AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-04-05, 06:39   Link #1081
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
Exception No 1 and the main one : Touma already have that Imagine Breaker when he born
No, he did not. Touma gained the Imagine Breaker, or at least had it sealed when he went to Academy City.

I"m not talking about the soft core bad luck you see in the novels either- I'm talking about the kind of bad luck where this sort of crap happened:
Quote:
During his childhood he was often seen as a jinx because of the misfortune that his right hand creates. Once, a bankrupt and superstitious person blamed Touma for his own misfortunes and tried to stab him, resulting in a TV station hearing about the incident and trying to make a supernatural show based on Touma, as well as releasing images of him without his family's consent
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 06:44   Link #1082
Zakoo

This is nothing more than a speculation of a fanbase.
imho, it's as much hinted than Fukiyose being the queen ...
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 07:06   Link #1083
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
...How? What proof do you have?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 07:28   Link #1084
tsunade666

Quote:
the speculation of him having imagine breaker when he enters academy city might be just an speculation but his super bad luck before entering academy city is the truth from the few back grounds he had in vol 4.

The anime cut it out but he really had different level of bad luck that people around him was scared of him.
Old 2011-04-05, 08:33   Link #1085
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
There still more thought

He witness the death of Misaka 10031 by Accelerator and he is shocked without words seeing his old childhood friend who's long gone now in front of him, killing people and then Touma will stumble with the rest of the Sisters that are going to take the body?
Yea, I did that with a gender bent Accelerator. xD. But if you want to keep going with the ideas, go for it.

But for my fic, there will be a v2 as an expanded version of the fic and hopefully addressing yukiro's grammar concerns

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 10:27   Link #1086
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Well, I think the problem is, is that there aren't too many hot bishie guys giving off love vibes like in Durarara.
Oh, the reason why I said 'fangirls' is because me and another friend noticed that there are most writers on FF.net are female.

Quote:
Well the number of fanfiction really means nothing, look at the one of SnS, most of them are 200 words fanfiction.

And most of To aru's fanfiction are enjoyable, at least for me.
Most Toaru fanfics are really Railgun fanfics.

Imo, very few gives me the impression that this 'could' happen in the story. Okay I admit I'm VERY picky about my fics, but still...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 10:30   Link #1087
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Yes, I feel the same way. A lot of them are just too unrealistic and there are too many ToumaxMikoto fics (I do not like this pairing).
Old 2011-04-05, 10:40   Link #1088
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

While I DO like that pairing, few of them actually feels like the characters themselves and more like what the writer REALLY REALLY want to see happen.

Oh well, as the saying goes, if you want something done, you've got to do it yourself.

But that also opens up another can of worms - variety, how many of those story feels like the same thing?
Old 2011-04-05, 10:46   Link #1089
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Speaking of crazy and/or original Toaru stories, anyone ever written something like this yet?

Spoiler for half-baked idea #1:
Wait, this sounds similar like my Touka fanfic i was planning to do.
Old 2011-04-05, 11:49   Link #1090
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the speculation of him having imagine breaker when he enters academy city might be just an speculation but his super bad luck before entering academy city is the truth from the few back grounds he had in vol 4.

The anime cut it out but he really had different level of bad luck that people around him was scared of him.
I perfectly know it.

But who could give him the IB ? What reasons ? And Aleister convinced Touya to send his son to AC because he was interested in his power. I don't think he would be interested in 'something' that just brings misfortune seriously aside bringing plague itself inside AC.

> Implied, he must have it before.

But I won't argue about it, I don't particularly like subjects like that. After all a FF isn't necessarly perfect and you can change what you want as long as it follow the to aru universe.
Old 2011-04-06, 02:29   Link #1091
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
I perfectly know it.

But who could give him the IB ? What reasons ? And Aleister convinced Touya to send his son to AC because he was interested in his power. I don't think he would be interested in 'something' that just brings misfortune seriously aside bringing plague itself inside AC.

