the North. I can't imagine they like any outcome that results in US Aircraft carrier battlegroups in the yellow sea.
Its like having a nasty little dog that has some useful purposes but you keep ending up getting roughed up by the neighborhood association when the dog bites kids and digs up flowers.

Its really sad how a book on 3yr-old child psychology is the most effective tool for dealing with the NK.
Old 2010-11-25, 15:59   Link #10049
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
With the way things are going, it's only a matter of time before either Portugal or Italia fall the way Greece did. I'm especially concerned for Italia. Despite how bad Berlusconi is, he's done a decent job of keeping Italy on its feet just by keeping the government stable for so long. If we go back to the way it was before, with countless referendums and government changes every few months, I'll be surprised if we can shoulder all the problems.
Heh. Apparently, three fourth of the French approved of helping Ireland, chiefly because they're worried France may soon be in the same situation. How foolishly optimistic. Ireland has someone to help them, even if they don't like the conditions. If we fall, we'll only have people to take down with us!
Old 2010-11-25, 16:32   Link #10050
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If we fall, we'll only have people to take down with us!
given how much France weight on the EU, I seriously doubt than, if needed, it could be saved the same way than Ireland, german don't have that kind of money...
Old 2010-11-25, 16:47   Link #10051
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Heh. Apparently, three fourth of the French approved of helping Ireland, chiefly because they're worried France may soon be in the same situation. How foolishly optimistic. Ireland has someone to help them, even if they don't like the conditions. If we fall, we'll only have people to take down with us!
No offense but isn't that how the French have always done it? Besides, how is helping Ireland going to help you guys if you fall into a similar crisis? You'd only be spending more money in places where you don't really need to
Old 2010-11-25, 17:18   Link #10052
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
given how much France weight on the EU, I seriously doubt than, if needed, it could be saved the same way than Ireland, german don't have that kind of money...
Precisely my point. Well, that and the fact that if we default, all those guys who lent us money will mechanically be in trouble too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
No offense but isn't that how the French have always done it? Besides, how is helping Ireland going to help you guys if you fall into a similar crisis? You'd only be spending more money in places where you don't really need to
Not sure. I guess they're agreeing with the principle of helping struggling countries, hoping it'll apply to use if/when we need it. There may also be a problem of self-image at work. French people are so used to thinking of themselves as poor victims, they don't realize how big our economy really is.
Old 2010-11-26, 00:09   Link #10053
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Interesting video talking about North Korea's political motives.

Talking specifically about problems with trying to negotiate with the North.
Old 2010-11-26, 00:19   Link #10054
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Interesting video talking about North Korea's political motives.

Talking specifically about problems with trying to negotiate with the North.
So far, most "negotiations" I have seen are "Close down your NPP and we won't sanction you" or "Stop being so militaristic and we won't nuke you", in VERY SHORT, and limited negotiations.

Sometimes I wonder about the decadency of UN in our era, negotiations during the Cold War tend to be longer but not filled with false choices.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-26, 00:25   Link #10055
Sumeragi
Banned

Not sure what's the current discussion on DPRK. Anything I can help with?
Old 2010-11-26, 00:29   Link #10056
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Not sure what's the current discussion on DPRK. Anything I can help with?
Sure. Tell us if the conflict affected the kimchi output to the world.

Joking. I was actually wondering if you could tell us about the location of the anti-DPRK demonstrations if there were any, in which states and regions, whether it is closer towards Seoul or towards the 38th.

Also, it would be good if you can get your boyfriend to tell us about the defence condition of SK, whether it has been heightened and by how many levels (if possible, including mobilisation and recalls of "NSmen" over there).

Old 2010-11-26, 00:34   Link #10057
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Omigod, I never considered kimchee futures!!! To the stock ticker!!
Old 2010-11-26, 00:38   Link #10058
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Also, it would be good if you can get your boyfriend to tell us about the defence condition of SK, whether it has been heightened and by how many levels (if possible, including mobilisation and recalls of "NSmen" over there).
He's in the US right now. He was a former ROKMC< and I attended the memorial altar to the two dead Marines two days ago in his place. Stayed there all night.
Old 2010-11-26, 00:44   Link #10059
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
He's in the US right now. He was a former ROKMC< and I attended the memorial altar to the two dead Marines two days ago in his place. Stayed there all night.
Damn...That had to be pretty harsh, considering he might have been in the same position as those two guys.
Old 2010-11-26, 00:47   Link #10060
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Damn...That had to be pretty harsh, considering he might have been in the same position as those two guys.
Tell me about it. The ROKMC is one huge family, and considering he lost several friends in the past year (two in the Cheonan sinking, a US soldier in Iraq, etc), he's taking it hard.

Never mind he's actually been in battle before.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international