> Implied, he must have it before.
Aleister didn't convince Touya to do anything, Touya sent Touma to AC for the sole purpose that AC isn't superstious enough to believe in 'bad luck' and harm Touma. Having said that, it was suggested in Vol13 epilogue Aleister had a hand in shaping the events that lead to Touya's decision...
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 05:18   Link #1092
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Theory; Touma's Imagine Breaker used to be AOE, not only did it remove the 'blessing from God' and give people all kinds of bad luck, it also erodes their life energy, almost killing them. Despite being considered neither Magic nor ESP, there is a way to shape and manipulate it, the end result is an Imagine Breaker shrunk down to it's source- The Right Hand.

If Touma ever gets a power-up, the AOE Imagine Breaker might bring bad luck to everybody again.
Old 2011-04-06, 06:11   Link #1093
Zakoo

I really wonder what you mean by energy life. Though the fact it could be AoE is good, the same way he could use his whole body as a Imagine Breaker, thinking that it would have a range is a possibility.
Old 2011-04-06, 06:31   Link #1094
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I really wonder what you mean by energy life. Though the fact it could be AoE is good, the same way he could use his whole body as a Imagine Breaker, thinking that it would have a range is a possibility.
In volume 14 Touma and Tsuchimikado had a talk about the ley line that runs benearth the city and how it's the life energy of the planet. He then speculate whether or not Touma could negate this energy, if so, it would imply that he can kill someone by negating their life energy simply from touching them.

...Something like that, I can't remember word for word.
Old 2011-04-06, 06:39   Link #1095
Zakoo

Yeah, I remember.

Still weird enough for me, that's more occult than religion, but killing somebody just be touching him really suits Touma I don't know why but the situation would be awesome.
Old 2011-04-06, 11:04   Link #1096
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yeah, I remember.

Still weird enough for me, that's more occult than religion, but killing somebody just be touching him really suits Touma I don't know why but the situation would be awesome.
Some time ago, I was brainstorming for ideas for a Four Hoursemen characters; When I got to Death, I decided to give him a Right Hand power under the pretext that the Grim Reaper kills by touching people with his Right Hand. Though after a while he slowly became a Holy Right clone with it's ability to cross any distance almost instantly as "No one can escape Death" among others.

In any case, I've been trying to get people to accept the idea of Touma's super effective punch is the result of his Imagine Breaker negating his target's 'good luck' and possibly taking a small portion of their life energy, enough to knock them out but nothing serious.
Old 2011-04-06, 12:31   Link #1097
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Some time ago, I was brainstorming for ideas for a Four Hoursemen characters; When I got to Death, I decided to give him a Right Hand power under the pretext that the Grim Reaper kills by touching people with his Right Hand. Though after a while he slowly became a Holy Right clone with it's ability to cross any distance almost instantly as "No one can escape Death" among others.

In any case, I've been trying to get people to accept the idea of Touma's super effective punch is the result of his Imagine Breaker negating his target's 'good luck' and possibly taking a small portion of their life energy, enough to knock them out but nothing serious.

It a neat idea, chaos . My theory of Touma IB that it not only negates supernatural powers but absorbs or convert it into another form of of energy I remember a law in energy conversion that "That energy does not vanish completely, but is transformed or transferred into another state" My theory suggest that all the all of supernatural energy that I B negated can be transformed and stored into the hidden entity inside AKA "KAMIJOU"
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 12:42   Link #1098
Zakoo

That needs to explain from where espers gain their energy to use their power though. Same for magician but it was mana for them I guess?
Old 2011-04-06, 12:54   Link #1099
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Power Curriculum are use in AC to develop ESPER power as light novel states that are bounded by parameter list my guess is Alisters way of controlling the who is a lvl5 or a lvl 0, but i think there ways to get around the parameter list
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 12:56   Link #1100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Power Curriculum are use in AC to develop ESPER power as light novel states that are bounded by parameter list my guess is Alisters way of controlling the who is a lvl5 or a lvl 0, but i think there ways to get around the parameter list
Sigh, no- The parameter list doesn't decide who gets to be what level, it's not like everybody can be a Level 5.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction